There are 232 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Even the interception wasn't that bad. It was on 4th down, so he might as well take a chance there and at worst, the defender will be stupid enough to catch it and lose yards for their offense. Just wish he saw CMC come out clear from the backfield.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I have a little bit of measured of confidence in Purdy. Scouting reports say he's four-year college starter, accurate, timing/rhythm-based QB. Not the fastest release though. He should be able to execute the offense similarly to Jimmy... obviously not with the same level of experience and knowledge that Jimmy has, but he should be functional and good enough to allow his teammates to carry him.

We should be able to win some games and get into the playoffs. Not sure about what happens when we get there, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Purdy can do.

I feel the same. He performed very well today. As good as I hope Jimmy could have played against the Dolphins.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Why is everyone acting like this kid isn't any good? You do realize all the talent around him, no?

Kid did really good especially after not getting first team reps. He will get better especially when he get those reps moving forward. But you know teams will disguise and bring some exotic coverages to confuse the young guy. Just getting a veteran to help him out now and get ready for the playoff push.. and we know the playoff is a different animal. Not bad to have a vet as this defense is great and the offense has enough weapons to go deep in the playoffs in case the young guy falters. Our backup is Eason who is only here just a couple of weeks right?
Originally posted by thl408:
Had some accurate, timing short throws that led to YAC. Decent mobility and willingness to fit it into tight windows. Can take a hit to make a throw.

That throw across the body while rolling right, into the middle of the field, should have been a disaster but instead defensive PI to move the chains.

He can game manage this offense while offering a bit of off schedule plays.

He threw into some very tight window. Kittle's butterfingers should have been a catch as well
Looking forward to all of the funny stat comparison graphics that FOX will have up before and during the game next Sunday. Brady Vs Purdy
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
Trey just keeps dropping down the depth chart. Lol…I do hope Brock carries our team and becomes great. As of right now I don't care who the QB is that will take us to win our 6th SB ring. But who ever does it first they'll have my loyalty.

What if Brock doesn't suck and next year there is a QB controversy if Lance struggles?

I'm not gonna lie, I've seen more of Brock than I have Lance and honestly I have a lot of confidence from what I saw from Brock today.
Originally posted by titan:
Trey just keeps dropping down the depth chart. Lol…I do hope Brock carries our team and becomes great. As of right now I don't care who the QB is that will take us to win our 6th SB ring. But who ever does it first they'll have my loyalty.

What if Brock doesn't suck and next year there is a QB controversy if Lance struggles?

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Will RG3 consider playing for KYLE again ?

He already shouted out Kyle to be backup for Trey this past offseason

I guess he's a masochist
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
My thoughts on the Jimmy G injury and what to expect from Brock Purdy moving forward...

[ Edited by Shifty on Dec 4, 2022 at 7:45 PM ]

Originally posted by picklejuice:

100% Kyle will use this play action next week and it'll be a 90 yard td.
confidence and first team reps is all he needs

#BlockforBrock

keep his legs unbroken, o-line
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Yes. And hope that other teams don't watch film on him and adjust to his skill set
Was Brock an Adam Peter's pick or Kyle's?
Share 49ersWebzone