LISTEN: This Isn't Kyle Shanahan's Year →

There are 259 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He just needs to play like a Toyota Camry, solid, reliable, and looks clean and fierce with the right trim options then sprinkle in a couple TRD type games.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 21, 2024 at 6:10 PM ]
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Lol the homerism is wild. Dude had one of he's worst games as a bro and people are talking he's better than Pat. lol my God.

Ok Mr. Doom and Gloom, people were not saying he was better than Mahomes. Playing better up until yesterday, yes, but not a better QB. Stop with the hyperbole.
[ Edited by swoosh6996 on Oct 21, 2024 at 6:55 PM ]
NFL countdown on espn was right about purdy not being a good qb. He doesn't have a star at every position so we see what he really is. Below average
Originally posted by lamontb:
Bell interception to me was definitely on Purdy. Bell ran the correct route based on the coverage and was wide open for a first down. Even if he ran the outside route to where Purdy threw it the db would've been right there.

Purdy throws with anticipation, there's no time for Brock to adjust to a route cutoff. One on one is open in this league, be where QB expects you to be and make a play.
From the newsfeed. Kyle on lecture-gate. Honestly, I don't know why anyone takes ANYTHING that Grant Cohn says seriously.

"On Monday the coach shared that those types of conversations are a normal occurrence, especially after games, and Shanahan had simply not noticed that members of the media were in the locker room nearby while the conversation was taking place. "We were just talking like we always do, I just didn't realize you guys were all standing behind me spying on us," Shanahan said with a laugh. "I love talking to guys after the game, I just happened to be walking back, and he was just standing right there so we stopped and started talking."
Originally posted by Leathaface:
KS is failing Brock Purdy. Everyone thinks that KS is the reason Purdy has been good but it's really the other way around.

lol
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by elguapo:
This. Look at Mahomes. He had one of his worst games in his career against us and he was missing his receivers, even though they're nothing compared to our receivers so the drop off is much less for Kansas City therefore, Mahomes shouldn't have as much leeway as Brock Purdy.

Yep but it's Mahomes, so, ppl are going to be less critical on him.

No. It's because he makes WINNING PLAYS that counteract the few losing plays he will make. And he doesnt disappear late into the game and if anything, he turns it on.

That's why.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
KS is failing Brock Purdy. Everyone thinks that KS is the reason Purdy has been good but it's really the other way around.

lol

What are you laughing at? Understand football, then comment. KS has absolutely ZERO man beaters in his play sheet. When do you see rub routes? When do you see RB screens? When do you see pick/fake pick plays? NEVER. He just expects his WRs to beat man coverage on their own. Purdy is being forced to throw the ball into tight windows all season and it finally is catching up to him. Make sense now?
Brock is still young and learning how to play. Bad games don't ultimately mean you suck. All QBs have bad games. Mahomes didn't have a good day passing the ball either. Josh Allen has had multiple high TO games.

It happens. He has displayed enough of a skillset so far that I expect him to bounce back and play better.
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
NFL live talking about how purdy can't play without all his stars playing. They are right purdy is just below average qb

He just shredded the Rams with Jauan Jennings. Those dumb shows constantly move the goal posts to fit their narrative.

Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by elguapo:
This. Look at Mahomes. He had one of his worst games in his career against us and he was missing his receivers, even though they're nothing compared to our receivers so the drop off is much less for Kansas City therefore, Mahomes shouldn't have as much leeway as Brock Purdy.

Yep but it's Mahomes, so, ppl are going to be less critical on him.

No. It's because he makes WINNING PLAYS that counteract the few losing plays he will make. And he doesnt disappear late into the game and if anything, he turns it on.

That's why.

He had one big scramble. Aside from that, he played a completely pedestrian game. Statistically his worst ever as a thrower. The problem was our offense's inability to get open against press man coverage and inability to get out of it's own way. Mahomes can't make his "winning" plays if their defense wasn't so dominant and kept giving him the ball with a lead.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
NFL live talking about how purdy can't play without all his stars playing. They are right purdy is just below average qb

He just shredded the Rams with Jauan Jennings. Those dumb shows constantly move the goal posts to fit their narrative.

It's just stupidity. The moment he has a bad game all the hot take shows start going off. You would think the totality of his work so far would allow him a few bad games here and there but when it comes to Purdy, if he isn't a perfect QB every week then he obviously sucks.
Purdy was 2 easy td throws away from having a better looking game (and possibly W).

But he looked shook and played bad overall. Shanahans play calling is something else right now. Early in the game get 8 yard completion to aiyuk. 2nd down chiefs have a 5 man line and LBs crowding. We run into a brick wall twice and punt. Why??

Over and over again with this type of playcalls. This is the first year since he's been out hc where I feel HE has been a detriment. There's still time to get it right though
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Purdy was 2 easy td throws away from having a better looking game (and possibly W).

But he looked shook and played bad overall. Shanahans play calling is something else right now. Early in the game get 8 yard completion to aiyuk. 2nd down chiefs have a 5 man line and LBs crowding. We run into a brick wall twice and punt. Why??

Over and over again with this type of playcalls. This is the first year since he's been out hc where I feel HE has been a detriment. There's still time to get it right though

This.
Share 49ersWebzone