LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 272 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Mahomes is better then Purdy. I am not saying that. But I am saying Mahomes over the last two years without weapons, has been struggling. Statistically it hasnt even been average over the last two years.

I do think Mahomes play slightly better then Purdy yesterday but He had one of the worst passer ratings of his career when the opposing QB turned the ball over 3 times and that was against our defense, not the best defense in football. My point is that Mahomes is struggling with no receivers. But everyone is pretending Mahomes is the one out there winning all these games for the Chiefs. How many of those measly 150 yards yesterday were screen passes?

i don't see struggling. when i watch Mahomes i see mvp level QB play. they are undefeated. he sees the whole field, and can get it with his arm or legs. they are happy to possess out games and run with a lead. with that D, you don't need to chuck all over the place. but we all saw it, when they need it he gets it. go back to the SB. our D was better imo and when he needed it in regulation and OT he was completely unstoppable. that's who he is.

as an edit, what Mahomes is doing now, with some real raw receivers, it's on par with his best work. even Tua can ball with Tyreek. i mean he's back to back champ with no Tyreek. the D plays a role, but there are a lot of solid Ds in the league. 1 mahomes. they punted on Hill cuz they wagered Mahomes would make it work no matter who he has. they were right.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Oct 21, 2024 at 2:52 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Mahomes is better then Purdy. I am not saying that. But I am saying Mahomes over the last two years without weapons, has been struggling. Statistically it hasnt even been average over the last two years.

I do think Mahomes play slightly better then Purdy yesterday but He had one of the worst passer ratings of his career when the opposing QB turned the ball over 3 times and that was against our defense, not the best defense in football. My point is that Mahomes is struggling with no receivers. But everyone is pretending Mahomes is the one out there winning all these games for the Chiefs. How many of those measly 150 yards yesterday were screen passes?

i don't see struggling. when i watch Mahomes i see mvp level QB play. they are undefeated. he sees the whole field, and can get it with his arm or legs. they are happy to possess out games and run with a lead. with that D, you don't need to chuck all over the place. but we all saw it, when they need it he gets it. go back to the SB. our D was better imo and when he needed it in regulation and OT he was completely unstoppable. that's who he is.

This
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
How many of his completions and scrambles were on 3rd down? Weren't they like 8-14 or something like that? That's really good.

Not having high skill guys surrounding Mahomes has hurt his production (stats). And I think he hasn't played consistently well this season outside of isolating his production. But he played well yesterday and he's still at the top of the league.

Yes, he had the huge run that we tackled terribly. Our offense went 3 and out consistently to start the game. Purdy threw 3 ints. They ran the ball extremely well, over 150 yards. And he was 16/27 with 154 yards passing 0 TD and 2 Int. Overthrew a wide open TD pass and a decent amount of those yards were from underneath passes. I don't think he played good at all.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
How many of his completions and scrambles were on 3rd down? Weren't they like 8-14 or something like that? That's really good.

Not having high skill guys surrounding Mahomes has hurt his production (stats). And I think he hasn't played consistently well this season outside of isolating his production. But he played well yesterday and he's still at the top of the league.

Yes, he had the huge run that we tackled terribly. Our offense went 3 and out consistently to start the game. Purdy threw 3 ints. They ran the ball extremely well, over 150 yards. And he was 16/27 with 154 yards passing 0 TD and 2 Int. Overthrew a wide open TD pass and a decent amount of those yards were from underneath passes. I don't think he played good at all.

But he did what he needed to do to win the game and that's what matters. Stats are overrated
Lol the homerism is wild. Dude had one of he's worst games as a bro and people are talking he's better than Pat. lol my God.
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
But he did what he needed to do to win the game and that's what matters. Stats are overrated

Brady made this point from the booth. we've seen him win MVP and 50 TDs. they moved on from that, can't keep all that talent together. they keep drafting D, and now this Worthy I think they have another good WR. but he's raw. we haven't seen Brown, Rice and Worthy all out there not for 1 snap this season.

Yea I remember the overthrow. That was an obvious miss. The two picks though were pretty unlucky… especially the 2nd when his receiver fell.

It takes great players at the skill positions to put up big stats. No QB has ever done it alone in that context. That's the only thing missing from Mahomes' game… the production to match his ability. When he had those kinds of players (Hill, younger Kelce, even Watkins, etc) he was absolutely setting the world on fire statistically.
Again, if he plays inconsistent the rest of the season and forward, we should franchise tag him for a year or two after his contract is up. Do what the Vikings did with Kirk Cousins. Do so, before deciding to commit to him long term.

Like I posted before, Brock and his Agent aren't going to take a chance by holding out going into a season.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 21, 2024 at 3:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
If you pay Brock 50+ million would be the biggest mistake. He doesn't elevate other players. Paying him well gut this already depleted roster. Brock is top 13-20 qb tops. We end up in no man's land of we pay him top dollar

It takes teams 10+ years of mediocrity to find a QB as good as Brock. You ready to go back to the Alex Smith Tim Ratay, Cody Picket days cuz I'm not

Whats wrong with Alex Smith? He almost got the 49ers to the Superbowl and he would of won over 100 games for his career if not for a terrible leg injury.

Nothing wrong with him but he's nowhere near Brock as a passer, and Brock is a better pocket runner as well.
Bell interception to me was definitely on Purdy. Bell ran the correct route based on the coverage and was wide open for a first down. Even if he ran the outside route to where Purdy threw it the db would've been right there.

• bud49
  • Veteran
Some advice to Brock. Love ya Kid and I think you're a good QB. But Pleeeeeeeeeeease quit throwing INT's.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Bell interception to me was definitely on Purdy. Bell ran the correct route based on the coverage and was wide open for a first down. Even if he ran the outside route to where Purdy threw it the db would've been right there.
how do you know?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Again, if he plays inconsistent the rest of the season and forward, we should franchise tag him for a year or two after his contract is up. Do what the Vikings did with Kirk Cousins. Do so, before deciding to commit to him long term.

Like I posted before, Brock and his Agent aren't going to take a chance by holding out going into a season.

Not a bad idea.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Not a bad idea.

I like the way you're thinking. No sense in going all in let it play out.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
I think it all depends on Kyle. If kyle retains his role of king and if kyle loses faith in purdy, which might be a thing if you take into account his dress down of purdy IN FRONT OF EVERYONE, INCLUDING THE MEDIA, id bet anything that purdy doesn't get anywhere near a max contract.

If kyle loses his golden boy status purdy is gonna get PAID.

Kyle had every right to lecture Brock, but the way he did it was bush league. Its like a pissing contest for kyle. Thats why he did it in front of the media. IMO, that was uncalled for. Have your moment in the locker room away from prying eyes man, cmon......

So, Grant Cohn does one of his "hot take" assessments because he sees Kyle talking to Brock for a few minutes and decides it's a lecture, without having any way of knowing what was actually said, and instead offering up his take, to the equally tool-ish Ryan Hensely, that he appeared to be getting after Brock and somehow that's supposed to be taken as a fact for what really went down. Maybe he was just saying, tough game, here's how we can do better, hang in there.
Share 49ersWebzone