There are 364 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
I think you are looking too much into this. Dude, we lost like all of our 1st WRs. We are injured as f---. The best of the best qbs would have a hard time with that. But I guess we live in a time where the qb is supposed to be some kind of miracle worker I guess.

This. Look at Mahomes. He had one of his worst games in his career against us and he was missing his receivers, even though they're nothing compared to our receivers so the drop off is much less for Kansas City therefore, Mahomes shouldn't have as much leeway as Brock Purdy.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Mahomes didn't win. He played like garbage yesterday minus his one nice run. Our D kept him in check. Spags just has our # on defense. And I truly believe that's on Shanahan. They sold out to stop the run and pressed our receivers in man. So try some screens, tosses or sweeps. Make them tackle us in space.

Our straight up passing concepts on drop backs is pretty blah. If we can't use PA with all the motions then it's a problem. That's on Kyle
i just look for a clean game this week. no sacks, no turnovers. that has to be the standard from the QB position.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Mahomes didn't win. He played like garbage yesterday minus his one nice run. Our D kept him in check. Spags just has our # on defense. And I truly believe that's on Shanahan. They sold out to stop the run and pressed our receivers in man. So try some screens, tosses or sweeps. Make them tackle us in space.

Our straight up passing concepts on drop backs is pretty blah. If we can't use PA with all the motions then it's a problem. That's on Kyle

Agree. Pretty much my only gripe with Kyle. Well, that and his playcalling in the red zone have been complete s**t this year. Oh, and giving the other coaches too much of a leash.

this scheme relies on chemistry more than most…. Lose all your skill positions, lose your chemistry.

this injury bug is insane. Similar to the rams. All things considered, we aren't doing too awful.

i mean…. Pretty awful, but perhaps too awful 🤣🤣
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Many say Kyles drop back game is pretty bad.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Many say Kyles drop back game is pretty bad.

yeah the entire O is feed Mason and hope that's working
Originally posted by elguapo:
I think you are looking too much into this. Dude, we lost like all of our 1st WRs. We are injured as f---. The best of the best qbs would have a hard time with that. But I guess we live in a time where the qb is supposed to be some kind of miracle worker I guess.

This. Look at Mahomes. He had one of his worst games in his career against us and he was missing his receivers, even though they're nothing compared to our receivers so the drop off is much less for Kansas City therefore, Mahomes shouldn't have as much leeway as Brock Purdy.

They are undefeated and won the last two SBs. Did we say undefeated?
Originally posted by 9erson3:
They are undefeated and won the last two SBs. Did we say undefeated?

yeah Patrick plays winning football. those ints were not on Patrick. it's a strong recipe, that D with Reid and Patrick. they are basically the best team this century along with Brady.

Yep but it's Mahomes, so, ppl are going to be less critical on him. Had we won the SB and Brock had a day like yesterday, well, the dialog would be much different. Brady was a bit annoying on his countless strokes of "Patrick" and sounded pretty relentless with the criticisms when it came to Brock and the 49ers. That dude is fierce lol. He has always been fierce but I think I am understanding a little bit more of the mentality of Brady. You gotta respect it but damn does he seem ruthless. Lol. No wonder he was a complete nightmare for years lol.

QB's who win 3 SB Titles, 2 MVP's, 2 SB MVP's get leeway.

I don't understand this idea that Mahomes had a bad game yesterday. He had two picks, one on a batted pass and the other when his receiver fell down. He made countless conversions. Arms and legs. His stat sheet wasn't pretty and that's about it.
Yep but it's Mahomes, so, ppl are going to be less critical on him. Had we won the SB and Brock had a day like yesterday, well, the dialog would be much different. Brady was a bit annoying on his countless strokes of "Patrick" and sounded pretty relentless with the criticisms when it came to Brock and the 49ers. That dude is fierce lol. He has always been fierce but I think I am understanding a little bit more of the mentality of Brady. You gotta respect it but damn does he seem ruthless. Lol. No wonder he was a complete nightmare for years lol.

he's getting better as an announcer. he's all ball
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by communist:
I still think that the second one was on Bell (i know what Shanahan said). the third one was partly due to a defender hitting his arm

Agree with this.

all 3 were on brock. he's QB. ball is in his hands. now if you want INTs that aren't on the QB, that's Mahomes. ball tipped at the los and picked, bit of a freak play. then his WR falls down.

Shanny and Purdy both confirmed the second one was on him. The third one even if he didnt get hit, the guy he was throwing to was not open and double/triple covered..... Even Brady pointed that out on the broadcast... He was like what is he looking at.
Purdy has a tough time with teams who lock up man to man, lucky for us there are very few teams who have ThE coaching scheme and players to do it. For the first time I've seen he was unable to get through his reads, whether that was him hearing footsteps or the line not holding is up to the film. Problem is that its hard to tell if its scheme, WRs inability to separate, or Brock just bad vs man.
I will say that it looked like everywhere Brock went was doubled up. Schematically that means somebody else is open.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by communist:
I still think that the second one was on Bell (i know what Shanahan said). the third one was partly due to a defender hitting his arm

Agree with this.

all 3 were on brock. he's QB. ball is in his hands. now if you want INTs that aren't on the QB, that's Mahomes. ball tipped at the los and picked, bit of a freak play. then his WR falls down.

Shanny and Purdy both confirmed the second one was on him. The third one even if he didnt get hit, the guy he was throwing to was not open and double/triple covered..... Even Brady pointed that out on the broadcast... He was like what is he looking at.

Yea you have to like Bells route there. Cutting it short was the right thing to do idk why Brock wanted the corner route there
Share 49ersWebzone