There are 339 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm pulling for this kid. This kid showed BALLS today.
Considering he just got thrown on the field during a big game he did good.

Good Ball velocity, some throws had REALLY good ball placement.

One of those 3 and outs was on Kyle, he had the routs all running away from the hash against a zone with no routs to stretch them across the field. He needed at least 1 rout in the middle of the field.

Purdy look his best just rocking the ball out against pressure. Dude has better ball velocity then I expected.

Young players struggle playing QB, the best QBs in the history of the NFL struggled in their first few starts... it is what it is. Purdy looked better then I expected. Might be something there.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
BP showed poise under pressure, was accurate, and had the offense moving with decent rhythm. He did well in the red zone. With this defense and running game, we have a reasonable shot in any game. At 8-4, this is not the time to quit. Go Niners!

I thought he was great.

was it just me or does it seem like his passes to the sidelines travel up to the top of the stadium and back down?
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
Originally posted by rockzz:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by q0c0p:
Originally posted by Crown:
Whoever needs to hear this - Luck isn't in football shape - have you seen him?

Lol yup. He looks like 170lbs right now

I have not seen him. He lost a lot of weight and strength?

from january
The colts hold his rights even if u juiced him up

Will RG3 consider playing for KYLE again ?
Who needs any stink'n first through fourth round picks!
I think he throws the ball better than lance and jimmy
Originally posted by 9moon:
Will RG3 consider playing for KYLE again ?

He already shouted out Kyle to be backup for Trey this past offseason
One of the realities here we spend $137m for one guy and 3 ones for another guy.. but the secret is KS doesn't really need a QB we throw like 20 times a game. Just run the ball and play D, some short throws to our playmakers a couple times a quarter, simple stuff.. makes you wonder why we invest all that
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
BP showed poise under pressure, was accurate, and had the offense moving with decent rhythm. He did well in the red zone. With this defense and running game, we have a reasonable shot in any game. At 8-4, this is not the time to quit. Go Niners!

I thought he was great.

was it just me or does it seem like his passes to the sidelines travel up to the top of the stadium and back down?

There were a few of them that way! At least he's not handing off to ghosts!
Some questionable throws but that's expected from a rookie. Overall, the kid did good given the circumstances. Hopefully a full week of practice with the 1s will build up his confidence. Huge game coming up against one of the all time greats in TB12.

I have a little bit of measured of confidence in Purdy. Scouting reports say he's four-year college starter, accurate, timing/rhythm-based QB. Not the fastest release though. He should be able to execute the offense similarly to Jimmy... obviously not with the same level of experience and knowledge that Jimmy has, but he should be functional and good enough to allow his teammates to carry him.

We should be able to win some games and get into the playoffs. Not sure about what happens when we get there, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Purdy can do.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
One of the realities here we spend $137m for one guy and 3 ones for another guy.. but the secret is KS doesn't really need a QB we throw like 20 times a game. Just run the ball and play D, some short throws to our playmakers a couple times a quarter, simple stuff.. makes you wonder why we invest all that

Cuz before lance and jimmy, the qbs actually suck lol
  • titan
  • Veteran
Trey just keeps dropping down the depth chart. Lol…I do hope Brock carries our team and becomes great. As of right now I don't care who the QB is that will take us to win our 6th SB ring. But who ever does it first they'll have my loyalty.
  • thl408
Had some accurate, timing short throws that led to YAC. Decent mobility and willingness to fit it into tight windows. Can take a hit to make a throw.

That throw across the body while rolling right, into the middle of the field, should have been a disaster but instead defensive PI to move the chains.

He can game manage this offense while offering a bit of off schedule plays.
  • thl408
Originally posted by titan:
Trey just keeps dropping down the depth chart. Lol…I do hope Brock carries our team and becomes great. As of right now I don't care who the QB is that will take us to win our 6th SB ring. But who ever does it first they'll have my loyalty.

What if Brock doesn't suck and next year there is a QB controversy if Lance struggles?
Share 49ersWebzone