There are 234 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
His "moxie" bugs me a little. Dude practically saying he should be starter. Screaming after every positive play. Not seeing too much even keel. Reminds me of mullen. Hope he settles down and stays humble..

Reminds me of Young.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
He was better than Tua clearly but it´s just one game. We talk a lot about the open guys Jimmy G misses but at the end of the game Purdy made a big mistake by missing Kroft on third and one and throwing outside to Kittle. It was still first down so good play but Kroft was open deep for a big play and maybe a TD. That being said the kid fought all game. He had to scramble a lot behind that bad O-Line and he did some great passes. This win was really important and kudos to Brock Purdy to have been ready for this moment.
Brock Purdy:
A Walmart version of Jimmy G (which is good) with a little bit more mobility.
[ Edited by picklejuice on Dec 5, 2022 at 1:41 AM ]
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
His "moxie" bugs me a little. Dude practically saying he should be starter. Screaming after every positive play. Not seeing too much even keel. Reminds me of mullen. Hope he settles down and stays humble..

Reminds me of Young.

Steve Young had 2? 3? Years starting before arriving. He sat for 2 years behind joe. He didnt start his rookie year and declare it was meant to be. Neither did joe btw who sat for 18 months. Purdys attitude is a little delusional. Hope he settles down and has the temperament to fight through adversity.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Dec 5, 2022 at 1:24 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Honest if he can play like that consistently we make the playoffs. But lose when we get there.

Same with Jimmy.

So might as well watch a different movie and see if it also has a shifty ending or not.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He played well. I assume he'll have a few good games until Defenses get some tape on him, a la Nick Mullens. At this point, we probably make the playoffs with 9 wins, definitely 10.

I bet the line for next week will be around a pickem game. Our D can win games.

maybe..... Well probably...happens to soooo many NFL QBs.

I rewatched some of that game, 3 things stuck out to me.

1. some of those passes should have been easy, and they looked harder then they should have been.

2. Dude has some ball velocity and can get the ball into traffic.

3. I don't recall seeing that far hash bullet to the outside type throw.

Guys like Mullens, Ken Dorsey come to mind... they looked good early and then defenses adapted. They lacked arm to keep the timing on schedule. Purdy looks like he might have an actual NFL level arm, all his high heat stuff with close to the LOS over the middle. Maybe guys that seen him a lot more then I have can comment on it.

I am cautiously optimistic... (but i normally am until i decide i don't like the player)

This the type of energy Purdy brings.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
maybe..... Well probably...happens to soooo many NFL QBs.

I rewatched some of that game, 3 things stuck out to me.

1. some of those passes should have been easy, and they looked harder then they should have been.

2. Dude has some ball velocity and can get the ball into traffic.

3. I don't recall seeing that far hash bullet to the outside type throw.

Guys like Mullens, Ken Dorsey come to mind... they looked good early and then defenses adapted. They lacked arm to keep the timing on schedule. Purdy looks like he might have an actual NFL level arm, all his high heat stuff with close to the LOS over the middle. Maybe guys that seen him a lot more then I have can comment on it.

I am cautiously optimistic... (but i normally am until i decide i don't like the player)

He often tried, and a majority of the time succeeded, in fitting the ball into tight windows. I'm cautiously optimistic as well, but today was not the let down I was expecting after JG got hurt.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Honest if he can play like that consistently we make the playoffs. But lose when we get there.

Same with Jimmy.

So might as well watch a different movie and see if it also has a shifty ending or not.

Right. Nothing really changed
I got it, I know what shirt I want.

Purdy Hate Machine /thread.

Head like a hole
Black as Tom's mole
I'd rather dive
Then give you control

I am totally getting this shirt. It's going to rock like Brock

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
From before the draft:

... Although I've heard concerns about him anticipating phantom pressure and lacking strong pocket skills, I disagree with the assessment. Based on the six games I've studied closely, Purdy has timely reactions to pressure and a good movement plan.

He does have a habit of throwing off his back foot, but this appears to be rooted the final steps of his drop plan and setup rather than a reaction to pressure. If anything, I've found Purdy to wait a beat longer than necessary to deliver targets that will be breaking open and this invites more pressure into the throwing process.

Purdy excels at maneuvering from pressure in a variety of ways. He'll climb, flush, side-step, and roll from multiple points of pressure. He also incorporates timely pump fakes to bait defenders.

He's not an elite runner, but he will move the chains in the NFL. He's a good fit right now for teams like the Colts and Eagles who target the middle of the field and use quick-hitting play-action throws. If Purdy can make moderate gains with his velocity, he could fit well in the Shanahan-Stefanski style of West Coast offenses.
Quite close to what we saw actually. Even the phantom pressure thing happened on that play where he turned into the oncoming defender.
Why am I so awesome that I came up with that? This is the shirt gunna be rocking at the Raiders game.

Watch and learn from the Purdy Hate Machine.
Originally posted by Gorewhore21:
I was there today, we saw Jimmy leave game but honestly not much drop off in production for the game

He played almost 4 full quarters against one of the afc bad boys. He has what it takes.....

You thought Mullens was the second coming didn't you.
So we're hating on Purdy for being confident in himself now? You guys are seriously broken inside. That's what a QB is supposed to look like, confident in himself.
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
MR HIGHLY RELEVANT

Purdy Relevant
This is his nickname moving forward
Share 49ersWebzone