LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 184 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Moved to Kyle.
[ Edited by Bringbackedjr on Oct 25, 2024 at 7:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Seriously, how do you all feel about the no audible thing here? It caught me by surprise. I thought he had that freedom.

Matt Ryan had complaints about not calling audibles as well. Partly thought it was him being salty, but turns out to be true and another habit of Kyle?
Originally posted by ninerFate:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Seriously, how do you all feel about the no audible thing here? It caught me by surprise. I thought he had that freedom.

Matt Ryan had complaints about not calling audibles as well. Partly thought it was him being salty, but turns out to be true and another habit of Kyle?

Sounds like it, but back to what Brady said, there is a chance you line up and the D just has it right. Purdy should be able to audible out to something more advantageous to them.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Imagine the audacity and ego that Kyle has to think that every play he calls has an answer for every possible defensive call. Unbelievable.

I've been saying this for a long time but we need a QB who is willing to push back against this aspect of Kyle and tell him to shove it every once in a while. Purdy was actually doing that early on, now it seems Kyle is coaching him into a robot. Where have we seen this before...

I am in agreement with this post. I do feel like Purdy kinda had more leeway but now, not as much. If so, he absolutely needs to push back and be vocal about it. He is in position to do so, saved their asses from that dreaded Lance pick and played amazing since day one after taking over for Jimmy. That is pretty damn arrogant if this is what's going on. It doesn't make sense really. It would be stupid af.
Originally posted by Heroism:
You do realize the QB goes to the line with a run play and a pass play, right?

This is what I thought
The question for me is, in obvious passing situations, we've gotta have a second pass play available right? When they come out with the right call against us, I assume we have a check to a second play if necessary, the same way we would in a run or pass situation.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The question for me is, in obvious passing situations, we've gotta have a second pass play available right? When they come out with the right call against us, I assume we have a check to a second play if necessary, the same way we would in a run or pass situation.

Who knows, but I got the feeling Purdy felt like he could do more if allowed. (just a feeling btw not trying to start a war here lol)
Share 49ersWebzone