QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
That is a bold assumption.

This however is not a bold assumption:

Who said Mayfield has been good this year? I would rather hope his problems were with the mess in Carolina and roll with a guy who won a playoff game recently. Then hope a 7th round rookie becomes the next Tom Brady.

I love what I saw yesterday in Brock. But it's a fairytale story. We need another insurance card. He has chemistry with CMC. Do it. It doesn't mean Brock can't start.

Bosa might flip a table if we sign Baker. I think he hates the guy
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
That is a bold assumption.

This however is not a bold assumption:

Who said Mayfield has been good this year? I would rather hope his problems were with the mess in Carolina and roll with a guy who won a playoff game recently. Then hope a 7th round rookie becomes the next Tom Brady.

I love what I saw yesterday in Brock. But it's a fairytale story. We need another insurance card. He has chemistry with CMC. Do it. It doesn't mean Brock can't start.

Bosa might flip a table if we sign Baker. I think he hates the guy

Might get him angry enough to do this on the field.

Put all your fan mojo on Brock Purdy the dark horse getting help from the NFL and officiating

NFL media is spinning it as an impossible dream and bigger than Bradys 1st SB

It would be huuuuuuge money and content generator for NFL
So anyone picking up Purdy in fantasy?
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Put all your fan mojo on Brock Purdy the dark horse getting help from the NFL and officiating

NFL media is spinning it as an impossible dream and bigger than Bradys 1st SB

It would be huuuuuuge money and content generator for NFL

100 percent. A kid from AZ who played out his full college commitment to Iowa State. He is the quietessential underdog we love to hear about. Becasue we can tell out kiddos see, if you work hard you got a chance. I also think him stating he has faith in the lord will play well with some higher ups.
Brock deserves to start. He's put in the work.

The only way you get Baker is if he clears waivers and agrees to be the backup. He was playing OK in the past, and could be better than Josh Johnson, but that's not saying much.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We definitely go further with Jimmy G. With a chance to win.

obviously

Oh you mean with Jimmy's stellar playoff performance history...

Yeah sure obviously.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Brock deserves to start. He's put in the work.

The only way you get Baker is if he clears waivers and agrees to be the backup. He was playing OK in the past, and could be better than Josh Johnson, but that's not saying much.
I thought he was released, not waived ?

if released we don't have to wait for him to clear. would be interesting if he joined the 49ers
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
So anyone picking up Purdy in fantasy?
picked him with my last pick
  • thl408
FYI there is a Baker thread in the Free Agency forum.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

if released we don't have to wait for him to clear. would be interesting if he joined the 49ers

After the trade deadline, pretty sure everyone has to go through waivers. I might be wrong though.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

After the trade deadline, pretty sure everyone has to go through waivers. I might be wrong though.

I believe it depends on number of years accrued in the league, doesn't it?
Originally posted by BYisGod:

Normally but after the trade deadline they lock it up so teams can't do these workaround deals to put a player in a specific destination.

Yep.

If a team waives a player after the deadline, the player is subject to the waiver claim process, which is done by reverse order of the NFL standings
Originally posted by kray28:
Who cares what you think? I will tell you, we are definitely not getting Baker.

I agree No Baker
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by BYisGod:

Normally but after the trade deadline they lock it up so teams can't do these workaround deals to put a player in a specific destination.

Yep.

If a team waives a player after the deadline, the player is subject to the waiver claim process, which is done by reverse order of the NFL standings

Damn. Well, that sucks.
Share 49ersWebzone