LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 233 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The problem starts in the middle of the O-line then to the Right on the end.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by random49er:
KS is failing Brock Purdy. Everyone thinks that KS is the reason Purdy has been good but it's really the other way around.

lol

What are you laughing at? Understand football, then comment. KS has absolutely ZERO man beaters in his play sheet. When do you see rub routes? When do you see RB screens? When do you see pick/fake pick plays? NEVER. He just expects his WRs to beat man coverage on their own. Purdy is being forced to throw the ball into tight windows all season and it finally is catching up to him. Make sense now?

That's right and your first comment was right for sure.

I think I was a bit too harsh but the truth is I think KS has been part of the problem this year. Obviously I am just a fan and don't know the inner workings but there has to be a better way to attack the Chiefs than what we've been trying the last 2 outings.

The sad part is it is getting progressively worse. In the 2022 regular season game at least we moved the ball decently well on them.

So I wanted to pile on you cuz I really hate that people state opinions/observations as facts when how do you really know? BUT..... I actually agree with you lol. Everyone piles on Kyle (and seemingly every player depending on the week) but I often think that as fans we have no idea as to why a game plan was called the way it was and it's obviously not random. However I keep seeing and thinking the same things. Why does it feel like every pass play is a tight window? Where are the "sits" when we just need 6-9 yards? Speaking of which, why for the love of god is 3rd and medium/long always some low percentage have to be perfect playcall all the time? Where are the simple digs and outs and sits, etc.....
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Exactly. He has zero time. Watch Darnold sit back there with little to no pressure and you see the results.
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:

Exactly. He has zero time. Watch Darnold sit back there with little to no pressure and you see the results.

Brock wasn't under constant pressure against the Chiefs. In fact I thought the O line did a better than expected job. I barely heard Jones name called out. Brock had enough time to make some deep throws. He wsn't scrambling to avoid sacks all night. He had 8 carries but at least 3 were QB sneaks.
Brock needs to get his rear in gear and avoid the dumb turnovers. we aren't good enough to turn it over 3 times and win.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Brock needs to get his rear in gear and avoid the dumb turnovers. we aren't good enough to turn it over 3 times and win.

Didn't Aiyuk fall on the first one and on the third one didn't McKivitz allow the hit on Purdy when he was throwing it? But yah I agree.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Didn't Aiyuk fall on the first one and on the third one didn't McKivitz allow the hit on Purdy when he was throwing it? But yah I agree.

Didn't like the play call on his third int. You know the Chiefs are going to bring it and you keep Purdy in the pocket knowing we suck major ass in the red zone this year on top of having no Deebo, no Aiyuk, no JJ, and of course, no CMC. What the f**k did you think was going to happen, Kyle? If he rolls out and has to throw it away, fine, let's kick a fg, that's better than a pick.
Share 49ersWebzone