There are 330 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/185552-nfl-brock-backup-pursue-alternative/

there might be some truth to this. I'm a huge fan of Brock, and I believe he's the best quarterback we've had since Garcia. But am I convinced that he's the franchise QB that will lead us to the promised land ? Not yet. He plays well when all the pieces are in place, although there are games when all the pieces are in place and he didn't excel. And he struggles mightily when some of his pieces are not there.

would I pay him 60m ? No way ! I agree with the article to let him play out next year, then franchise him the year after if you need to. If he wins a SB with us, then pay him the money even if the QB rate at that point is 80m per year.
Originally posted by DrEll:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/185552-nfl-brock-backup-pursue-alternative/

there might be some truth to this. I'm a huge fan of Brock, and I believe he's the best quarterback we've had since Garcia. But am I convinced that he's the franchise QB that will lead us to the promised land ? Not yet. He plays well when all the pieces are in place, although there are games when all the pieces are in place and he didn't excel. And he struggles mightily when some of his pieces are not there.

would I pay him 60m ? No way ! I agree with the article to let him play out next year, then franchise him the year after if you need to. If he wins a SB with us, then pay him the money even if the QB rate at that point is 80m per year.

La Canfora is a massive tool and the author of this similar hit piece.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kyle-shanahan-staff-inexperience-at-core-of-redskins-dysfunction/

"This is the NFL, it's not supposed to be a training ground for coaches," said someone who has worked with Kyle Shanahan in Washington. "It's ridiculous. Look at this staff. It sucks. Mike's best buddy is (longtime Shanahan assistant and current linebackers coach Bob Slowik), and Slowik's son is in his second year out of college and he's on the staff. Everyone on the staff is in his first or second year except for Mike and Kyle and Haslett (defensive coordinator Jim Haslett) and Raheem (Morris, the secondary coach), and everyone knows Raheem is there because he is close with Kyle. Those two go way back.

It's like Kyle is the pied piper and these kids just follow him around. I mean, Mike has been a head coach for 20 years -- usually a guy like that has a posse he can bring with him. So he's got Bobby Turner (running backs coach) here, and Slowik, and that's it. How does that happen? How does he end up hiring all of his son's buddies?

"What Mike has allowed to happen there, with that staff, there is no excuse for. There are guys on that staff who are just not qualified, and it shows up.

That staff:

La Canfora can go eat a bag of dicks.
Need this kid to step up his game & find a way to carry them to some wins until we can get more weapons around him healthy
Originally posted by tohara3:
Need this kid to step up his game & find a way to carry them to some wins until we can get more weapons around him healthy

This. Gotta cut the turnovers
F*ck La Canfora, dude is a joke, and I don't give two s**ts what NFL Exec has to say, could be a great one, or a dumbass like Tanenbaum was when he was with the Jets, & still is with ESPN, my eyes say Brock is legit, and turnover wise, his bad game last week was that, a bad game, 3 of his INTs in the first 6 weeks were off tipped balls, but he makes up for things with his legs, plus he does have a strong arm, accuracy, good vision, and the intangibles that make an elite QB elite IMO, he's way better than Lance or Garoppolo or any other QB Shanahan has had in his system IMO.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by tohara3:

This. Gotta cut the turnovers

I'm also a Brock fan. He's gotta dig himself out of this slump soon.
I've seen a few perfectly placed deep balls today. I wish Brock didn't have JV arm strength
I'll never forget JLC reporting that Patrick Willis was coming out of retirement, and then Pat responded to him, "No, I'm not."
Elite backup hell ya
It is Brocks biggest day as a QB by far.

Originally posted by RonnieLott:
It is Brocks biggest day as a QB by far.

I disagree. I can think of a few days in January and one in February they were much bigger.
His mom can-for-a 2 dollars lol
Share 49ersWebzone