Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 425 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
Purdy is more on the level of Steve Young. He can make plays with his legs, and will be a very good conductor of a well functioning offense, but when things start to break down, he's not going to carry the team on his own, in the way a super-elite QB can.

And for years I wished we just had a Steve Young level QB. So I"m not going to crap on Purdy.

A lot else needs to be fixed with this team.

And I know some will say "But Steve won a super bowl" yeah he did, when he was surrounded by all pros on offense and defense.

The 49ers would have won the super bowl last year with a Deion Sanders in his prime.

lol no he's not. Steve was a HOF quarterback who, after the 1994 season, was surrounded with minimal talent (except an aging Jerry Rice) and expected to bring home trophies. He still took the team into the playoffs every year except one.

Brock has the most talented roster around him in the league. For three years straight now. It seems like the rumors are beginning to be right. He needs all the pieces, all the probowlers to be clicking on all cylinders then he looks unstoppable. Take away a CMC or a Deebo or a Trent Williams in any given game and he becomes pedestrian. (See vs Cleveland, vs Minnesota, vs KC, etc). Can't keep saying that coordinator X has his number. He struggles when the stars aren't aligned unfortunately.

Steve had plenty of talent post 1994.
  • Yeti
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Top niner qbs
1. montana
2. young
3. Garcia
4. smith
5. kap

27. dog shtick purdy

No way Kap is a top 5 49er qb. He has like two good games vs the packers. The rest was dog s**t
I think he needs more of those "5 int" practice days until it slows down more for him. He still hasn't acclimated when s**t hits the fan on game day.
Originally posted by Yeti:
Top niner qbs
1. montana
2. young
3. Garcia
4. smith
5. kap

27. dog shtick purdy

No way Kap is a top 5 49er qb. He has like two good games vs the packers. The rest was dog s**t

smith doesn't make that list either lol. ppl forget the older days. brodie no respect here.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Top niner qbs
1. montana
2. young
3. Garcia
4. smith
5. kap

27. dog shtick purdy

smith doesn't make that list either lol. ppl forget the older days. brodie no respect here.

Smith only had One good year here after taking nearly a decade to develop for a former #1 overall pick that lost his job to a QB that honestly struggled to pass the ball.
  • thl408
What a coincidence that the top 3 WRs are out, which will will lower Brock's productivity in a contract year, so that they sign him for less money. As opposed to Bosa, Warner, Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk, all having career best seasons just in time for their contract negotiations. This is genius.
Interceptions are going to happen. Certainly helps when receivers run the routes to the location where they are supposed to.
Top niner qbs
1. montana
2. young
3. Garcia
4. smith
5. kap

27. dog shtick purdy

Smith, Kaepernick and Garcia over John Brodie? I don't think so. Brock's story hasn't been written yet. We'll see where he lands when he's done.
Purdy is already better than Smith and Kap. I think a Garcia-level career is a reasonable expectation based off his performance so far.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Top niner qbs
1. montana
2. young
3. Garcia
4. smith
5. kap

27. dog shtick purdy

Smith, Kaepernick and Garcia over John Brodie? I don't think so. Brock's story hasn't been written yet. We'll see where he lands when he's done.

Y.A. Tittle should be up there, too.

Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Interceptions are going to happen. Certainly helps when receivers run the routes to the location where they are supposed to.

Yeah that second INT was on Brock. Both Kyle and him said that.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

all were on brock
Like this play, what the F is going on here?

its 1st and 10 and the defense played it well. Get off the read and make something happen or kill it.

Don't throw it into double coverage.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

all were on brock

The second and third Ints we're In particular poor from Brock.
Like this play, what the F is going on here?

its 1st and 10 and the defense played it well. Get off the read and make something happen or kill it.

Don't throw it into double coverage.

notice #1 just jogging. that stuff irritates me. what a pos route. how does he put that on film. i realize he didn't have it yesterday, but we have seen stuff like this before.
Share 49ersWebzone