There are 339 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JC_916:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Dude just eat your crow tonight. We have more than $60M in payroll that's injured right now so what's the damn difference if Purdy had it?

My guy, there is nothing wrong with Purdy playing out his rookie deal then tagging him instead of giving the kid 60m per year.

That would be the best thing to do wouldn't you agree?

No. He's a franchise QB and we're not going to draft high enough to find someone better. Pay him now and hopefully he takes a team friendly deal.
Originally posted by JC_916:
Dude just eat your crow tonight. We have more than $60M in payroll that's injured right now so what's the damn difference if Purdy had it?

My guy, there is nothing wrong with Purdy playing out his rookie deal then tagging him instead of giving the kid 60m per year.

That would be the best thing to do wouldn't you agree?

No. He's a franchise QB and we're not going to draft high enough to find someone better. Pay him now and hopefully he takes a team friendly deal.

His play this year has raised an eyebrow for me, because while at times I feel he's better, his accuracy and reads are just off a bit on many plays. I attribute that to constant pressure and blocking gaffes getting in his head.

The tag idea isn't a bad idea, but I think they get a deal done as you said.

I saw articles calling him an elite backup. I live in NYC and half my friends said they would take him in a heartbeat lol Daniel Jones is s**t show etc... lol so many insane takes in the media.
Every QB has had game or 2 where they had a slump. Including the greats.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
More inconsistent than we are used to seeing for sure. He was good, but still off in the first half imo. Some of those completions and incompletes just didnt look rigth. He seemed flustered/lost. Then the second half he came out looking more like the guy we are used to seeing.

I think better pass pro makes him a top 10 qb easily, and more likely top 5. Last night the o line was better than they have been and it reflects. For me that relationship is all symbiotic, especially for a QB like Brock.

For sure. I just wish Shanylynch thought the same way when resourcing the OL. A stronger OL vs hands on balls.
In Brocks defense, he's not had much help from his receivers or OL this season

That being said, he still needs to be more accurate and make better decisions with the ball. That throw towards the end that almost got picked off was dumb and could have changed the outcome of the game. I actually thought we should have ran It on that particular play Tbh. 3rd n 1 and you throw it?
Share 49ersWebzone