There are 335 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by communist:
didn't watch the game for a second but given the stat line Purdy delivered. I don't need a MVP performance every week, just win it on a consistent basis.

He made some bad throws that should've been gimmes but also produced with his legs.
Originally posted by Youngone:
didn't watch the game for a second but given the stat line Purdy delivered. I don't need a MVP performance every week, just win it on a consistent basis.

He made some bad throws that should've been gimmes but also produced with his legs.
Thanks for the input
Purdy 2024, I have already accepted that faith

Even some of the throws that were caught were offline. His accuracy is not as good this year.
It is going to be interesting...to watch the rest of this season unfold....

It is not a huge stretch to forecast JJ and Ricky having an impact down the stretch ...

It is also not a stretch to think IF CMC returns as a volume player, we might not run as much stuff designed to feed deebo the ball.

That alone could be a net positive. Sometimes less is infact more

For all the injuries...Brock still has a lot of talent to work with the remainder of the season
I think Brock is thinking about the future and it's impacting him on the field.

I honestly don't blame the guy. Let's all be real with ourselves here. How would you react to making 900k at your current job, knowing that you're likely to get a raise to 60 Million in a year from now?

Brock's a human and the guy is probably just feeling the immense pressure of the $$$.

Can't say I would handle it any better.

I can say the same about Dak and he doesn't produce with his legs.
Brock should take the two weeks and get centered again. Thankful for the win but boy some of the first half play was cringworthy.
I bet he will be okay but something is off he needs to work out.
Originally posted by kyleburkle:
Purdy only throws quick routes we'll downfield terrible

Endzond terrible because he isn't good at window throws

He has wheels which make him serviceable

But top 10 no way easy to come up with 10 names better than him

For me

Darnold better
Love better
Goff better
Stafford better
Hurts better little
Cousins better
Mayfield better
Mahomes obvious
Herbert better
Allen better
Dak probably better seems better downfield
I'd put him 15 which is my belief avg won't win you games when you need him to

Lots on that list have no claim to being better than Purdy.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Brock should take the two weeks and get centered again. Thankful for the win but boy some of the first half play was cringworthy.
I bet he will be okay but something is off he needs to work out.

Probably his entire team being hurt. Plus the 6 man line they were playing.
More inconsistent than we are used to seeing for sure. He was good, but still off in the first half imo. Some of those completions and incompletes just didnt look rigth. He seemed flustered/lost. Then the second half he came out looking more like the guy we are used to seeing.

I think better pass pro makes him a top 10 qb easily, and more likely top 5. Last night the o line was better than they have been and it reflects. For me that relationship is all symbiotic, especially for a QB like Brock.

I really hope he figures out the accuracy issues he is having. Not sure if he is just really not on the same page as his WR's or if something else is going on.

Maybe he is really missing JJ right now while also not having Aiyuk (even though he hasn't really done much this year before he got hurt).

Maybe after this bye we will see a better Purdy, and that is what I'm hoping for. I want him to be our franchise QB and get a big Contract, but he has to prove his case this year when not everything is going his way with Injuries.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I really hope he figures out the accuracy issues he is having. Not sure if he is just really not on the same page as his WR's or if something else is going on.

Maybe he is really missing JJ right now while also not having Aiyuk (even though he hasn't really done much this year before he got hurt).

Maybe after this bye we will see a better Purdy, and that is what I'm hoping for. I want him to be our franchise QB and get a big Contract, but he has to prove his case this year when not everything is going his way with Injuries.

They are literally all backups. It's not surprising.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

According to you, it is cause he got married lolol

Two weeks is a perfect time now. I bet after the break we are doing much better. Perfect time for a bye. Brock is our guy. Return to form and all is forgotten.
Originally posted by kyleburkle:
Purdy only throws quick routes we'll downfield terrible

Endzond terrible because he isn't good at window throws

He has wheels which make him serviceable

But top 10 no way easy to come up with 10 names better than him

For me

Darnold better
Love better
Goff better
Stafford better
Hurts better little
Cousins better