There are 274 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

those practice reps showed yesterday. Keep it going youngin!

2 wins will probably get it done. And both the Bucs and Seahawks will have minimal prep time to scout Purdy.

Yep we win against the Bucs and the Seahawks, that should put us in the Playoffs unless complete disaster strikes afterwards.

If we beat the Bucs, Seahawks and Commanders, we are 100% in the playoffs. And hosting a playoff game.

One game at a time, but Brock did impress in pre season and made Sudfield expendable despite a $2M signing bonus. That's not an easy decision to make. Let's give Brock his shot and hope he's more like Kurt Warner than Nick Mullen's.

I am not all that worried about the Bucs offense. I think we will win convincingly as long as we do not turn the ball over.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

It was nice to see rookie come in keep NFL type offense going instead of switching to QB power run plays.
Yep we win against the Bucs and the Seahawks, that should put us in the Playoffs unless complete disaster strikes afterwards.

If the 9ers beat Tampa and Seattle they are in the playoffs. Seattle won't win at KC and we'd have the tiebreaker even at 10 wins. Not only that they'd be the 3 seed no matter what.
Brock Purdy is now going to be more experienced and even more primed than Lance at this point going into next season.
One game at a time, but Brock did impress in pre season and made Sudfield expendable despite a $2M signing bonus. That's not an easy decision to make. Let's give Brock his shot and hope he's more like Kurt Warner than Nick Mullen's.

Though that is not an excessive amount of money, it is significant that they viewed Purdy as superior.
Originally posted by dj43:

Though that is not an excessive amount of money, it is significant that they viewed Purdy as superior.

I bet that is a testament to Purdy's intelligence and ability to pick up the offense really quickly.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Brock Purdy is now going to be more experienced and even more primed than Lance at this point going into next season.

Setting up a quarterback controversy the moment Lance has a '3 and out'. I'm ready for it.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

those practice reps showed yesterday. Keep it going youngin!

2 wins will probably get it done. And both the Bucs and Seahawks will have minimal prep time to scout Purdy.

If we beat the Bucs, Seahawks and Commanders, we are 100% in the playoffs. And hosting a playoff game.

I am not all that worried about the Bucs offense. I think we will win convincingly as long as we do not turn the ball over.

This. Let's also not forget they're traveling cross country on a short week. It's Seattle and possibly Washington that worry me more.
Brock By All Means Necessary Gunslinger Purdy will get it done 🤣

He's got the hand size
Even before the season I thought that all Trey had to do was play within the offense and not turn the ball over and we would be fine. I feel that even more with Brock as were this late into the season and the offense is already in motion. Like we would've with Trey, we can still expect rookie mistakes but if he can limit them then anything is possible.
KS is passing on Baker, says he's happy with Purdy all the way and Josh Johnson, (Baker is a loser and has bad character) and 2023 it will be Trey and Purdy, Jimmy FA is gone for sure.
Originally posted by dj43:

I bet that is a testament to Purdy's intelligence and ability to pick up the offense really quickly.

If you heard his press conference yesterday it's clear to see that he's smart and lives football. The article in the WZ says he routinely worked with Greese asking about certain plays preparing.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

It was nice to see rookie come in keep NFL type offense going instead of switching to QB power run plays.

More throws than Lance Already. Ran a very similar offense the rest of the game unlike whatever you call what we ran with Lance.
Share 49ersWebzone