Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 371 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Why does he seem to be regressing? IMO the pass protection is the main culprit.

He is very accurate, but rarely has a clean pocket to get the ball into our not so wide open receivers. He needs to be able to step into his throws etc because he doesn't have that natural rocket to make up for a s**t pocket. He doesn't run when he probably should either.

I am also wondering if the Kyle haters may actually be right about his development of qb's. He did not look good yesterday.

Pass pro isn't pristine. No doubt about it. Center is a massive liability.

there's plenty of really good QBs that don't have elite end pass pro across the line though.

He's accurate. I wouldn't say he's "very" accurate.

look I love Brock he's a darn good QB, but if the only way he's gonna win these types of games is based around having to have elite OL and WRs that get open all day…why should they be paying him $60M per?

ELITE?! How about just a mid oline for starters. Brendel and McK are just about the worst at their positions. Puni is a rookie and Trent is aging horribly.

he cooked the rams with his WR3 and Ronnie bell. Get outta here with needing the elite s**t.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
ELITE?! How about just a mid oline for starters. Brendel and McK are just about the worst at their positions. Puni is a rookie and Trent is aging horribly.

he cooked the rams with his WR3 and Ronnie bell. Get outta here with needing the elite s**t.

McK has actually played better than both of the KC OTs this yr. Numbers and film across the board back it up. he's not great, he isn't s**t either. You're just being emotional over it, I get it

You clearly don't watch other teams and how incredibly bad the OL play is around the league.

Center is a problem, nothing to debate there. Brendel is dog s**t and one of the worst starting centers in football.

Trent is the 2nd highest graded OT in football right now. Our OGs are absolutely serviceable (both inside the top 18 currently).

The Rams have one of the worst pass D's in football. KC is the opposite of a "bad" defense. Acting like we had a bunch of pro-bowl play makers out there yesterday is straight up lying.

you want to beat the best, your best player at the most important position NEEDS to not throw 3 INTs, have multiple under thrown would be TDs, make better reads and not have a bunch of tipped passes. It was a cluster f**k from top to bottom yesterday. You'd expect the guy that's gonna get $250M to make some damn plays, right?
Originally posted by socalfan21:

McK has actually played better than both of the KC OTs this yr. Numbers and film across the board back it up. he's not great, he isn't s**t either. You're just being emotional over it, I get it

You clearly don't watch other teams and how incredibly bad the OL play is around the league.

Center is a problem, nothing to debate there. Brendel is dog s**t and one of the worst starting centers in football.

Trent is the 2nd highest graded OT in football right now. Our OGs are absolutely serviceable (both inside the top 18 currently).

The Rams have one of the worst pass D's in football. KC is the opposite of a "bad" defense. Acting like we had a bunch of pro-bowl play makers out there yesterday is straight up lying.

you want to beat the best, your best player at the most important position NEEDS to not throw 3 INTs, have multiple under thrown would be TDs, make better reads and not have a bunch of tipped passes. It was a cluster f**k from top to bottom yesterday. You'd expect the guy that's gonna get $250M to make some damn plays, right?

They were not prepared at all. Best play they had was the stop in the beginning for KC's fake punt. I think everyone knew that was coming..
Oline was porous, Purdy's passes were terrible, Deebo out, Ayuk dropping passes in his hands, and the best receiver was a guy that was shot in the chest. Letting Mahomes skip by with a simple eye-fake. Oh, and need I mention the total whiff on the onside kick? Typical though, even with all of the miscues, they were actually in the game up to the very last few minutes where the wheels just totally fell off.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
They were not prepared at all. Best play they had was the stop in the beginning for KC's fake punt. I think everyone knew that was coming..
Oline was porous, Purdy's passes were terrible, Deebo out, Ayuk dropping passes in his hands, and the best receiver was a guy that was shot in the chest. Letting Mahomes skip by with a simple eye-fake. Oh, and need I mention the total whiff on the onside kick? Typical though, even with all of the miscues, they were actually in the game up to the very last few minutes where the wheels just totally fell off.

The wheels were never on to begin with. Once those turnovers started happening and SF couldn't run the ball, that s**t was over.

we need a bye week in the worst way.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 21, 2024 at 6:00 AM ]
Originally posted by JimA49ers:

The wheels were never on to begin with. Once those turnovers started happening and SF couldn't run the ball, that s**t was over.

we need a bye week in the worst way.

are you criticizing Kyle!?
We all already know the problem. The OL and injuries are issues but #1 is always going to be CMC. We saw with a small sample obviously but Jimmy G was putting up comparable numbers to Brock with CMC on the field. Brock played even better with him but when you don't have him things aren't going to go smoothy (see red zone offense). I guess the silver lining is Brock is good enough to win a title as we have seen... Bad news is without the right pieces its going to be like it is now. Maybe he is just another 49ers system QB, but if we are a 10+ win team does it matter? I would be nervous to give him 60M but with the middle ground QB salary seemingly gone. They will probably have to pay it.
Top niner qbs
1. montana
2. young
3. Garcia
4. smith
5. kap

27. dog shtick purdy
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Top niner qbs
1. montana
2. young
3. Garcia
4. smith
5. kap

27. dog shtick purdy

I think I would have Brodie up in that top 5 tbh.
Originally posted by Jcool:
We all already know the problem. The OL and injuries are issues but #1 is always going to be CMC. We saw with a small sample obviously but Jimmy G was putting up comparable numbers to Brock with CMC on the field. Brock played even better with him but when you don't have him things aren't going to go smoothy (see red zone offense). I guess the silver lining is Brock is good enough to win a title as we have seen... Bad news is without the right pieces its going to be like it is now. Maybe he is just another 49ers system QB, but if we are a 10+ win team does it matter? I would be nervous to give him 60M but with the middle ground QB salary seemingly gone. They will probably have to pay it.

The thing is we don't need to pay him next year right? It's his first eligible year. Why does every team rush to pay as soon as they can.

Give him a Rolex for XMAS and tell him we will get back to you. Prove yourself further before that lottery win.

But real question. We don't need to pay next year right? It would just be a bad look but so what.The league rushes to pay everyone. Now look at Brandon. The whole process is messed up.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Oct 21, 2024 at 6:35 AM ]
Top niner qbs
1. montana
2. young
3. Garcia
4. smith
5. kap

27. dog shtick purdy

That's fair but imo he is on Shaun hill level

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Jcool:

The thing is we don't need to pay him next year right? It's his first eligible year. Why does every team rush to pay as soon as they can.

Give him a Rolex for XMAS and tell him we will get back to you. Prove yourself further before that lottery win.

But real question. We don't need to pay next year right? It would just be a bad look but so what.The league rushes to pay everyone. Now look at Brandon. The whole process is messed up.

They technically don't have to but another holdout/in could be the fallout as well.
Top niner qbs
1. montana
2. young
3. Garcia
4. smith
5. kap

27. dog shtick purdy

Before our time's for sure, but he was a baller based on what you read and hear.

I still have high hopes for Brock, but it's not trending will today.
Top niner qbs
1. montana
2. young
3. Garcia
4. smith
5. kap

27. dog shtick purdy

Before our time's for sure, but he was a baller based on what you read and hear.

I still have high hopes for Brock, but it's not trending will today.

He just shrinks in the big games
My man said Shaun Hill level that's pretty harsh.
Brock played like s**t. No doubt. But he certainly didn't have an easy day out there… most qbs would have crumbled in that situation.

bad scheme, bad roster, and a HC that will not stop calling pass plays on obvious f**king running downs are more to blame for Brock's bad day than Brock is. The second pick… you sure you want to call that pass play to an unproven receiver with no chemistry with the qb? The third pick… you sure you want to call a pass play there when you know you've got a struggling qb and guaranteed points on the board?

bad passes for sure. But the first thought that went through my head (as I'm sure it did yours) was "why the f**k did you call THAT play?!?"

it honestly looked like Kyle was either a) trying to prove to the world that Brock could pull it out or b) creating an easy scapegoat in Brock for the borked plays.
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Oct 21, 2024 at 6:45 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone