Report: 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered torn ACL and MCL, possibly other damage →

There are 312 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Top niner qbs
1. montana
2. young
3. Garcia
4. smith
5. kap

27. dog shtick purdy

I think I would have Brodie up in that top 5 tbh.

That's fair but imo he is on Shaun hill level

Before our time's for sure, but he was a baller based on what you read and hear.

I still have high hopes for Brock, but it's not trending will today.

He just shrinks in the big games

TBH I am seeing that as a trait from his coach. Over thinking it all instead of just playing football. So for all the flak 9moon gets maybe he is right lol
Originally posted by 9erson3:
The thing is we don't need to pay him next year right? It's his first eligible year. Why does every team rush to pay as soon as they can.

Give him a Rolex for XMAS and tell him we will get back to you. Prove yourself further before that lottery win.

But real question. We don't need to pay next year right? It would just be a bad look but so what.The league rushes to pay everyone. Now look at Brandon. The whole process is messed up.

I guess they dont HAVE to pay him next year but they really dont have any fall back option at QB. Dealing with a hold out or moving on from Brock would almost certainly cost Shanahan and Lynch there jobs. Turns out the smart thing was the give Sam Darnold money to be the back up but who knew.
He's not getting top 5 money nor should he be demanding it. But waiting to sign him is the exact f**k up this FO has repeated over and over. Trent will be off the books within 2 years and Deebo is probably gone in the same timeframe
TBH I am seeing that as a trait from his coach. Over thinking it all instead of just playing football. So for all the flak 9moon gets maybe he is right lol

Shanahan def shrinks in big moments
Top niner qbs
1. montana
2. young
3. Garcia
4. smith
5. kap

27. dog shtick purdy

I think I would have Brodie up in that top 5 tbh.

That's fair but imo he is on Shaun hill level

The only thing he has in common with Hill is his arm strength. Everything thing else he's substantially better at.
Purdy is more on the level of Steve Young. He can make plays with his legs, and will be a very good conductor of a well functioning offense, but when things start to break down, he's not going to carry the team on his own, in the way a super-elite QB can.

And for years I wished we just had a Steve Young level QB. So I"m not going to crap on Purdy.

A lot else needs to be fixed with this team.

And I know some will say "But Steve won a super bowl" yeah he did, when he was surrounded by all pros on offense and defense.

The 49ers would have won the super bowl last year with a Deion Sanders in his prime.
[ Edited by IrishCrnjo on Oct 21, 2024 at 7:40 AM ]
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Sure Brock had some bad throws yesterday, but these WR's need to get some seperation.
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
Purdy is more on the level of Steve Young. He can make plays with his legs, and will be a very good conductor of a well functioning offense, but when things start to break down, he's not going to carry the team on his own, in the way a super-elite QB can.

And for years I wished we just had a Steve Young level QB. So I"m not going to crap on Purdy.

And I know some will say "But Steve won a super bowl" yeah he did, when he was surrounded by all pros on offense and defense.

The 49ers would have won the super bowl last year with a Deion Sanders in his prime.

Steve Young is a HOF QB. Brock isnt near his level. He has a LONG way to go for that.
Let's also not forget that Brock is working with a cast of minimum wage players right now. With the exception of Trent Williams and George Kittle, their OL is comprised of cheap players, we were playing with 4th and 5th string WRs, an undrafted Jordon Mason with a gimpy shoulder....
[ Edited by IrishCrnjo on Oct 21, 2024 at 7:44 AM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

lol no he's not. Steve was a HOF quarterback who, after the 1994 season, was surrounded with minimal talent (except an aging Jerry Rice) and expected to bring home trophies. He still took the team into the playoffs every year except one.

Brock has the most talented roster around him in the league. For three years straight now. It seems like the rumors are beginning to be right. He needs all the pieces, all the probowlers to be clicking on all cylinders then he looks unstoppable. Take away a CMC or a Deebo or a Trent Williams in any given game and he becomes pedestrian. (See vs Cleveland, vs Minnesota, vs KC, etc). Can't keep saying that coordinator X has his number. He struggles when the stars aren't aligned unfortunately.

I think there is some truth to "Brock only plays well because he was surrounded by a LOT of talent" comments. He is still learning and hopefully will get better, but hoping they can sign him for 40M per season. If the 49ers sign him to a 60M per year contract then they deserve the painful years that will follow for being so dumb. Brock is NOT worth 60M per year. We should draft a QB as plan B, an O-Line, and then the rest of the draft needs to be on defence.
when you constantly draft busts eventually this old core falls off.
Let's also not forget that Brock is working with a cast of minimum wage players right now. With the exception of Trent Williams and George Kittle, their OL is comprised of cheap players, we were playing with 4th and 5th string WRs, an undrafted Jordon Mason with a gimpy shoulder....

That's not really an excuse for yesterdays performance Tbh. Poor decision making and under throwing wide open receivers was all on Brock.
I won't start ripping Brock based on this game. He played poorly but I saw Montanan have bad games during his prime and bounce back the next week. On top of it, Brock was without all his best weapons. Brock is good with hus weapons and knows where to go with the ball but when he has to go off script his production really drops off. Mahomes had a terrible day too but he found ways to make plays with his legs and some crazy flip passes.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bud49:
Sure Brock had some bad throws yesterday, but these WR's need to get some seperation.

Couple of those INT's were directly at Cheifs players Ala Jimmy G style. Could have had a 4th too.
Share 49ersWebzone