LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 198 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Don't lose sight of the fact that Brock is only 24 years old (25 in December). 2nd full season starting in the NFL. Rough game yesterday but prior to playing the Chiefs, he has really been playing lights out.

i'm not sure he's been playing lights out. i see ball from Goff, Darnold, Baker and Love that's as good or better. J Daniels also doing very good. Brock is doing fine but having some clunkers. maybe he's pressing with this contract situation.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Why would Kyle say It was on Brock If It was Bell's fault? I think we can chalk this one down to a poor performance from Brock and everyone Involved.

It was a miscommunication, may be both their faults. But yeah, agree with SWH. Now, Elway could throw an inaccurate ball like that;). Lol. But Bell looked off to me. Not saying I know better than Kyle cause I totally don't haha
[ Edited by Montana on Oct 21, 2024 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by Montana:
It was a miscommunication, may be both their faults. But yeah, agree with SWH. Now, Elway could throw an inaccurate ball like that;). Lol. But Bell looked off to me. Not saying I know better than Kyle cause I totally don't haha

reality is you just side with brock no matter what, would you agree on that?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by captveg:
He wasn't inaccurate with the second INT. He threw it where he thought Bell was going to go on his route. Bell went a different way. Purdy explained this in his press interview. It was a communication issue. It happens at times when you have two guys trying to get in sync when they have less reps together than other guys.

i thought coach said Bell executed his assignment on that play. i haven't looked into it but i heard that on here i think

I think it's a situation where the HC and QB are backing up the WR. Brock throws with accuracy and anticipation, it looks as like the WR ran the wrong route because the ball came later and Bell already made his cut to the sideline. QB's call the routes for the WR in the huddle, how is Brock gonna make the wrong throw that's unlike him?

Did you watch the game? He was missing all game. He was pretty bad.
Originally posted by Jcool:

the early pick had him out of sorts. in fairness to him, i think if you throw on all 22, lot of dropbacks with no one open. KC is pretty hands on. and late game he was playing with a preseason crew of 2 rooks and Conley.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
It might be the only consolation prize that we are seeing him without weapons and also probably good for him to play in these situations for his own growth. I love the guy but this roster is and will change over the next two years. How will Brock respond.

I would love for him to be the guy for the next decade plus but I also am concerned that we might not be seeing the full picture. I don't think that makes us flip flopping or what not. But I would love to see him without all rosey glasses.

In the past 5 years, I think Joe Burrow might be the only QB that has come into the league that has had more sustained success than Brock. Maybe Herbert too. Yet, plenty of other QBs aside from those two have already gotten extensions and commitments from their teams. Trevor Lawrence got a $275M extension and has been markedly worse than Brock.

Every QB has bad games/stretches, but what I have seen from Brock makes me more than comfortable paying him. He has what it takes between the ears. He might not have the rifle arm, but he is plenty good enough to lead this team.

the early pick had him out of sorts. in fairness to him, i think if you throw on all 22, lot of dropbacks with no one open. KC is pretty hands on. and late game he was playing with a preseason crew of 2 rooks and Conley.

It was a bad day. I doubt the All 22 saves him. If anything it will hurt him more. I saw a few underneath throws he passed up for a deeper pass.
[ Edited by Jcool on Oct 21, 2024 at 10:52 AM ]
Did I see Brock throw a ball right off the back of Puni's head?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
This was true in the past but simply isnt anymore. All starting QBs get paid these days. Not all starting QBs elevate their rosters.

And those teams forced to pay that type of cash to a QB that doesn't elevate their rosters, don't win Super Bowls most of the time.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yep.. That was one of a number of awful moments.

yeah i saw that yesterday. we may be in trouble. i mean in today's NFL you need a true elite QB. he's not showing it this year. he's got more games ahead but he needs to get his rear in gear, big time. it's not about piling up yds. it's about avoiding the dumb plays and turnovers. play some clean football.
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Does anyone else think he should be using his legs more?

He absolutely should have yesterday….just like Mahomes did.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by captveg:
He wasn't inaccurate with the second INT. He threw it where he thought Bell was going to go on his route. Bell went a different way. Purdy explained this in his press interview. It was a communication issue. It happens at times when you have two guys trying to get in sync when they have less reps together than other guys.

i thought coach said Bell executed his assignment on that play. i haven't looked into it but i heard that on here i think

I think it's a situation where the HC and QB are backing up the WR. Brock throws with accuracy and anticipation, it looks as like the WR ran the wrong route because the ball came later and Bell already made his cut to the sideline. QB's call the routes for the WR in the huddle, how is Brock gonna make the wrong throw that's unlike him?

Yah he was missing throws and threw one right to Puni's head, but when's had time he rarely misses like that.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Oct 21, 2024 at 10:57 AM ]
This was true in the past but simply isnt anymore. All starting QBs get paid these days. Not all starting QBs elevate their rosters.

And those teams forced to pay that type of cash to a QB that doesn't elevate their rosters, don't win Super Bowls most of the time.

The alternative would be all but 3 or 4 teams dumping their starting QBs every time that its time for a new contract.....which isnt reality.

Kyle doesn't get another do-over at QB. This is his 4th guy is what, 7-8 years?
Share 49ersWebzone