LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 127 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I want to see Purdy with a different head coach dammit!

Title that's cut off

"Brock confirms he can't call audibles at the line of scrimmage"

[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 24, 2024 at 10:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Furlow:
This is insane.

Kyle has covered this in depth before. Go listen the interview he did with Tim Kawakami awhile back. He absolutely allows his his QBs to audible. However, he prefers that his QBs worries about less things and has an answer baked into the plays. Kyle talked about how Matt Ryan and Kirk Cousins would audible early on, but eventually realized that trusting the answer in the play was more productive.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 24, 2024 at 10:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
This is insane.

Kyle has covered this in depth before. Go listen the interview he did with Tim Kawakami awhile back. He absolutely allows his his QBs to audible. However, he prefers that his QBs worries about less things and has an answer baked into the plays. Kyle talked about how Matt Ryan and Kirk Cousins would audible early on, but eventually realized that trusting the answer in the play was more productive.

NINE f**kING MEN IN THE BOX! I doubt Brock would stick with that run call play, if he had the option audible out.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

NINE f**kING MEN IN THE BOX! I doubt Brock would stick with that run call play, if he had the option audible out.

You do realize the QB goes to the line with a run play and a pass play, right?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
This is insane.

All those Super Bowls that Ryan and Cousins won.
Does anyone know how to close your account?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
This is insane.

Imagine the audacity and ego that Kyle has to think that every play he calls has an answer for every possible defensive call. Unbelievable.

I've been saying this for a long time but we need a QB who is willing to push back against this aspect of Kyle and tell him to shove it every once in a while. Purdy was actually doing that early on, now it seems Kyle is coaching him into a robot. Where have we seen this before...
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
Does anyone know how to close your account?

PM a mod a dick pick. That should do it.
Share 49ersWebzone