There are 294 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
I thought the ranking of Brock's throws was a little strange. It's pretty rare for announcers to keep calling throws "average" when they're completed. Like every deep ball that Stafford hit or got pi on against us was underthrown, but never once was there an "average throw" comment. The throws were definitely not perfect, but going out of his way to point it out on multiple deep completions was weird imo

Totally weird.

Made me laugh when Mahomes threw an uncharacteristically bad incompletion and the announcer started his sentence "Even on that throw... " and started to manufacture some kind of inherent greatness. I had to turn the commentary off for a bit then, which something I hardly ever do.

Don't get me wrong, Mahomes is the guy, but they got locked into worship mode on one side of the ball, and hyper-critical mode on the other.
[ Edited by joeknows on Oct 24, 2024 at 5:06 AM ]
Originally posted by joeknows:
Totally weird.

Made me laugh when Mahomes threw an uncharacteristically bad incompletion and the announcer started his sentence "Even on that throw... " and started to manufacture some kind of inherent greatness. I had to turn the commentary off for a bit then, which something I hardly ever do.

Don't get me wrong, Mahomes is the guy, but they got locked into worship mode on one side of the ball, and hyper-critical mode on the other.

Reminds me of a game long time ago, Green Bay and Brett F. On a particular play, the announcer said, "Brett Favre is the only quarterback that can make that throw."
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
You read the article here on this site and see for yourself. You see I'm a 49er fan and I don't give a good god damn about Brady but just like him. I said what I said. To me his take was trash and Purdy has played exceptionally well for a guy that got zero reps his rookie year then had no offseason his second year and now his first full year with an offseason with worn down vets holding out wanting to be paid as if they won the chip and with Brock playing for pennies

I am not about wreckless criticism of our QB when he's busting his a$$ trying to will our team into wins. 7 games in and folk wanna talk all slick at the mouth but let's see what's up at season's end

Again....what did Brady say specifically that makes you conclude it was 'trash?'
Share 49ersWebzone