There are 265 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I have little confidence in Brock to get us to the playoffs but lets see how he plays against Tampa next week. Tua missed a lot of wide open receivers today. Brady doesn't do that much.
I don't like the fact he's number 13 kind of hard to root for that number it's a bad omen

so with that being said I wish him well and wanna get behind him and support him but his number is just ugly
Originally posted by Pwilly52sf:
I don't like the fact he's number 13 kind of hard to root for that number it's a bad omen

so with that being said I wish him well and wanna get behind him and support him but his number is just ugly

both our starting QBs are out for the year, I don't think we should care about bad omen right now.
Originally posted by Baldie:
I have little confidence in Brock to get us to the playoffs but lets see how he plays against Tampa next week. Tua missed a lot of wide open receivers today. Brady doesn't do that much.

Tampa also scores a td less per game than Miami.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 4, 2022 at 8:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Pwilly52sf:

Lmaooooooo
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Our scoring might take a step back with purdy.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Our scoring might take a step back with purdy.

or could take a step forward, we really don't know.

The team is 8-4, 5 games to go and NFC is ass.
If they win the seattle game, they likely win the division unless they go 1-3 the rest of the way and seattle wins out (pretty unlikely). Ie, it would take an unmitigated disaster to miss the playoffs right now.
Hopefully Purdy was bagging groceries just like Kurt Warner

Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I have a little bit of measured of confidence in Purdy. Scouting reports say he's four-year college starter, accurate, timing/rhythm-based QB. Not the fastest release though. He should be able to execute the offense similarly to Jimmy... obviously not with the same level of experience and knowledge that Jimmy has, but he should be functional and good enough to allow his teammates to carry him.

We should be able to win some games and get into the playoffs. Not sure about what happens when we get there, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Purdy can do.

I feel the same. He performed very well today. As good as I hope Jimmy could have played against the Dolphins.

Right, maybe even better than Jimmy. Brock faced zero coverage and blitzed all game long and held up extremely well.
This guy definitely has confidence I can tell you that, and the team actually loves it. Like after the touchdown drive he was yelling back at the sideline hyped af and Trent williams was so happy for him coming to give him props.
Hes a gamer
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
This guy definitely has confidence I can tell you that, and the team actually loves it. Like after the touchdown drive he was yelling back at the sideline hyped af and Trent williams was so happy for him coming to give him props.

Yup. He seems well liked. This is a situation where all fans (most fans lol) and players are like wtf...but it's nobody's fault. As frustrating as it is you gotta keep playing.

They have nothing to lose and they will let Purdy know that too. It's a different kind of pressure because nobody expects much of anything out of a 7th round pick.
Never say never but the odds that he gets us far are very slim. Not talking s**t about him but that is a lot on a rookies shoulders and history will back up that the likeliest of outcomes is that it doesn't go great for us.

But, what other choice do we have but to hope for the best
Share 49ersWebzone