There are 543 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
he's getting better as an announcer. he's all ball

I agree, he is getting better. But damn, fierce AF. Guess I didn't realize how much so. I mean, I wouldn't wanna go out to a restaurant with the guy and then the cook screw up on the food. He would probably say how he would do it better(and let's face it, he probably would have lol) and be a miserable date haha.

Lol I have no doubt that Tom probably would have been the best at anything he decided to do whether football or if it was something else.

Brock definitely has that competitive dawg in him but the fierceness of Brady is just on a different plane lol.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
he's getting better as an announcer. he's all ball

I agree, he is getting better. But damn, fierce AF. Guess I didn't realize how much so. I mean, I wouldn't wanna go out to a restaurant with the guy and then the cook screw up on the food. He would probably say how he would do it better(and let's face it, he probably would have lol) and be a miserable date haha.

Lol I have no doubt that Tom probably would have been the best at anything he decided to do whether football or if it was something else.

Brock definitely has that competitive dawg in him but the fierceness of Brady is just on a different plane lol.

oh yea, he's the Michael Jordan of football. you gotta have that level of drive to be the best. no other way. mamba mentality.
Originally posted by DrEll:
lol no he's not. Steve was a HOF quarterback who, after the 1994 season, was surrounded with minimal talent (except an aging Jerry Rice) and expected to bring home trophies. He still took the team into the playoffs every year except one.

Brock has the most talented roster around him in the league. For three years straight now. It seems like the rumors are beginning to be right. He needs all the pieces, all the probowlers to be clicking on all cylinders then he looks unstoppable. Take away a CMC or a Deebo or a Trent Williams in any given game and he becomes pedestrian. (See vs Cleveland, vs Minnesota, vs KC, etc). Can't keep saying that coordinator X has his number. He struggles when the stars aren't aligned unfortunately.

Troy Aikman is in the hall of fame too, and was a good, not great QB as well. That's what I consider Purdy, in fact, anyone who is honest will say Purdy is a better QB than Aikman. Hall of Fame/Schmame.

Steve didn't win a Super bowl until DeBaratlo was able to build a defense for him full of pro-bowlers.

But it's extremely difficult to sustain that type of talent level in the NFL. The true elites, like Brady, win year after year regardless.
[ Edited by IrishCrnjo on Oct 21, 2024 at 12:55 PM ]
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Top niner qbs
1. montana
2. young
3. Garcia
4. smith
5. kap

27. dog shtick purdy

I think I would have Brodie up in that top 5 tbh.

That's fair but imo he is on Shaun hill level

Before our time's for sure, but he was a baller based on what you read and hear.

I still have high hopes for Brock, but it's not trending will today.

He just shrinks in the big games

lol except for the playoff game against Seattle, the Detroit comeback in the title game, and the SB where he kept getting us a lead and the D kept blowing it? Yeah, blame it on Purdy. 🙄🙄
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
Troy Aikman is in the hall of fame too, and was a good, not great QB as well. That's what I consider Purdy, in fact, anyone who is honest will say Purdy is a better QB than Aikman. Hall of Fame/Schmame.

Steve didn't win a Super bowl until DeBaratlo was able to build a defense for him full of pro-bowlers.

But it's extremely difficult to sustain that type of talent level in the NFL. The true elites, like Brady, win year after year regardless.

Aikman was great. no way on earth do i put Brock on the level of the gold jacket. what has he done to get the gold jacket? ppl just get silly in here.
This feels like 2014. A young QB in a huge year of development surrounded by a vet team that has already had its run. Ton of injuries just like 2014 too. He's not going to be able to stop this from sinking on his own, and he will struggle. Didn't blame Kap and I don't blame Brock. This is a rough spot to be in
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Oct 21, 2024 at 1:10 PM ]
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
This feels like 2014. A young QB in a huge year of development surrounded by a vet team that has already had its run. Ton of injuries just like 2014 too. He's not going to be able to stop this from sinking on his own, and he will struggle. Didn't blame Kap and I don't blame Brock. This is a rough spot to be in

I blame Brock for not protecting the football. If he just doesn't turn the ball over the Niners may have won that game.2 of his picks he threw into triple coverage. I will give him a pass on the one he threw to Bell because Bell ran the wrong route. But the other two was in inexcusable. And I don't even think theOline was that bad on Sunday. For once Chris Jones didn't wreck the game, He was pretty quiet. And we still struggled on offense. Brock has turned the ball over 9 times this season in 7 games. And we haven't even hit the toughest part of our schedule. I have a hard time seing this team get to 10 wins. I already have 3 sure losses on our schedule remaining. Packers and Bills back to back on the road in cold weather and losing to the Lions. So that means we will have to win every other game to reach 10 wins.
  • thl408
Originally posted by JTB1974:

I blame Brock for not protecting the football. If he just doesn't turn the ball over the Niners may have won that game.2 of his picks he threw into triple coverage. I will give him a pass on the one he threw to Bell because Bell ran the wrong route. But the other two was in inexcusable. And I don't even think theOline was that bad on Sunday. For once Chris Jones didn't wreck the game, He was pretty quiet. And we still struggled on offense. Brock has turned the ball over 9 times this season in 7 games. And we haven't even hit the toughest part of our schedule. I have a hard time seing this team get to 10 wins. I already have 3 sure losses on our schedule remaining. Packers and Bills back to back on the road in cold weather and losing to the Lions. So that means we will have to win every other game to reach 10 wins.

The one in the red zone his arm was hit and it came out like a wobbly duck. Agree that those turnovers hurt a lot. Against this KC defense, the offense would have been challenged even with a healthy CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk. Without them, Brock would have had to step up in a huge way, and that didn't happen.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

He has struggled, but I expect struggle in these situations. QBs don't play well when everything's off. Brady was so bad his last year in NE Kyle chose to roll with Jimmy. The vibe has felt off since before the season started. It is very reminiscent of 2014. I don't expect a QB in his second full year to play well with a team that's checked out
The first INT pissed me off the most. The safety was right there the whole way and still threw it to Kittle. Like WTF?!?!

NFL live talking about how purdy can't play without all his stars playing. They are right purdy is just below average qb
He has struggled, but I expect struggle in these situations. QBs don't play well when everything's off. Brady was so bad his last year in NE Kyle chose to roll with Jimmy. The vibe has felt off since before the season started. It is very reminiscent of 2014. I don't expect a QB in his second full year to play well with a team that's checked out

Brady's last year in NE they went 12-4 and he thew 24 TDs and 8 INTs. He wasn't his normal self but he wasn't bad.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Brady's last year in NE they went 12-4 and he thew 24 TDs and 8 INTs. He wasn't his normal self but he wasn't bad.

there was a narrative of oh he's lost it, but the reality is the Pats had no deep threat. Edelman was like the deep threat. and that's a joke. he's a lil slot wr. ppl often doesn't evaluate the QB correct cuz it's a lot of moving parts in an NFL offense.
Originally posted by Jcool:

They started 8-0 behind an absolutely dominant defense and pretty much dropped off a cliff the second half of the season. Brady wasn't playing as well down the stretch, though the following years showed he still could provided he had weapons (which TB was stacked with).
NFL live talking about how purdy can't play without all his stars playing. They are right purdy is just below average qb

Share 49ersWebzone