LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 162 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Id agree that purdy needs to push back but it doesn't seem to be his personality. Maybe him signing a huge contract would give him more leeway to go against shanny but right now i don't think there is a chance purdy pushes back at all.
Even with that huge contract i could never imagine purdy doing what jimmy did on the sideline, telling shanny that his plays are b******t.

Did Jimmy say that? Lol

Maybe he said his play was BS.

Broadcast did catch Jimmy saying "stupid ----ing call" after throwing a pick, if I recall..
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Imagine the audacity and ego that Kyle has to think that every play he calls has an answer for every possible defensive call. Unbelievable.

I've been saying this for a long time but we need a QB who is willing to push back against this aspect of Kyle and tell him to shove it every once in a while. Purdy was actually doing that early on, now it seems Kyle is coaching him into a robot. Where have we seen this before...

I am in agreement with this post. I do feel like Purdy kinda had more leeway but now, not as much. If so, he absolutely needs to push back and be vocal about it. He is in position to do so, saved their asses from that dreaded Lance pick and played amazing since day one after taking over for Jimmy. That is pretty damn arrogant if this is what's going on. It doesn't make sense really. It would be stupid af.

Id agree that purdy needs to push back but it doesn't seem to be his personality. Maybe him signing a huge contract would give him more leeway to go against shanny but right now i don't think there is a chance purdy pushes back at all.
Even with that huge contract i could never imagine purdy doing what jimmy did on the sideline, telling shanny that his plays are b******t.

He might not need to go that far. Just let Kyle know that it's a partnership, not a dictatorship. If he feels strongly that a play isn't going to work, just audible. IDGAF what Kyle says, if it works it works.

Bottom line we need him to hit Kyle with the "ice in his veins" gesture again. BRING IT BACK, BROCK!
Originally posted by Furlow:
He might not need to go that far. Just let Kyle know that it's a partnership, not a dictatorship. If he feels strongly that a play isn't going to work, just audible. IDGAF what Kyle says, if it works it works.

Bottom line we need him to hit Kyle with the "ice in his veins" gesture again. BRING IT BACK, BROCK!

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Heroism:
You do realize the QB goes to the line with a run play and a pass play, right?

This is what I thought

Yeah, these dudes should spend more time learning ball and less whining on the forum.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The question for me is, in obvious passing situations, we've gotta have a second pass play available right? When they come out with the right call against us, I assume we have a check to a second play if necessary, the same way we would in a run or pass situation.

They do. There's a run and pass play baked into the west coast verbiage play calls. When Purdy touches the side of his helmet, he's canning the first play call and going the second.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 25, 2024 at 3:14 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:
You do realize the QB goes to the line with a run play and a pass play, right?

This is what I thought

Yeah, these dudes should spend more time learning ball and less whining on the forum.

The question for me is, in obvious passing situations, we've gotta have a second pass play available right? When they come out with the right call against us, I assume we have a check to a second play if necessary, the same way we would in a run or pass situation.

They do. There's a run and pass play baked into the west coast verbiage play calls. When Purdy touches the side of his helmet, he's canning the first play call and going the second.

If so, then the whole talk of no audibles is bogus.

So, even on say, third and 10, we've got two different pass plays already in the play call and it doesn't matter if they have the perfect call, we can change it to play #2
If so, then the whole talk of no audibles is bogus.

So, even on say, third and 10, we've got two different pass plays already in the play call and it doesn't matter if they have the perfect call, we can change it to play #2

Yeah.

Kyle Shahanan's playbook can be downloaded on google. He has an entire section dedicated to cans, protections, audibles, etc. that clarifies all of this.

AUDIBLES

 QB can change the play at the LOS by using the words "Easy Easy" in the
cadence, followed by the play number & concept (if needed).
 All Audibles will be on Red.
 Example:
 "Set-Hut...Easy Easy…19 Weak, 19 Weak… Red, Red… Set-Hut."

CAN
 Allows us to change a play at the LOS without using an audible.
 2 plays will be called in the huddle.
 We will always run the 1st play called, unless the word "Can" is used
somewhere within the cadence.
 Whenever the QB "Cans" the play, he will signal to the WR's.
 Example:
 Huddle call: "Trips Rt 19 Wanda 'Can' 18 Support."
 Cadence: "Set-Hut…Green 80…Can, Can…Green 80…Set-Hut."
 Play now becomes Trips Rt 18 Support.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 25, 2024 at 3:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone