Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 392 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JC_916:
Originally posted by Heed49er:
So just like they were with Garappollo.

Brock is Jimmy 2.0 but with some quick speed bursts.

Ridiculous statement.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I don't think we are watching the same player…no way in hell does Alex smith have a stronger arm than Purdy and I loved Alex.

I hated watching Alex play and he absolutely did. Brock has one of the weakest arms among any starter in the league. He is throwing balloons out there. He shows decent velocity on quick hitters over the middle. He is able to complete sideline passes using top tier anticipation.

I think it is easy to confuse ball velocity and arm strength...

Brock can have very good. ball velocity, but he has to drive the ball to get it.....Brock can rival many other QBs when it comes to workable ball velocity.....

When we get games like this, and the pocket is falling apart, and the coverage is really tight....you can see some of the limitations of Brock's arm. Dude needs a base, dude needs a pocket.

Alex probably has a stronger arm, if we are going to measure it as ball velocity on off balance throws....but it is not a remarkable difference in my opinion.....but this is a have or have not kind of thing....you can either push the ball well without a base or you can't. I remember Alex being able to do that....Brock looks his weakest when he is uncomfortable in the pocket.

When Brock has these multi pick games....it is same stuff every time...
Would like to see if he gets to veto and call his own plays after he gets 50 million a year...

I'd like to see somebody actually able to check Kyle for once when he does something absolutely stupid....
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Aiyuk is fine, it's Purdy's lack of arm strength that's the issue.

No doubt about it, Jimmy G had a much better arm then Purdy.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Its just like the Super Bowl all over again, 3rd and 3-4 yards and the offense can't convert cause of dropped ball, miscommunication, or blown line adjustments...... we then give the ball back to the Chiefs where defense that has been playing well to then say its our turn to drop the ball and let you drive down the field for a touchdown.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 20, 2024 at 9:05 PM ]
Jimmy ptsd and it's understandable but let's just take a deep breath and give our very young qb a little bit of respect. Jimmy was pure trash, happy feet with a lot of vacant space under the helmet. Brock needs a little more time to continue his development and he needs a better offensive scheme. Poor guy is out there slinging it with no protection and very tight coverage. Throw in dumb Bell and his challenges become apparent. Not a good day for sure But let's not get carried away with the Jimmy talk.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Max we would have got from that drive is 3. KS can't figure out what to do against teams who can play press man and send blitzes.
KS is failing Brock Purdy. Everyone thinks that KS is the reason Purdy has been good but it's really the other way around.

And now KS has no answer for how defenses are playing the 49ers and Purdy is having to play hero ball to save 50% of the plays because nobody is ever open.

KS supposedly lectured Purdy for 5 minutes after the game...the guy never wants to accept any blame on himself.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
KS is failing Brock Purdy. Everyone thinks that KS is the reason Purdy has been good but it's really the other way around.

And now KS has no answer for how defenses are playing the 49ers and Purdy is having to play hero ball to save 50% of the plays because nobody is ever open.

KS supposedly lectured Purdy for 5 minutes after the game...the guy never wants to accept any blame on himself.

where did you hear about the lecture. not doubting you, just curious

Brock should be sat down for a week vrs Dallas

It is time that the young man understood what a good old fashioned "benching" is.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

And somewhere else I read it was like a 5 minute convo.

[ Edited by Leathaface on Oct 20, 2024 at 9:26 PM ]

If the lecture was about his INTs it was warranted.

Originally posted by RonnieLott:

It is time that the young man understood what a good old fashioned "benching" is.

f**k no.
Originally posted by captveg:

f**k no.

The only team coming off of a more embarrassing loss than this is probably the Cowboys who s**t the bed on Jerry's birthday last week.

I don't anticipate us blowing them out. Going to be a close game. Cowboys and every team that we face moving forward would be smart to use the same defensive gameplan that Spags has been using.
Originally posted by captveg:

f**k no.

The only team coming off of a more embarrassing loss than this is probably the Cowboys who s**t the bed on Jerry's birthday last week.

I don't anticipate us blowing them out. Going to be a close game. Cowboys and every team that we face moving forward would be smart to use the same defensive gameplan that Spags has been using.

They can use the strategy, but gotta have the guys to execute it, too. Dallas defense is certainly not the Cheifs' D personnel wise.
Share 49ersWebzone