Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
MR HIGHLY RELEVANT

Purdy Relevant
This is his nickname moving forward

Big cock Brock….thread.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
So we're hating on Purdy for being confident in himself now? You guys are seriously broken inside. That's what a QB is supposed to look like, confident in himself.

I'm not. Be confident Brock. Show them all.
I remember back in 2018/2019 Purdy was generating buzz as a 1st round pick. Overall the lack of the elite skill set showed up more and more, he couldn't mask that at Iowa St… arm talent and size just aren't there…overall kid has the moxy, football IQ and is pretty accurate.

IMO we weren't winning a Super Bowl with Jimmy either. Brock just needs to run the place and distributable the ball. They will still be in a ton of games imo.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
His "moxie" bugs me a little. Dude practically saying he should be starter. Screaming after every positive play. Not seeing too much even keel. Reminds me of mullen. Hope he settles down and stays humble..

Reminds me of Young.

Steve Young had 2? 3? Years starting before arriving. He sat for 2 years behind joe. He didnt start his rookie year and declare it was meant to be. Neither did joe btw who sat for 18 months. Purdys attitude is a little delusional. Hope he settles down and has the temperament to fight through adversity.

Nah. He wasn't overconfident. But he was confident, and that shows leadership. I don't want a dejected backup coming in with a "why me" attitude. I want someone that wants to play, and shows accountability. There was a play where he missed Deebo and then they showed in slow motion he was apologizing to him for missing him. That's not someone I'm worried about.

you know what kind of attitude worries you ? When you ask like Zach Wilson and pretend everything else is the problem, and not you…thank god we don't have that.
Work this week means prepping for his first NFL start next Sunday. Against Tom Brady.
"Pretty cool," he told me. "The GOAT. He's been playing football longer than I've been alive."

damn I like this kid lol
Originally posted by DrEll:
His "moxie" bugs me a little. Dude practically saying he should be starter. Screaming after every positive play. Not seeing too much even keel. Reminds me of mullen. Hope he settles down and stays humble..

Reminds me of Young.

Steve Young had 2? 3? Years starting before arriving. He sat for 2 years behind joe. He didnt start his rookie year and declare it was meant to be. Neither did joe btw who sat for 18 months. Purdys attitude is a little delusional. Hope he settles down and has the temperament to fight through adversity.

Nah. He wasn't overconfident. But he was confident, and that shows leadership. I don't want a dejected backup coming in with a "why me" attitude. I want someone that wants to play, and shows accountability. There was a play where he missed Deebo and then they showed in slow motion he was apologizing to him for missing him. That's not someone I'm worried about.

you know what kind of attitude worries you ? When you ask like Zach Wilson and pretend everything else is the problem, and not you…thank god we don't have that.

II get I get that. Prefer Brock project quiet confidence and an even Keel attitude. Not screaming when it passes successful or getting pissed off when someone drops the ball.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Dec 5, 2022 at 4:38 AM ]
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Honest if he can play like that consistently we make the playoffs. But lose when we get there.

Same with Jimmy.

So might as well watch a different movie and see if it also has a shifty ending or not.

Right. Nothing really changed

We definitely go further with Jimmy G. With a chance to win.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We definitely go further with Jimmy G. With a chance to win.

obviously
Originally posted by DrEll:

Reminds me of Young.

II get I get that. Prefer Brock project quiet confidence and an even Keel attitude. Not screaming when it passes successful or getting pissed off when someone drops the ball.

You watched Alex Smith too long. I hated how he had no fire. I want my QB to show that he's into the game
My bar was low on Purdy coming in cold for Jimmy, and all rookie qb first year, first game for that matter. I kept looking for the deer in the headlights look to Purdy, but it wasn't evident. He was actually slinging it at times.

Impressive redzone plays, and especially that one down the middle to Kittle with free rusher up the middle trynna separate him from his arm. On the money to Kittle to convert a 3rd down with 50 seconds left before half time.

We got a gunslinger in Purdy, if they can curb him from making risky throws too early or often, we might have something. I keep thinking Romo or Cousins

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
My bar was low on Purdy coming in cold for Jimmy, and all rookie qb first year, first game for that matter. I kept looking for the deer in the headlights look to Purdy, but it wasn't evident. He was actually slinging it at times.

Impressive redzone plays, and especially that one down the middle to Kittle with free rusher up the middle trynna separate him from his arm. On the money to Kittle to convert a 3rd down with 50 seconds left before half time.

We got a gunslinger in Purdy, if they can curb him from making risky throws too early or often, we might have something. I keep thinking Romo or Cousins

Agreed, that pass really stuck out to me. He knew he was gonna get leveled and he stuck in there and delivered. There was another pass where he threaded the needle (don't remember to who) between two defenders in a really tight window and he did it with zip and confidence
I realize the unlikelihood of us winning a SB with Purdy. But I also realize the NFL's hunger for a great story. And how could you ask for a better story than Mr Irrelevant winning a SB his rookie year?

That would be the best story since Kurt Warner 1999.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
I realize the unlikelihood of us winning a SB with Purdy. But I also realize the NFL's hunger for a great story. And how could you ask for a better story than Mr Irrelevant winning a SB his rookie year?

That would be the best story since Kurt Warner 1999.

Purdy cool
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

His College highlights plays look pretty good on YouTube. He reads the field pretty well and throws an accurate ball. No idea what he will be for us. But honestly his play looks better than 7th round in College. Multiple year starter too. He has a lot of playing experience. He probably dropped for not being tall. But some arm talent there.
Would you say he has a quick release? it seems like it from what I have seen, but I could be wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone