There are 257 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Yah he also didn't score in that loss either. Seriously you don't see that Purdy is the better QB, unf**kinbelievable. You act like Dak hasn't had a good defense by his side also and you could clearly see they don't emphasize the running game as much as we do. Who's fault is that? But Dak also has one of if not thee best kicker in the NFL not to mention a better overall ST's which we all know how important that is. In the end, plain and simple, Purdy is much more clutch than Dak is, how do you get two two NFCC's and one Super Bowl appearance if he weren't?

your statement is Brock is much better. that's just not reality. i mean if you believe that, then he should get a much bigger payday than Dak, right?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Yah he also didn't score in that loss either. Seriously you don't see that Purdy is the better QB, unf**kinbelievable. You act like Dak hasn't had a good defense by his side also and you could clearly see they don't emphasize the running game as much as we do. Who's fault is that? But Dak also has one of if not thee best kicker in the NFL not to mention a better overall ST's which we all know how important that is. In the end, plain and simple, Purdy is much more clutch than Dak is, how do you get two two NFCC's and one Super Bowl appearance if he weren't?

your statement is Brock is much better. that's just not reality. i mean if you believe that, then he should get a much bigger payday than Dak, right?

He probably will get a bigger contract then Dak.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
so what kind of contract does purdy get now, mid-tier money?

I think it all depends on Kyle. If kyle retains his role of king and if kyle loses faith in purdy, id bet anything that purdy doesn't get anywhere near a max contract.

If kyle loses his golden boy status purdy is gonna get PAID.

Draft status could impact the decision. No time for hurt feelings. If we are drafting in top 10 or lower there maybe a QB to look at. It is way too early but I don't think the pay him or not decision is so cut and dry. If we were drafting at the bottom tier of draft as in past couple of years probably pay him. If not the entire picture needs a look over. Again, no time for hurt feeling in regards to Purdy. It's worth a look and not just doing a signing because its Brock. We should also not have draft fears because of Lance either. That chapter closed.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Oct 21, 2024 at 9:55 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Btw, Brock will most likely get a bigger contract than Dak.

But I mean if you don't believe how is Dak better? Hope you're not gonna tell me it's because he beat KC before!!!
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
that's the only part of DAL that gives them a chance. the HC is no good anymore. I think they are down their edge rushers. they have no run game. Dak, Lamb and Ferguson are the whole team.

If I hadn't seen the niners lose to a skeleton crew Rams team I would be very confident going into the dallas game.
lol, in exactly that game we had no offensive skill players, yet Purdy was almost perfect.

But I mean if you don't believe how is Dak better? Hope you're not gonna tell me it's because he beat KC before!!!

you ain't looking at this right. QBs don't beat anyone. it's team football. i'm not arguing for Dak. i just don't agree with your statement that Brock is far superior. they were both in the MVP convo last year. but in fairness, Brock wasn't the mvp of his own backfield imo. CMC was.

you ain't looking at this right. QBs don't beat anyone. it's team football. i'm not arguing for Dak. i just don't agree with your statement that Brock is far superior. they were both in the MVP convo last year. but in fairness, Brock wasn't the mvp of his own backfield imo. CMC was.

I guess we get a better idea after this coming Sunday. Then we can discuss Dak and Brock. Tick Tock
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Oct 21, 2024 at 10:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Interceptions are going to happen. Certainly helps when receivers run the routes to the location where they are supposed to.

Yeah that second INT was on Brock. Both Kyle and him said that.

all were on brock

The second and third Ints we're In particular poor from Brock.
I still think that the second one was on Bell (i know what Shanahan said). the third one was partly due to a defender hitting his arm
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Who said Brock is far superior I said much better and that Brock is much more clutch and will guide his team much farther into the playoffs than Dak. Superior is like saying, Brock is a definite top 3 QB in the league and in reality he just isn't.
As he should. He's a much better QB than Dak Prescott and he still got paid.

i don't know about that. ppl clown on Dak, but Dak's not giving up 47 pts. that's the D. Dak has no run game either. he's just pretty darn good imo.

I think Dak is a better QB than people give him credit for. I'm not gonna say Brock is much better at this point. TBD

Who said Brock is far superior I said much better and that Brock is much more clutch and will guide his team much farther into the playoffs than Dak. Superior is like saying, Brock is a definite top 3 QB in the league and in reality he just isn't.

much better is kinda the same as far superior, this is semantics. he isn't much better. last year i think brock was 4th or 5th in mvp. Dak was 2nd.
Lol ppl are now wondering if Dak is a better qb? Lol. Is this real life? Haha

I think it was ok that Kyle called out the offense in front of the media..what's the big deal in that? I mean, we pretty much had no offense. Injured but still had some opportunities to make plays and just didn't. He is probably also butthurt cause he can't win against Reid lol. But no big deal that he called them out.
Originally posted by communist:
I still think that the second one was on Bell (i know what Shanahan said). the third one was partly due to a defender hitting his arm

Agree with this.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by communist:

Agree with this.

all 3 were on brock. he's QB. ball is in his hands. now if you want INTs that aren't on the QB, that's Mahomes. ball tipped at the los and picked, bit of a freak play. then his WR falls down.
Three picks are still three picks. Yesterday, he wasn't great, but he scored twice on the ground. In the end, I still think he is the guy. All of this reminds me of Steve Young and his struggles against the Cowboys. The kid will get there, but it will likely be with a different cast of characters.
Share 49ersWebzone