LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 291 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hopefully purdy can shake it off. He's by far best 9ers qb I've seen since Young. I don't agree it was just because of his supporting cast either. 3 games this year he just has not played smart football. He's tried playing hero ball like he's Josh Allen which he isn't. He need to hit the check down and live for another down.
I don't disagree play calling and the line could not do better though.
He needs to rediscover the checkdown or just take the sack instead of rushing throws into coverage, or throw the ball away.
Originally posted by nolimit2game:
Hopefully purdy can shake it off. He's by far best 9ers qb I've seen since Young. I don't agree it was just because of his supporting cast either. 3 games this year he just has not played smart football. He's tried playing hero ball like he's Josh Allen which he isn't. He need to hit the check down and live for another down.
I don't disagree play calling and the line could not do better though.

This. His next step in his development is locating blitzers and blitz beaters. If it ain't there check it down and hope for YAC, which were pretty good at usually.
If shabby has a clue he's throwing free rushers at Brock in practice and making him find his hot reads, over and over until he gets it.
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
If shabby has a clue he's throwing free rushers at Brock in practice and making him find his hot reads, over and over until he gets it.

Kyle unfortunately does not think that way. He thinks he's smarter than the other team and can just work on the scheme. He believes that will work all the time. It has worked well but not after the league caught up to him. I'm not holding out hope he works on new ideas as mentored above.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by sick9erfan:

Kyle unfortunately does not think that way. He thinks he's smarter than the other team and can just work on the scheme. He believes that will work all the time. It has worked well but not after the league caught up to him. I'm not holding out hope he works on new ideas as mentored above.

im tired of the free rushers on key passing downs, fuking max protect that sh*t or chip block on mckivitz side
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
How often are deep passes perfect? Majority are great catches or underthrown and end up pi

Under thrown are good. Like Russell Wilson throws the moon ball. Gives a WR a chance to make the play. Under thrown also results in PI giving you a 50 yard gain. Again the over throw is the bigger sin. Perfect is rare. Lots of other teams have guys get tackled. The big gain is more important than perfect.

It was a bad throw. No one was near him and should have been hit in stride

No it wasn't. It was a 50 yard completion. Very good throw. You live in Madden world where everything is perfect. That was an excellent completion that you take all day long.
Some stats:

In 32 career starts, Purdy has had multi pick games 5 times. That is a rate of roughly one every six games.

In the other four instances before last Sunday, he is 2-1 all-time after a multi pick game, with 6 TD and 2 INT total over that span. Obviously a small sample size, but hopefully it means he generally bounces back.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Some stats:

In 32 career starts, Purdy has had multi pick games 5 times. That is a rate of roughly one every six games.

In the other four instances before last Sunday, he is 2-1 all-time after a multi pick game, with 6 TD and 2 INT total over that span. Obviously a small sample size, but hopefully it means he generally bounces back.

Not every defense is as good as the Chiefs and Spags.
That Tom Brady take was trash. Purdy has played light years better than Brady could have dreamed to start his own career.

Purdy wishes he could be carried by his defense and special teams and game winning FGs his first three chips
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Oct 22, 2024 at 6:44 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone