There are 262 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Purdy flutters his passes with no real strength.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Aiyuk is fine, it's Purdy's lack of arm strength that's the issue.

Max we would have got from that drive is 3. KS can't figure out what to do against teams who can play press man and send blitzes.

Problem is he built the team around Jimmy G. It's going to take time to transition to more of a pass blocking OL and route runners who can get open vs man coverage.

Blaming Purdy for any of that is absurd. He's doing the best he can with a flawed roster and egotistical coach who won't let his players improvise. Can't scheme your way to win against every team in every game.

Sometimes the players just have to make plays. Reid leaves room for that and encourages it. Kyle despises it.

Purdy literally locks onto his WRs often. He did it 3 times in 2 drives. He also lacks the arm strength to be a top NFL QB. Purdy is a good QB but his limitations are glaring. Yes you can win a SB with him but a lot of things need to go right.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Purdy can't throw a pass hard enough even when players are open.

WTF that's such a dumbass comment if I ever seen one from a 9ers fan.

Purdy shoulda had two TDS to Kittle and Cowing but both throws were too soft and slow.

Purdy has a "pop gun" arm at best.

"pOp gUn aRm!!" 🙄
I love Purdy. Biggest supporter. He's almost never the reason they lose. Usually it's shanahan.

This game and last year vs Baltimore are the only games where I thought Purdy really played poorly. Today more so because Baltimore they still moved the ball at will, they just made costly mistakes and turnovers.

So I'm not concerned with a bad game by a guy who's consistently so damn goood.

What I Am concerned with was the ball floating today. Much has been made about Purdy's arm but i've never found it to be less than adequate and, if anything, his arm strength was underrated and he looked like he actually had a stronger arm last season.

Today made me wonder if he has something wrong. He was throwing Shaun Hill footballs. I'm worried about that. He didn't look right at all.
There's a reason no one drafted him.
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:

He threw for more yards last year in a super bowl run than any qb in 49ers history. Stop this nonsense. He's unquestionably the best qb they've had since Young.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:

He threw for more yards last year in a super bowl run than any qb in 49ers history. Stop this nonsense. He's unquestionably the best qb they've had since Young.

We have the worst fanbase in the NFL, I swear.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
I love Purdy. Biggest supporter. He's almost never the reason they lose. Usually it's shanahan.

This game and last year vs Baltimore are the only games where I thought Purdy really played poorly. Today more so because Baltimore they still moved the ball at will, they just made costly mistakes and turnovers.

So I'm not concerned with a bad game by a guy who's consistently so damn goood.

What I Am concerned with was the ball floating today. Much has been made about Purdy's arm but i've never found it to be less than adequate and, if anything, his arm strength was underrated and he looked like he actually had a stronger arm last season.

Today made me wonder if he has something wrong. He was throwing Shaun Hill footballs. I'm worried about that. He didn't look right at all.

I think what we're seeing is Purdy is really good at breaking down zone coverages and fitting things into the gaps in zones. What he's not good at is deciding to rip it with accuracy to a WR in a man coverage look. Also, the 49ers WRs couldn't get ANY separation today so where is he supposed to go? Mahomes was patient and downed the balls when there was nowhere to go with it. Brock, on the other hand, tried to make hero plays and looked like a fool. I think this team needs a better plan for man coverage looks.

maybe the chiefs are just better?
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Oct 21, 2024 at 12:04 AM ]
Plays like the last pick when we play championship caliber defenses ....
Originally posted by bzborow1:
maybe the chiefs are just better?

"Maybe" is terribly generous. Of course they're better.

Why does he seem to be regressing? IMO the pass protection is the main culprit.

He is very accurate, but rarely has a clean pocket to get the ball into our not so wide open receivers. He needs to be able to step into his throws etc because he doesn't have that natural rocket to make up for a s**t pocket. He doesn't run when he probably should either.

I am also wondering if the Kyle haters may actually be right about his development of qb's. He did not look good yesterday.
I still cannot believe KS refuses to improve the RT or C position. What a complete idiot. I think Purdy is doing the best he can with a regressing O line.
Aiyuk is fine, it's Purdy's lack of arm strength that's the issue.

Bad drop by BA. You're showing a touch pass that doesn't require arm strength to make.

Not sure what the correlation is? Clearly you're trying to be condescending. That's a pretty poor example lol.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Why does he seem to be regressing? IMO the pass protection is the main culprit.

He is very accurate, but rarely has a clean pocket to get the ball into our not so wide open receivers. He needs to be able to step into his throws etc because he doesn't have that natural rocket to make up for a s**t pocket. He doesn't run when he probably should either.

I am also wondering if the Kyle haters may actually be right about his development of qb's. He did not look good yesterday.

Pass pro isn't pristine. No doubt about it. Center is a massive liability.

there's plenty of really good QBs that don't have elite end pass pro across the line though.

He's accurate. I wouldn't say he's "very" accurate.

look I love Brock he's a darn good QB, but if the only way he's gonna win these types of games is based around having to have elite OL and WRs that get open all day…why should they be paying him $60M per?
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I still cannot believe KS refuses to improve the RT or C position. What a complete idiot. I think Purdy is doing the best he can with a regressing O line.

Brock under threw two would have been TDs. He had a bunch of brain fart bad passes/reads and killer INTs.

the OL isn't great, ya'll are acting like every other QB in the league has some amazing OL though?

Not every bad offensive play is on the OL or should be the excuse for every bad QB play.
Share 49ersWebzone