LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 281 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Agree with this.

Yeah, I still think it was on Bell also, I would have to re-watch but initially this was my observation also, I think even Brady mentioned that he looked off on his route? IIRC.
Brock had a terrible game. It was probably his worst as a Niner. Brock is still a good QB. A very good QB. I don't think he a great QB. Certainly not elite. The difference between good and great isn't necessarily huge but it's enough to make the difference in close games.

The thing is Purdy is the best QB we've had under Shanahan. The Niners aren't likely to get a chance to draft a great QB unless they finish under .500 for 2 or 3 years straight. Purdy is probably as good as this team will see until they fall on hard times.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Btw, Brock will most likely get a bigger contract than Dak.

But I mean if you don't believe how is Dak better? Hope you're not gonna tell me it's because he beat KC before!!!

you ain't looking at this right. QBs don't beat anyone. it's team football. i'm not arguing for Dak. i just don't agree with your statement that Brock is far superior. they were both in the MVP convo last year. but in fairness, Brock wasn't the mvp of his own backfield imo. CMC was.

It's true. I think both are good QBs, one plays on a much better team with better coaching overall.

Dak shouldn't be making the money he does. Brock shouldn't be making the cash he's going get either.

IMO Brock's deal will be similar to what Tua got, but who knows….when one guy is taking up that much cap space, I expect him to elevate the roster. I expect him to not make stupid INTs at awful moments vs a team that we can't shake.

I'm not here to bash Brock, he's a good young QB in the league. He's got limitations that we as fans need to understand. It's not his fault. He makes up for it with processing and anticipation….and last game that stuff wasn't there. His room for error isn't the same as a Mahomes or Josh Allen.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Three picks are still three picks. Yesterday, he wasn't great, but he scored twice on the ground. In the end, I still think he is the guy. All of this reminds me of Steve Young and his struggles against the Cowboys. The kid will get there, but it will likely be with a different cast of characters.

He absolutely wasnt great. He was bad. Even the long completions were underthrown and took points off the board. I just refuse to believe he could have missed Bell as badly as he did simply because of inaccuracy.
He absolutely wasnt great. He was bad. Even the long completions were underthrown and took points off the board. I just refuse to believe he could have missed Bell as badly as he did simply because of inaccuracy.

i see ppl saying this, i don't get it. like he incapable of throwing an inaccurate ball one time. it happens.
Three picks are still three picks. Yesterday, he wasn't great, but he scored twice on the ground. In the end, I still think he is the guy. All of this reminds me of Steve Young and his struggles against the Cowboys. The kid will get there, but it will likely be with a different cast of characters.

It might be the only consolation prize that we are seeing him without weapons and also probably good for him to play in these situations for his own growth. I love the guy but this roster is and will change over the next two years. How will Brock respond.

I would love for him to be the guy for the next decade plus but I also am concerned that we might not be seeing the full picture. I don't think that makes us flip flopping or what not. But I would love to see him without all rosey glasses.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Btw, Brock will most likely get a bigger contract than Dak.

But I mean if you don't believe how is Dak better? Hope you're not gonna tell me it's because he beat KC before!!!

you ain't looking at this right. QBs don't beat anyone. it's team football. i'm not arguing for Dak. i just don't agree with your statement that Brock is far superior. they were both in the MVP convo last year. but in fairness, Brock wasn't the mvp of his own backfield imo. CMC was.

It's true. I think both are good QBs, one plays on a much better team with better coaching overall.

Dak shouldn't be making the money he does. Brock shouldn't be making the cash he's going get either.

IMO Brock's deal will be similar to what Tua got, but who knows….when one guy is taking up that much cap space, I expect him to elevate the roster. I expect him to not make stupid INTs at awful moments vs a team that we can't shake.

I'm not here to bash Brock, he's a good young QB in the league. He's got limitations that we as fans need to understand. It's not his fault. He makes up for it with processing and anticipation….and last game that stuff wasn't there. His room for error isn't the same as a Mahomes or Josh Allen.

This was true in the past but simply isnt anymore. All starting QBs get paid these days. Not all starting QBs elevate their rosters.

i see ppl saying this, i don't get it. like he incapable of throwing an inaccurate ball one time. it happens.

He wasn't inaccurate with the second INT. He threw it where he thought Bell was going to go on his route. Bell went a different way. Purdy explained this in his press interview. It was a communication issue. It happens at times when you have two guys trying to get in sync when they have less reps together than other guys.
Originally posted by captveg:
He wasn't inaccurate with the second INT. He threw it where he thought Bell was going to go on his route. Bell went a different way. Purdy explained this in his press interview. It was a communication issue. It happens at times when you have two guys trying to get in sync when they have less reps together than other guys.

i thought coach said Bell executed his assignment on that play. i haven't looked into it but i heard that on here i think

Agree. Cowboys were a thorn in our side much like the Chiefs. He will get there. Having no Deebo, BA or Jennings is going to affect the game. I feel like people aren't looking at that part at much as they should be and are just being coach potato critics.

Originally posted by Montana:
Agree with this.

Yeah, I still think it was on Bell also, I would have to re-watch but initially this was my observation also, I think even Brady mentioned that he looked off on his route? IIRC.

Why would Kyle say It was on Brock If It was Bell's fault? I think we can chalk this one down to a poor performance from Brock and everyone Involved.
Does anyone else think he should be using his legs more?
Don't lose sight of the fact that Brock is only 24 years old (25 in December). 2nd full season starting in the NFL. Rough game yesterday but prior to playing the Chiefs, he has really been playing lights out.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by captveg:

i thought coach said Bell executed his assignment on that play. i haven't looked into it but i heard that on here i think

I think it's a situation where the HC and QB are backing up the WR. Brock throws with accuracy and anticipation, it looks as like the WR ran the wrong route because the ball came later and Bell already made his cut to the sideline. QB's call the routes for the WR in the huddle, how is Brock gonna make the wrong throw that's unlike him?
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Does anyone else think he should be using his legs more?

I think he needs to learn to throw the ball away when there's nothing there to be had IMO
Share 49ersWebzone