LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 307 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by communist:
Yes, it exactly is. Wilson with the Broncos, Fields with the Steelers, Carr with the Saints, Minshew or JG with the Raiders and so on. Guys like Mayfield or Cousins are an exception to the rule.

Even a Fitzpatrick looked good from time to time. Darnold was trash in his career so far.

These are all examples of overpaying QBs, lol. What are we talking about here?
again, that you either signing Purdy to a very expensive contract or you get the trash that is left or you get a Wilson.
to me, keeping Purdy in this scenario is a no brainer
you can't thrive easily if you are playing with trash and no help by your line either

This isn't the case. It's just bad analysis.
Must admit, this Is the first time I've had legit concerns over Brock. His lack of arm power could be an Issue going forward Imo. Those two touchdown misses to Kittle and cowning could have made a big difference
again, that you either signing Purdy to a very expensive contract or you get the trash that is left or you get a Wilson.
to me, keeping Purdy in this scenario is a no brainer

Like I said, not going in circles with you. You have easily available examples of teams moving on from overpaid starters and not being left with donuts at the position.

And more importantly teams that overpay average to above average QB's havent been successful in terms of winning championships.
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
I don't understand your Rams comment, but one elite WR would be great and then supplemental beyond. We don't have an elite WR. We overpaid for Aiyuk and deebo is washed.
BA is fine.

we played against the Rams with nothing at WR and TE, yet we were in the game, Purdy was basically perfect (22/30, 6 drops).

Totally different caliber of team than we faced today.
it is ok to lose against the best team of the league.
Cousins, Burrow, Lamarr and Herbert lost as well
Difference between good and great.
you can't thrive easily if you are playing with trash and no help by your line either

against the Rams, only JJ was available who was or third wr most of the time before. the o line i don't Even want to start about
It's consistency. Brock has been all over the place this year.

@ Minnesota was OK but a good chunk of very poor moments

@ Cardinals was not great with several very bad moments

Today was absolutely horrific from start to finish in virtually every way imaginable. Even some of his good plays weren't up to the standard we've seen and expect.

3/7, almost half the games this year, he's not been good.

There's only one thing we can do to help him if he's playing with the current personnel, and that's scheme up more completions like Kyle did for Jimmy and like Andy did today for Pat.

There's nothing wrong with doing that. Your job is to win. Keep what's working, and start tweaking things to help Purdy because he's starting to look overwhelmed, and every other game seems to be a painful one to watch.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 20, 2024 at 6:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Must admit, this Is the first time I've had legit concerns over Brock. His lack of arm power could be an Issue going forward Imo. Those two touchdown misses to Kittle and cowning could have made a big difference
no step in the first one, not sure about the second one

O line is trash. He has zero time most of the time.

no step in the first one, not sure about the second one

Agree with concerned arm strength. Should have been a TD for sure with Cowling and underthrew him.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's consistency. Brock has been all over the place this year.

@ Minnesota was OK but a good chunk of very poor moments

@ Cardinals was not great with several very bad moments

Today was absolutely horrific from start to finish in virtually every way imaginable. Even some of his good plays weren't up to the standard we've seen and expect.

3/7, almost half the games this year, he's not been good.

There's only one thing we can do to help him if he's playing with the current personnel, and that's scheme up more completions like Kyle did for Jimmy and like Andy did today for Pat.

There's nothing wrong with doing that. Your job is to win. Keep what's working, and start tweaking things to help Purdy because he's starting to look overwhelmed, and every other game seems to be a painful one to watch.

You don't pay that QB $60 million a year then or even close to $50 million. I don't care what the QB market is

O line is trash. He has zero time most of the time.

This is why I don't understand why Shanahan doesn't scheme more designed runs or roll outs or something. Needs to use his legs more!

It's a lot to overcome. Not just the deep passes but some of the anticipation throws he has to make. He has to be perfect on his reads and processing which is asking a lot.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Difference between good and great.

Huge difference.

A Mahomes or Brady can win SB titles with average players.

Purdy needs talent around him. Lots of it. Just like Jimmy.
Share 49ersWebzone