There are 221 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Brock deserves to start. He's put in the work.

The only way you get Baker is if he clears waivers and agrees to be the backup. He was playing OK in the past, and could be better than Josh Johnson, but that's not saying much.
100% brock should be the starting quarterback for the rest of the year but let's be honest we've already lost two starting quarterbacks and Brock was getting smashed yesterday there's no guarantee he makes it through the year. Not much you can do if you have to go to your fourth quarterback but to get someone with playing experience would be nice for insurance.
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
Originally posted by kray28:
Who cares what you think? I will tell you, we are definitely not getting Baker.

I agree No Baker

The pressure this young man must be feeling has to be fricken insane. It won't be long to we find out if it makes him or breaks him. He seems pretty calm on the field so I'm hoping for the best. Go get em Brock!!

The only way you get Baker is if he clears waivers and agrees to be the backup. He was playing OK in the past, and could be better than Josh Johnson, but that's not saying much.

Baker is better than Brock imo. That also doesn't mean I want Baker either. Honestly I never thought we were winning a SB with Jimmy all the same.

whomever is the QB this yr, they need to be able to manage the game and limit TOs. This team (this season) is all about defense and getting the ball into the playmakers hands. I think baker at the very least has an NFL caliber arm. Brock not so much.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Baker is better than Brock imo. That also doesn't mean I want Baker either. Honestly I never thought we were winning a SB with Jimmy all the same.

whomever is the QB this yr, they need to be able to manage the game and limit TOs. This team (this season) is all about defense and getting the ball into the playmakers hands. I think baker at the very least has an NFL caliber arm. Brock not so much.

not sure how to even compare them.
Straight up rookie just has so many unknowns.
I look at a Josh Allen or Aikman that had rough first years.

I also think of Warner or Flutie or Garcia that came unconventionally yet were able to make some noise in the league.
Only time will tell with Purdy we gotta see how he plays when we go play on the road 🛣️ can he play in a hostile environment I say our defense is elite n he goes against them is even greater preparation I just hope we can sustain this play through out the playoffs sucks to lose your starting QB'S
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Damn. Well, that sucks.

Id be surprised if any team wants to take on the rest of that contract. I think he gets through waivers and if the 49ers have interest, they'd be his best destination by far.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Damn. Well, that sucks.

Id be surprised if any team wants to take on the rest of that contract. I think he gets through waivers and if the 49ers have interest, they'd be his best destination by far.

I mentioned this in a different thread, but Baker asked to be released. The timing is too coincidental. I believe he wants to be here.

The Matt Ryan speculation is also interesting. The next 24-48 hours could be fun.
I mentioned this in a different thread, but Baker asked to be released. The timing is too coincidental. I believe he wants to be here.

The Matt Ryan speculation is also interesting. The next 24-48 hours could be fun.

Also Baker played in Stefanski's offense which is the Kubiak variant of the Shanahan offense so there'd be a lot of familiarity, enough to hit the ground running as a solid backup. Of course, that is also reason for why the Rams might want to claim him as well. Stafford is down for the year and Wolford is the s**ts.

Eitheway, Purdy should be the starter unless he plays himself out if it. For a rookie he seems to have a tremendous amount of confidence. I hope he continues to play well.
He looks like he has Montana-level belief in himself.Lets hope his confidence stays high.I think he will give his best against Brady and company.
Originally posted by Silky:
Would be great if Mr last pick of the draft beats Mr 7x SB champ. I know it's not Brady vs Purdy, but it would still be neat.

I got a good feeling about this kid.
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
The pressure this young man must be feeling has to be fricken insane. It won't be long to we find out if it makes him or breaks him. He seems pretty calm on the field so I'm hoping for the best. Go get em Brock!!

They threw a ton of pressure at him this game and he picked it up well, imo, had good footwork, field vision, didn't get a ton of passes batted down, etc...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Also Baker played in Stefanski's offense which is the Kubiak variant of the Shanahan offense so there'd be a lot of familiarity, enough to hit the ground running as a solid backup. Of course, that is also reason for why the Rams might want to claim him as well. Stafford is down for the year and Wolford is the s**ts.

Eitheway, Purdy should be the starter unless he plays himself out if it. For a rookie he seems to have a tremendous amount of confidence. I hope he continues to play well.

Excellent point re: Stefanski's offense. For what it's worth, it does sound like our Kubiak is finding his voice within the building. Something to keep an eye on.
Niners open up as 3 point favorites against the Bucs
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Niners open up as 3 point favorites against the Bucs

Nice. I can't wait to see Bosa Vs a statue QB.
Share 49ersWebzone