There are 202 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by Montana:
Should I order a Big C--k Brock shirt for the Raiders game?

Yes
I like Brock Purdy. Maybe try to get Ryan Fitzpatrick also.
It's a family game so maybe I should order a shirt with an asterisk or two.

13 inch Brock
[ Edited by Montana on Dec 4, 2022 at 10:25 PM ]
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Rewatching the game I love the fire purdy showed. You can tell the team loves his moxy too
Purdy looked really good with time to throw in the pocket hopefully the line will have their s**t together vs Tampa. There were soooo many free rushers today that never even got touched before they hit jimmy/Brock. Burford may have been the glue in pass pro sets because since his injury it just hasn't looked right.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by thl408:
Big Cock Brock
Kyle has already complemented his balls.

Seems overplayed and bad juju since we already tried doing Big Dick Nick.

That's only because there was an existing one.

No one was calling Brock Osweiler Big **** Brock
I like "Purdy Relevant" of all the choices out there so far.

"He was Mr. Irrelevant last week, but he is Purdy Relevant now"
[ Edited by mattster03 on Dec 4, 2022 at 11:08 PM ]
Raiders gunna get some Big C--k Brock Shock
Originally posted by Montana:
Raiders gunna get some Big C--k Brock Shock

I think they were also at the receiving end of the Big Dick Nick Trick a few years back

From before the draft:

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2021/12/24/matt-waldmans-rsp-film-room-no-223-qb-brock-purdy-iowa-state/
One of my favorite things about the NFL Draft is that it can be as much about the beginning of a player's pro story as it is the culmination of an amateur career. Part of a class of quarterbacks that isn't as strong as recent groups, Brock Purdy isn't at the top of the board. If he gets drafted inside the fifth round, I'm betting his camp will consider their pre-draft efforts a success.

Even so, Purdy is the type of talent who could work himself into playing time in 2-3 years. Although I've heard concerns about him anticipating phantom pressure and lacking strong pocket skills, I disagree with the assessment. Based on the six games I've studied closely, Purdy has timely reactions to pressure and a good movement plan.

He does have a habit of throwing off his back foot, but this appears to be rooted the final steps of his drop plan and setup rather than a reaction to pressure. If anything, I've found Purdy to wait a beat longer than necessary to deliver targets that will be breaking open and this invites more pressure into the throwing process.

Purdy excels at maneuvering from pressure in a variety of ways. He'll climb, flush, side-step, and roll from multiple points of pressure. He also incorporates timely pump fakes to bait defenders.

He's not an elite runner, but he will move the chains in the NFL. He's a good fit right now for teams like the Colts and Eagles who target the middle of the field and use quick-hitting play-action throws. If Purdy can make moderate gains with his velocity, he could fit well in the Shanahan-Stefanski style of West Coast offenses.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
In 20 years we will have an NFL special on all the QBs drafted before Purdy.

I realize the unlikelihood of us winning a SB with Purdy. But I also realize the NFL's hunger for a great story. And how could you ask for a better story than Mr Irrelevant winning a SB his rookie year?
rewatched the highlights. This Mofo made some elite throws and was way better than Tua. Give this kid some time and we might have something.
His "moxie" bugs me a little. Dude practically saying he should be starter. Screaming after every positive play. Not seeing too much even keel. Reminds me of mullen. Hope he settles down and stays humble..
Share 49ersWebzone