LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 189 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
i'm not sure he's been playing lights out. i see ball from Goff, Darnold, Baker and Love that's as good or better. J Daniels also doing very good. Brock is doing fine but having some clunkers. maybe he's pressing with this contract situation.

I think you are looking too much into this. Dude, we lost like all of our 1st WRs. We are injured as f---. The best of the best qbs would have a hard time with that. But I guess we live in a time where the qb is supposed to be some kind of miracle worker I guess.
Originally posted by Jcool:
It was a bad day. I doubt the All 22 saves him. If anything it will hurt him more. I saw a few underneath throws he passed up for a deeper pass.

this is one of the few legitimate criticisms of Brock

it is a double edged sword...but legitimate.... Brock wants chunks and he does not take what is given to him.

He has hit more check downs in the last few weeks....but he needs to keep the offense moving and pick his shots.
Originally posted by Montana:
i'm not sure he's been playing lights out. i see ball from Goff, Darnold, Baker and Love that's as good or better. J Daniels also doing very good. Brock is doing fine but having some clunkers. maybe he's pressing with this contract situation.

I think you are looking too much into this. Dude, we lost like all of our 1st WRs. We are injured as f---. The best of the best qbs would have a hard time with that. But I guess we live in a time where the qb is supposed to be some kind of miracle worker I guess.

Mahomes just won he didn't have RB1, WR1, or WR2. same as us. injuries are just an excuse. imagine what this roster will look like with Brock making his big money. it's gonna be less talent around. he's gotta play regardless.

He could always run instead of throwing into double coverage. He played pretty s**tty yesterday tbh. He looked frazzled. I think KC owns these Niners.
i mean look who Mahomes was throwing to. Juju, a rookie and who else? Hardman, who they gave up on. he has a TE, but so does brock. And juju checked out of the game even. it was Noah Gray and others.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Did I see Brock throw a ball right off the back of Puni's head?

Yeah.. that was bizarre.
i mean look who Mahomes was throwing to. Juju, a rookie and who else? Hardman, who they gave up on. he has a TE, but so does brock. And juju checked out of the game even. it was Noah Gray and others.

Better o line, especially at center and refs who never call holding
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Don't lose sight of the fact that Brock is only 24 years old (25 in December). 2nd full season starting in the NFL. Rough game yesterday but prior to playing the Chiefs, he has really been playing lights out.

Goff was playing very average up until 2 weeks ago. Darnold is coming back down to earth after his hot start. Baker is a surprise, didn't see that coming. And Love was the hot pick at the start of the year to take that next step and looks like he is succeeding there. Meanwhile Purdy has been without his #1 weapon the entire season, Deebo has been a shade of himself despite all this talk in the offseason about how he's in the best shape of his career, it's clear Aiyuk can't just show up and be the player he was last year (& now likely done for the season) and well Kittle is balling so at least there is that. And Jauan had a monster game when he got his shot against the Rams. Despite all this, Purdy was second in the league in passing I believe coming into the Chiefs game. Rams game not on him (Bell and the defense say hi), Cardinals game wouldn't have been on him if we had a dam kicker (shout out to our special teams). Vikings and Chiefs had his #, that's really it.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

yeah Tom pointed out good interior, and rough at the tackles. meanwhile we have Trent. it's just hard to take serious the excuses of injury. every team has injury.
Goff was playing very average up until 2 weeks ago. Darnold is coming back down to earth after his hot start. Baker is a surprise, didn't see that coming. And Love was the hot pick at the start of the year to take that next step and looks like he is succeeding there. Meanwhile Purdy has been without his #1 weapon the entire season, Deebo has been a shade of himself despite all this talk in the offseason about how he's in the best shape of his career, it's clear Aiyuk can't just show up and be the player he was last year (& now likely done for the season) and well Kittle is balling so at least there is that. And Jauan had a monster game when he got his shot against the Rams. Despite all this, Purdy was second in the league in passing I believe coming into the Chiefs game. Rams game not on him (Bell and the defense say hi), Cardinals game wouldn't have been on him if we had a dam kicker (shout out to our special teams). Vikings and Chiefs had his #, that's really it.

he's projected for 17 ints. that's not winning football.

Mahomes just won he didn't have RB1, WR1, or WR2. same as us. injuries are just an excuse. imagine what this roster will look like with Brock making his big money. it's gonna be less talent around. he's gotta play regardless.
Mahomes didn't win. He played like garbage yesterday minus his one nice run. Our D kept him in check. Spags just has our # on defense. And I truly believe that's on Shanahan. They sold out to stop the run and pressed our receivers in man. So try some screens, tosses or sweeps. Make them tackle us in space.
reality is you just side with brock no matter what, would you agree on that?

Lol no dude, he could have played better man. Not going to say he amazing ball out there. Made some great plays, could have been better in areas. But I don't come to some of the more drastic, knee-jerk conclusions about him as some do on here. Lots of emotional reactions off a cruddy loss (again) to the Chiefs. I get it but..at the same time I just don't lol.
Mahomes didn't win. He played like garbage yesterday minus his one nice run. Our D kept him in check. Spags just has our # on defense. And I truly believe that's on Shanahan. They sold out to stop the run and pressed our receivers in man. So try some screens, tosses or sweeps. Make them tackle us in space.

ppl don't get it on Mahomes. it's like they look at the stat sheet. i saw a QB playing well. keeping his O on the field. using his legs. the picks Patrick had, were not on Patrick. it was a DL getting a paw up. and a rook wr falling down. he's the best player in today's game.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

yeah Tom pointed out good interior, and rough at the tackles. meanwhile we have Trent. it's just hard to take serious the excuses of injury. every team has injury.

Agreed, I mentioned earlier our injuries expose the weakness of the o-line and scheme. Great players can mask deficiencies right? I think its accumulated to show we need more talent on the line. I saw TW get his ass handed to him a few times yesterday as well. I really do think Brock would perform extremely well with a better o line.

I mean Mahomes didn't play well. Couple picks Qb rating of 44. Think he like 140 yards passing.

difference was when they needed a 1st down he made it happen. Scrambling whatever. IMO our offense lost us the game.
Share 49ersWebzone