There are 238 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by kray28:
Mayfield behind Purdy would be a big distraction. Don't need it. We need to just go all in on Purdy and give him all the support he needs to make this work. LFG.

Pretty much this is it.

No it isn't.

Who cares what you think? I will tell you, we are definitely not getting Baker.
[ Edited by kray28 on Dec 5, 2022 at 8:16 AM ]
Give the kid a chance, he deserves it!
Got to love 49ers fans... Would rather go with the 7th round rookie with one start over the guy with a playoff win in Baker.
Mayfield behind Purdy would be a big distraction. Don't need it. We need to just go all in on Purdy and give him all the support he needs to make this work. LFG.

Pretty much this is it.

No it isn't.

You think an organization that brought back its former starting QB as it's backup this year give two flying f**ks about perceived distractions from dumbass fans?
Purdy is probably a more ready to go QB than Trey is at this point since he played a lot more in College. Trey should be the better QB in the long run, but you never know.
[ Edited by SlipAndSlideBosa on Dec 5, 2022 at 8:23 AM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Got to love 49ers fans... Would rather go with the 7th round rookie with one start over the guy with a playoff win in Baker.

Baker don't know the offense like Purdy.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

They are already going to have to dumb is down for Purdy.

I think baker started and won a playoff game if I'm not mistaken.

Don't let your hate and disdain blind you from clear and obvious decision that needs to be made. If bakers available you gotta sign him. The guys an annoying dude but he can help.

if somehow trey is available we roll with what we got so he can at least get some experience. But if trey is out we sign baker crapfield
[ Edited by Jubwub88 on Dec 5, 2022 at 8:25 AM ]

Pretty much this is it.

No it isn't.

You think an organization that brought back its former starting QB as it's backup this year give two flying f**ks about perceived distractions from dumbass fans?

This.

Yeah I don't see Baker coming in and being much better, if any.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

That's the thing we don't know till we try. And it won't hurt us any. What have we got to lose?
Bring in Baker (after a discerning talk with Lynch). Humble him. Make him learn a good portion of the playbook. Make him KNOW he's a backup. Bosa will keep him in line if he gets mouthy.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

That is a bold assumption.
Some of us who lived through the JT O'Sullivan days know how easily things can be a flash in the pan. Gotta be prepared and when a former 1st overall pick gets released when you lose 2 starters you gotta take a swing
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
Some of us who lived through the JT O'Sullivan days know how easily things can be a flash in the pan. Gotta be prepared and when a former 1st overall pick gets released when you lose 2 starters you gotta take a swing

I absolutely think Purdy can be a good game manager, but I also wholeheartedly agree with this, too.
Share 49ersWebzone