There are 207 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
His "moxie" bugs me a little. Dude practically saying he should be starter. Screaming after every positive play. Not seeing too much even keel. Reminds me of mullen. Hope he settles down and stays humble..

If you have a quarterback on your roster that DOESN'T want to be a starter, you don't have a quarterback, you have a clipboard holder.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
His "moxie" bugs me a little. Dude practically saying he should be starter. Screaming after every positive play. Not seeing too much even keel. Reminds me of mullen. Hope he settles down and stays humble..

If you have a quarterback on your roster that DOESN'T want to be a starter, you don't have a quarterback, you have a clipboard holder.

Works for Chase Daniel

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
MR HIGHLY RELEVANT

Purdy Relevant
This is his nickname moving forward

Big cock Brock….thread.

Love it!
Dude is a Capricorn. (Not that I really believe in that stuff but) We know how to get s**t done. 9ers gunna win and win muchly
[ Edited by Montana on Dec 5, 2022 at 5:45 AM ]

Yup. Everyone should believe they are the best. If they don't what's the point.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Works for Chase Daniel

Which is why Purdy in his first career game just had a better performance than any Daniel has ever had. I'm not arguing that you can't be paid well being a clipboard holder, Daniel obviously has, you just know that your season is done if he has to see any meaningful playing time.
Am I saying Purdy will be the next Brady? Absolutely not. Am I saying our season got any easier? Absolutely not.

But what I don't get is this sudden notion from half the NFL fanbase that we have zero chance of winning the Super Bowl now. The only metric that says we won't is that no rookie QB has ever gotten to one. That's it. Otherwise, a meh QB has entered the season in December and won it (Nick Foles), a QB acquired lower than the last pick in the draft has won it (Kurt Warner) and a QB that had a negative impact for his team won it (Trent Dilfer). All within this century.

Purdy looked good against a good team and he played practically the whole game yesterday. He even looked good in the preseason too minus one play. The only time he didn't look so good was in mop-up duty against the Chiefs, but I care more about 3.5 very relevant quarters yesterday than I do 0.5 garbage time quarters two months ago.

We love Jimmy, and he was playing well this year, but the majority of people already forgot that he has been awful in the playoffs. Downright putrid. A 74 passer rating and his best game was the loss to the Rams where we scored 17. From that perspective, I don't see how Purdy can be much of a downgrade, and we're still 4-2 in the playoffs with Jimmy being atrocious in basically every one of those games.

Maybe teams will watch tape and Purdy will magically suck next week or within a month, idk. But to say the season is already done is ludicrous. We're 8-4 and Purdy looked confident, poised, mobile enough to escape pressure and accurate enough to make tight throws, all against a good team for virtually the whole game. I'm going to wait until the season is done before throwing in the towel. There's a first for everything in this league.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Dec 5, 2022 at 6:18 AM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
He reminded me of Taylor Heinicke. You can tell he is a gamer.
From before the draft:

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2021/12/24/matt-waldmans-rsp-film-room-no-223-qb-brock-purdy-iowa-state/
One of my favorite things about the NFL Draft is that it can be as much about the beginning of a player's pro story as it is the culmination of an amateur career. Part of a class of quarterbacks that isn't as strong as recent groups, Brock Purdy isn't at the top of the board. If he gets drafted inside the fifth round, I'm betting his camp will consider their pre-draft efforts a success.

Even so, Purdy is the type of talent who could work himself into playing time in 2-3 years. Although I've heard concerns about him anticipating phantom pressure and lacking strong pocket skills, I disagree with the assessment. Based on the six games I've studied closely, Purdy has timely reactions to pressure and a good movement plan.

He does have a habit of throwing off his back foot, but this appears to be rooted the final steps of his drop plan and setup rather than a reaction to pressure. If anything, I've found Purdy to wait a beat longer than necessary to deliver targets that will be breaking open and this invites more pressure into the throwing process.

Purdy excels at maneuvering from pressure in a variety of ways. He'll climb, flush, side-step, and roll from multiple points of pressure. He also incorporates timely pump fakes to bait defenders.

He's not an elite runner, but he will move the chains in the NFL. He's a good fit right now for teams like the Colts and Eagles who target the middle of the field and use quick-hitting play-action throws. If Purdy can make moderate gains with his velocity, he could fit well in the Shanahan-Stefanski style of West Coast offenses.

I enjoyed watching that. Just needs some fine tuning. Bring it on Brock
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Work this week means prepping for his first NFL start next Sunday. Against Tom Brady.
"Pretty cool," he told me. "The GOAT. He's been playing football longer than I've been alive."

damn I like this kid lol

Right? I was like did he just say that? Based.

Originally posted by titan:
He reminded me of Taylor Heinicke. You can tell he is a gamer.

Lol. This is exactly what I was thinking. Heinicke 2.0. But I kinda like Heinicke, so that's good.
Based Big C--k Brock. I see somethin kinda special in this kid idk. He got somethin'.
I don't care what anyone says, this is the one team that's built to win the SB with a rookie QB.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I don't care what anyone says, this is the one team that's built to win the SB with a rookie QB.

With Brock all things are possible.
I think one extra cool thing for Purdy is that the entire fanbase should be behind him. He is not Trey and he is not Jimmy. He is literally our last chance (unless we ressurect some big free agent) with this superbowl caliber team... so you gotta root for this underdog story if you are a fan.
[ Edited by mattster03 on Dec 5, 2022 at 6:45 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone