QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Got to love how humble Brock is:

Originally posted by mitpdub:

That's our boy!
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

Since JG is a FA this year, does that mean this person is going to have to continue to keep drawing even after he leaves SF?

If Jimmy was ugly this never would've been a thing.

Purdy's jersey is in the HoF.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

Since JG is a FA this year, does that mean this person is going to have to continue to keep drawing even after he leaves SF?

If Jimmy was ugly this never would've been a thing.

She made it known that she will stop when Jimmy is officially not a Niner. The trade phrase was kept because fans requested it so.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
It's not being negative to point out that he has a weak arm. It's uplifting because it shows how he's managed to be successful in spite of his disability.

We have seen some balls die on him these last few games and we haven't really seen him attempt many difficult throws that would require him to throw with higher velocity.
As to the former, that's simply untrue.

As to the latter: Proof? Cite? Video? TIA.

He's probably talking about the long TD to Aiyuk against TB where there was pressure in Brocks face and he took a hit as he was throwing it, and Aiyuk had to wait for the ball. So something that would happen to any other qb in the same situation.

That's actually not one of the throws I was talking about. They were against Seattle and Washington in the first half.

Oh, so you are going to judge his arm strength based on games he played in with a partial tear of his oblique? Do you understand throwing mechanics at all?

I'm going to judge him by what he does. It's not like there was a significant or noticeable drop in his arm strength in those two games either. He wasn't firing rockets against Miami and TB. His worst throw might have been the one against Miami where he tried to hit Deebo in the endzone.

He has a weak arm. That's ok. Many successful QBs have overcome that. Tua has one. Old Drew Brees had one. We don't need to pretend that he's perfect to acknowledge that he's played really well.

He was late on that throw to Deebo more than anything else.

And he could have gotten away with it with a stronger arm.

I'd rather a QB be on time than have a stronger arm to try and make up for it. Processing >>>> arm strength.

You can have both.

True. But I would rather have a QB with elite processing and an average arm than a QB with an elite arm and average processing.
Originally posted by mayo49:
It's not being negative to point out that he has a weak arm. It's uplifting because it shows how he's managed to be successful in spite of his disability.

We have seen some balls die on him these last few games and we haven't really seen him attempt many difficult throws that would require him to throw with higher velocity.

He's probably talking about the long TD to Aiyuk against TB where there was pressure in Brocks face and he took a hit as he was throwing it, and Aiyuk had to wait for the ball. So something that would happen to any other qb in the same situation.

That's actually not one of the throws I was talking about. They were against Seattle and Washington in the first half.

Oh, so you are going to judge his arm strength based on games he played in with a partial tear of his oblique? Do you understand throwing mechanics at all?

I'm going to judge him by what he does. It's not like there was a significant or noticeable drop in his arm strength in those two games either. He wasn't firing rockets against Miami and TB. His worst throw might have been the one against Miami where he tried to hit Deebo in the endzone.

He has a weak arm. That's ok. Many successful QBs have overcome that. Tua has one. Old Drew Brees had one. We don't need to pretend that he's perfect to acknowledge that he's played really well.

I'd rather a QB be on time than have a stronger arm to try and make up for it. Processing >>>> arm strength.

Joe is a great example of that.

So is Brady and Manning.

You can have both.
Does GOAT have both? Brady? Montana?
Originally posted by Heroism:

• mayo49
  • Veteran

So is Brady and Manning.

Brady and Manning both had cannons.

So is Brady and Manning.

Uhh no

So is Brady and Manning.

No, they did not. They had adequate arm strength. Neither had elite arm strength.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

That's our boy!

Man he looks real small next to Kittle
No, they did not. They had adequate arm strength. Neither had elite arm strength.

Brady's arm strength was better than Manning's. Payton's arm wasn't special at all, but yeah neither were known for elite arm strength.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 30, 2022 at 5:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone