There are 280 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

it's true, but it's camp and preseason where the 2nd and below guys get more preseason game time

mr irrelevant best 49ers QB in camp. Some QB just have it, hopefully he's one of them. Yesterday he certainly played like the stage wasn't too big for him.

LFG!!!
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

"Golf clap from Bosa" 💀
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Purdy is not a 4th or 5th rd pick, he is the last pick. Just lucky that the Dolphins were a little taken aback, and didn't know how to adjust once Jimmy G. went down. He played well, what else can you ask for.
Tampa Bay will prepare for him, and once again, it all rests on the defense & the running game.

Somehow, at this point, get into the playoffs, that's the first most difficult part. After that, just see how far we can go.

The problem with the Dolphins adjustments was that they forgot Purdy started for four years. He probably saw the constant cover zero as an opportunity to attack, not something to fear.

I don't know if he is built that way or as with late round picks, nothing to lose mentality, so go for it. People usually tighten up once some serious responsibility is placed on them, and they start getting attention and all that. As for the one game he played, very poised for sure, which was surprising.
A true test (luckily comes fast) is on Sunday, a team that has a good defense, well coached, etc.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

Better than raw Trey Lance and backup Nate Sudfeld. Good to know, but doesn't necessarily mean much.

Well, when you put it that way, I guess. Although, Nate was is a seasoned vet and Lance in his second year. So it means something being mr irrelevant.

Don't rain on my parade.
Purdy is not a 4th or 5th rd pick, he is the last pick. Just lucky that the Dolphins were a little taken aback, and didn't know how to adjust once Jimmy G. went down. He played well, what else can you ask for.
Tampa Bay will prepare for him, and once again, it all rests on the defense & the running game.

Somehow, at this point, get into the playoffs, that's the first most difficult part. After that, just see how far we can go.

The problem with the Dolphins adjustments was that they forgot Purdy started for four years. He probably saw the constant cover zero as an opportunity to attack, not something to fear.

I don't know if he is built that way or as with late round picks, nothing to lose mentality, so go for it. People usually tighten up once some serious responsibility is placed on them, and they start getting attention and all that. As for the one game he played, very poised for sure, which was surprising.
A true test (luckily comes fast) is on Sunday, a team that has a good defense, well coached, etc.

Purdy is playing with house money, he ain't got nothing to lose.

those practice reps showed yesterday. Keep it going youngin!
don't start the paralysis by analysis.. Just keep playing your game BP.

2 wins will probably get it done. And both the Bucs and Seahawks will have minimal prep time to scout Purdy.
Same as Jimmy except that he showed mobility.
"No team has won the Super Bowl with a rookie starting quarterback" but there is Brock Purdy and a championship D and CMC with KS calling the plays, he could get it done, the next 4 games will be telling 🤣

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

2 wins will probably get it done. And both the Bucs and Seahawks will have minimal prep time to scout Purdy.

As long as one of the wins is against SEA. if we won 2 and 1 is against SEA that would mean SEA has to win every game except us to beat us
I read they're calling him BCB in the locker room
I like Purdy's Gunslinger mentality way more than Jimmy Gs proven and league known limitations, KS will definitely be able to open up the play book much more with Purdy 👍
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Jaguars fans were excited on Minchew at one point. Same for Panthers fans on Kyle Allen. Same for Niners fans on Nick Mullens.

Not sure if Purdy will be anything more than a good back up QB in his career. To say there is not much of a drop off between Purdy and Jimmy G after one game is simply insane. I certainly hope I am wrong.

There wasn't in ONE game. But the NFL is about to have film on him, and he's about to experience a week's worth of high pressure.

If Brock turned out to be Minshew, that's not a terrible outcome at all, that would be a major W for the last pick in the draft. Minshew made plays happen on a bad roster. He's maybe not a franchise QB but if your starter goes down, he's someone you feel good about starting a handful of games for you.

If the 49ers had Minshew right now, I'd feel a lot better about their odds overall.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

As long as one of the wins is against SEA. if we won 2 and 1 is against SEA that would mean SEA has to win every game except us to beat us

Yep, that Seattle game will be key.

Team will need to rally around Purdy like the Patriots did when Bledsoe went down.
Share 49ersWebzone