There are 256 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
so what kind of contract does purdy get now, mid-tier money?
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

they all get big money. it's based on most recent. now maybe his draft status impacts his deal. not sure how much he would get from the league at large. kinda unprecedented to be this late drafted. kurt warner comes to mind, but he won a SB and SB MVP and NFL MVP.

He'll still get paid big money Imo
I know Brock is throwing deeper this year because the shorter passes across the middle aren't there. The problem is that he doesn't have the rifle arm to squeeze the ball into tight coverage on deep throws. His arm is good enough on short and intermediate throws but on anything over 30 yards he has to put too much air under it and DBs have time to recover. There are only a few QBs in the league that can consistently throw deep into tight coverage. Unfortunately Brock isn't one of them. He does so much else well that I hate to see him ruin his games by trying to do too much..
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I won't start ripping Brock based on this game. He played poorly but I saw Montanan have bad games during his prime and bounce back the next week. On top of it, Brock was without all his best weapons. Brock is good with hus weapons and knows where to go with the ball but when he has to go off script his production really drops off. Mahomes had a terrible day too but he found ways to make plays with his legs and some crazy flip passes.

well 3 interception games are memorable

probably why we remember Joe doing it....

in hindsight Joe only had two 3 or more interception games....

seems like Purdy has already matched this stat....
Originally posted by Sickaa:

yup. what a gift a QB1 on 900k. that should have been a cheat code for a champ.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

As he should. He's a much better QB than Dak Prescott and he still got paid.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

i don't know about that. ppl clown on Dak, but Dak's not giving up 47 pts. that's the D. Dak has no run game either. he's just pretty darn good imo.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

i don't know about that. ppl clown on Dak, but Dak's not giving up 47 pts. that's the D. Dak has no run game either. he's just pretty darn good imo.

Yeah, it's unfortunate for Dak that he plays for the Cowboys.

Yeah, it's unfortunate for Dak that he plays for the Cowboys.

that's the only part of DAL that gives them a chance. the HC is no good anymore. I think they are down their edge rushers. they have no run game. Dak, Lamb and Ferguson are the whole team.

that's the only part of DAL that gives them a chance. the HC is no good anymore. I think they are down their edge rushers. they have no run game. Dak, Lamb and Ferguson are the whole team.

If I hadn't seen the niners lose to a skeleton crew Rams team I would be very confident going into the dallas game.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
If I hadn't seen the niners lose to a skeleton crew Rams team I would be very confident going into the dallas game.

i'm very confident. Dallas can't stop our run. if Kyle can just run downhill all day it's an easy game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yah he also didn't score in that loss either. Seriously you don't see that Purdy is the better QB, unf**kinbelievable. You act like Dak hasn't had a good defense by his side also and you could clearly see they don't emphasize the running game as much as we do. Who's fault is that? But Dak also has one of if not thee best kicker in the NFL not to mention a better overall ST's which we all know how important that is. In the end, plain and simple, Purdy is much more clutch than Dak is, how do you get two two NFCC's and one Super Bowl appearance if he weren't?
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

i'm very confident. Dallas can't stop our run. if Kyle can just run downhill all day it's an easy game.

Lol I remember when the Rams and Cards were easy games and the easy part of our schedule

I think it all depends on Kyle. If kyle retains his role of king and if kyle loses faith in purdy, which might be a thing if you take into account his dress down of purdy IN FRONT OF EVERYONE, INCLUDING THE MEDIA, id bet anything that purdy doesn't get anywhere near a max contract.

If kyle loses his golden boy status purdy is gonna get PAID.

Kyle had every right to lecture Brock, but the way he did it was bush league. Its like a pissing contest for kyle. Thats why he did it in front of the media. IMO, that was uncalled for. Have your moment in the locker room away from prying eyes man, cmon......
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Oct 21, 2024 at 9:52 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone