There are 250 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Baker would need an offseason to see if he could work in thus offense
Originally posted by cortana49:
Bring in Baker (after a discerning talk with Lynch). Humble him. Make him learn a good portion of the playbook. Make him KNOW he's a backup. Bosa will keep him in line if he gets mouthy.

And I agree have CMC and bosa beat his ass in a meeting and tell him to Stfu and backup purdy
Originally posted by Jcool:
That is a bold assumption.

This however is not a bold assumption:

If the team can handle it, I'd take 2020 Baker Mayfied, no question. Better playoff stats than Jimmy G too...
If he made it to their waiver spot, Mayfield would easily top the list of available QBs for the 49ers. You're not going to find a more experienced/talented backup. As bad as Mayfield has looked in Carolina, he's still a step up from Josh Johnson who is a career #3 QB.

I also don't see him being an issue in the locker room. At this point, being bounced from Cleveland and Carolina, he'd have to be on sociopathic levels of DGAF to not be humbled by his experiences.
Bring in Baker (after a discerning talk with Lynch). Humble him. Make him learn a good portion of the playbook. Make him KNOW he's a backup. Bosa will keep him in line if he gets mouthy.

I don't believe he needs it after being bounced from Cleveland and Carolina. Going from those teams to the 49ers is like being booted from out of a really s**tty trailer park and somehow winding up in a luxurious waterfront mansion.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Who said Mayfield has been good this year? I would rather hope his problems were with the mess in Carolina and roll with a guy who won a playoff game recently. Then hope a 7th round rookie becomes the next Tom Brady.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I don't believe he needs it after being bounced from Cleveland and Carolina. Going from those teams to the 49ers is like being booted from out of a really s**tty trailer park and somehow winding up in a luxurious waterfront mansion.

I'm fine with bringing him in as a Backup, but if he has to finish the season for us, then I'm just going to assume the season is done. Unless the defense shuts out all the opponents and they also provide all the scoring.
He's Purdy....Puuuurdy.....Purdy good
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Got to love 49ers fans... Would rather go with the 7th round rookie with one start over the guy with a playoff win in Baker.

Baker don't know the offense like Purdy.

Yeah I don't see Baker coming in and being much better, if any.

Exactly! Personally, I just don't think bringing in a QB, at this point in the season, who don't know the offence, is the best move. Bringing in Josh Johnson to backup Purdy is perfect because at least he has familiarity to Shanny's scheme. I think the best move is to stick with Purdy for the rest of the season and lean on the defense. With all this talent on offense we should still be able to win. I get it, a rookie QB hasn't done it. But this team is built to do it.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Who said Mayfield has been good this year? I would rather hope his problems were with the mess in Carolina and roll with a guy who won a playoff game recently. Then hope a 7th round rookie becomes the next Tom Brady.

I love what I saw yesterday in Brock. But it's a fairytale story. We need another insurance card. He has chemistry with CMC. Do it. It doesn't mean Brock can't start.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Dec 5, 2022 at 8:48 AM ]
I'm telling you, the 49ers are gonna shock the world and win the SB with a rookie QB. Book it!
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I'm fine with bringing him in as a Backup, but if he has to finish the season for us, then I'm just going to assume the season is done. Unless the defense shuts out all the opponents and they also provide all the scoring.

I'm looking at more like...they've already lost two QBs. If something happens to Purdy, who inspires more confidence, a guy with 60+ starts and a playoff win...or Josh Johnson.
Would be great if Mr last pick of the draft beats Mr 7x SB champ. I know it's not Brady vs Purdy, but it would still be neat.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

I'm looking at more like...they've already lost two QBs. If something happens to Purdy, who inspires more confidence, a guy with 60+ starts and a playoff win...or Josh Johnson.

I think we're done done after Purdy regardless. Josh Johnson probably better for the QB room which helps Purdy.

But I can't say you're wrong in wanting Baker over JJ.
Share 49ersWebzone