There are 240 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Never say never but the odds that he gets us far are very slim. Not talking s**t about him but that is a lot on a rookies shoulders and history will back up that the likeliest of outcomes is that it doesn't go great for us.

But, what other choice do we have but to hope for the best

I will say to this, before we lost two super bowls history had us at 100% winning with us being 5-0.
Brock or nothing
Time to grow up fast!
Quote from CMC on JG injury / Purdy

"That was brutal," running back Christian McCaffrey said. "I haven't been around a long time here, but I can't say enough good things about him. ... When you see a guy like Brock come in and did well like that, it's because of Jimmy. It's because of learning from a guy like Jimmy. ... Heartbreaking."
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Dec 4, 2022 at 8:45 PM ]
Hoping this is the next chapter to a crazy story that leads to the SB
Originally posted by mattster03:
Hoping this is the next chapter to a crazy story that leads to the SB

A true Hollywood ending for jimmy GQ.

I can see it now. Maybe that avengers guy playing the role of jimmy G, Chris hemsworth. And that captain america guy playing purdy. And a mouse playing the part of Kyle shannahan. And a Koala playing the part of John lynch.

lets goooo niners
I just love Purdy's situational awareness.

3rd and 1... he throws a touch pass to Deebo, even though he missed Deebo early on it...and be was wide open. Didn't get excited to quickly get it to him... just wanted to make sure he caught it, floated a nice pass to Deebo.

Getting caught on a play fake with a defender right in his face, instead of forcing something.. or getting an incomplete pass (when we are trying to milk the clock for the win)... Purdy instead protects the ball and goes down to keep the clock running.

Of course one of his best passes...zero blitz....stands there and hits Kittle for a big play, and gets destroyed.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 4, 2022 at 9:06 PM ]
He played well. I assume he'll have a few good games until Defenses get some tape on him, a la Nick Mullens. At this point, we probably make the playoffs with 9 wins, definitely 10.

I bet the line for next week will be around a pickem game. Our D can win games.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I just love Purdy's situational awareness.

3rd and 1... he throws a touch pass to Deebo, even though he missed Deebo early on it...and be was wide open. Didn't get excited to quickly get it to him... just wanted to make sure he caught it, floated a nice pass to Deebo.

Getting caught on a play fake with a defender right in his face, instead of forcing something.. or getting an incomplete pass (when we are trying to milk the clock for the win)... Purdy instead protects the ball and goes down to keep the clock running.

Of course one of his best passes...zero blitz....stands there and hits Kittle for a big play, and gets destroyed.

Large cojones.
I believe in Brock Purdy

purdy's best pass was to the end zone that cmc dropped, in between two defenders, slightly behind him, tight window. put it only where he could catch it.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Brock or nothing

Brock by Brock
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Brock or nothing

Brock by Brock

Whatever you do don't let 9moon see this. We will never hear the end of it.
I was there today, we saw Jimmy leave game but honestly not much drop off in production for the game

He played almost 4 full quarters against one of the afc bad boys. He has what it takes.....
Originally posted by JDTical:
purdy's best pass was to the end zone that cmc dropped, in between two defenders, slightly behind him, tight window. put it only where he could catch it.

That or the Kittle vs zero where he got clobbered.

This also sounds like a smallish thing but I don't think it is: I like that he's comfortable taking snaps from under center.
Share 49ersWebzone