There are 242 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Aiyuk out, Jennings out, CMC out, Mason out. Deebo clearly not in shape. Bell and Conley playing a ton of snaps. Questionable pass protection once again.

Yet Purdy finds a way to win. Incredible escapability and scrambling tonight. He makes plays. It's a shame so many are hating on him like this.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by mcwoot:

Originally posted by mcwoot:
Playing like he has an undisclosed injury

Receipts.

I stand by this. Last couple games he doesn't seem to have a good grip on the ball.

I shouldn't have included your comment with the others. Purdy is likely playing through something.

His balls are too heavy trying to carry this team.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Brock Purdy vs Cowboys

18/26 - 260 yards - 1 TD - 114.3 rating.

Rush 8 attempts - 56 yards - 7.0 average - 1 TD.

Hardly a "bad game." Not sure what you guys were whining about?

316 yards of offense, 2 TDs, no turnovers and he needs to be cut according to some.

The guy calling him an "elite backup" is a clown. "I see it on the film." "Saw it in College too."

That's Nick WRONG garbage or Steven Ruiz. Minimally he's an NFL starter in the upper tier. If you can't see that you are blind or biased. They have to justify how they missed and they were wrong. So some of it is that.
Much needed bye week
Lol so everyone loves Purdy again?
I hope we can all at least agree on...9ers should absolutely NOT pay Purdy 60+m per year. It would be as insane as giving up 3 1st round picks again.

Let's not make the same mistake Front office. Let the kid play out his rookie deal then tag him and tag him again.

Meanwhile Purdy keep balling out and improving...let's go kid.
[ Edited by JC_916 on Oct 27, 2024 at 9:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Montana:

Always have.

If Anyone watching this season thinks Brock is the problem, clearly doesn't know football. He hasn't been perfect but he's made a ton of great plays.

All his stars are decimated or lingering injuries. Below average pass pro. Very very inconsistent run game (either 0 yards or 15 yards - usually 2-3 1-2 yard runs at a time).

special teams has been nothing short of horrific and injured.

only game this year that Brock never seemed to find a rhythm or be comfy was the Minnesota game. Brock hasn't t been perfect but without him - we are probably 2-6 right now at best. Hes had so many excellent throws just dropped, so many misses In pass pro.

worst separation in the league and worst yac in the league. It's astonishing we are 4-4 with how poorly and inconsistent this team has been this year.
Brock Purdy still made some mistakes on passes and his red zone passing is very ordinary.

He also held onto the ball too long on a number of occasions.

His running was good but there are still a number of areas that Brock Purdy needs to improve.
Originally posted by JC_916:
I hope we can all at least agree on...9ers should absolutely NOT pay Purdy 60+m per year. It would be as insane as giving up 3 1st round picks again.

Let's not make the same mistake Front office. Let the kid play out his rookie deal then tag him and tag him again.

Lol they won't have a choice. Especially on this team.

The precedence is already set...

On this team you can hold out and get paid. Hell you can hold out and ask for a raise mid contract even if your hurt and can't even play on this team.

You think they won't cave as soon as they have Dobbs or some scrub in tc when Brock just says he wants to be paid?

Hell we paid Jimmy off 4 games...

They might not want to pay him all that but they have to regardless.

Originally posted by tankle104:

If Anyone watching this season thinks Brock is the problem, clearly doesn't know football. He hasn't been perfect but he's made a ton of great plays.

All his stars are decimated or lingering injuries. Below average pass pro. Very very inconsistent run game (either 0 yards or 15 yards - usually 2-3 1-2 yard runs at a time).

special teams has been nothing short of horrific and injured.

only game this year that Brock never seemed to find a rhythm or be comfy was the Minnesota game. Brock hasn't t been perfect but without him - we are probably 2-6 right now at best. Hes had so many excellent throws just dropped, so many misses In pass pro.

worst separation in the league and worst yac in the league. It's astonishing we are 4-4 with how poorly and inconsistent this team has been this year.

Yeah a lot of those are true.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JC_916:

Dude just eat your crow tonight. We have more than $60M in payroll that's injured right now so what's the damn difference if Purdy had it?
Originally posted by Furlow:
Dude just eat your crow tonight. We have more than $60M in payroll that's injured right now so what's the damn difference if Purdy had it?

My guy, there is nothing wrong with Purdy playing out his rookie deal then tagging him instead of giving the kid 60m per year.

That would be the best thing to do wouldn't you agree?
I don't get why the contract is such a focus at this point for fans. We are 4-4 and we have another 9 games this season, potentially more if we can make the playoffs. If the season ended today then Yes, we would probably make him play out his rookie deal and then decide what to do from there. There is no reason to worry about it at this point. It will play itself out, but we are not at that point to make that decision. Regardless of what we do, I have little doubt that Brock will be the starting QB here for years to come.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Nice game Brock
Share 49ersWebzone