QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
That's how he played the last game like a combo of Joe Cool and Pat Mahomes

If this isn't the time of year for relentless optimism I don't know what is

We got the team folks.. put #6 on the calendar

ANOTHER DAY CLOSER

Relentless optimism is more tasteful than relentless pessimism. But realism is even better.

So, to that end, we have a team with a realistic shot to win it all, what is there to be negative about with that?

Too much s**t in real life to be negative about, this team is one of our avenues for escapism.

This guy gets it

With Brock it's like a pitcher throwing a no hitter I hate to say anything cuz I don't want to jinx what I am seeing here. Never seen anything quite like it in club history.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Discussed last night but good to see consensus forming that BCB made the right call

Deebo's open by 10 yards even with the safety coming. Aiyuk may have made the catch/DPI, but that's a massive gain and possibly touchdown to Deebo. It's a split second decision and Purdy was on fire, but in no way would throwing it to Deebo there be the wrong call.

All in all... everyone's talking about Purdy's decision...
But the real question is why Aiyuk broke off his route.

Yeah... the way Aiyuk suddenly stopped, it made me think he had re-evaluated his life and decided to give up football and walk the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.

The only thing I'm thinking... What if the play design was to clear out that area for Deebo, and Aiyuk just got lazy with his route when he saw how the play was unfolding?

It's like that one time Klay Thompson passed the ball to Steph Curry, because he thought he'd have a wide open 3, and then Steph passed it back because Klay was open too... and Klay wasn't prepared for the pass because he thought Steph had it.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Idk about you guys but I've been smiling from ear to ear all day. This kid is exactly what this offense needed. 4… nearly 5 touchdowns in his first postseason start. He creates, he targets downfield, he can escape the pocket, he protects the footbal… he does it all. Our future is incredibly bright.

So no "open competition" with Lance next year for you?
Idk about you guys but I've been smiling from ear to ear all day. This kid is exactly what this offense needed. 4… nearly 5 touchdowns in his first postseason start. He creates, he targets downfield, he can escape the pocket, he protects the footbal… he does it all. Our future is incredibly bright.

Dude helped put another 30+ burger on the scoreboard. Even with some of the minor miscues as discussed above, BCB is leading this charge.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jan 16, 2023 at 1:04 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Discussed last night but good to see consensus forming that BCB made the right call

Deebo's open by 10 yards even with the safety coming. Aiyuk may have made the catch/DPI, but that's a massive gain and possibly touchdown to Deebo. It's a split second decision and Purdy was on fire, but in no way would throwing it to Deebo there be the wrong call.

Kyle's offensive scheme is a real problem here esp. for a young QB.

When you're constantly preaching, "Throw it to the open guy" and every f**king guy is open, what do you do?

Throw it 3 yards on 4th and 8!

I swear I think Cousins is thinking about his completion percentage while playing so he can leverage for his next contract. No feel for the game nor moment.

He is bringing exactly what the Trey guys wanted. The extra 10% plays. So from that aspect I see why they wanted it. However, Purdy can do the other 90% as well.

This guy is perfect for this offense. Just hope he can beat out Stetson Bennett next off season.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Kyle's offensive scheme is a real problem here esp. for a young QB.

When you're constantly preaching, "Throw it to the open guy" and every f**king guy is open, what do you do?

Throw it 3 yards on 4th and 8!

I swear I think Cousins is thinking about his completion percentage while playing so he can leverage for his next contract. No feel for the game nor moment.

What did the other downfield routes look like? With the game on the line, I don't know why you don't throw it to Jefferson or Thielen when the Vikings are in Man Coverage.

What I saw he was hit all game meaning no time they are getting home. First progression is JJ I would assume he's bracket doubled and Cousins said at the presser it wasn't open you gotta go through progressions, meanwhile rush is getting home, gotta unload the football can't eat a sack in that situation that would be worse, he got the ball out they had it covered well. Sometimes credit to where it's due NYG played a game. I think he has feel for the moment NFL QB isn't easy, despite how BCB makes it look

So no "open competition" with Lance next year for you?

Why does it matter? What are you afraid of?

If it's so clear to you Brock is far superior to Trey any "open competition" will result in Brock winning it easily and being named the starter regardless right?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
What I saw he was hit all game meaning no time they are getting home. First progression is JJ I would assume he's bracket doubled and Cousins said at the presser it wasn't open you gotta go through progressions, meanwhile rush is getting home, gotta unload the football can't eat a sack in that situation that would be worse, he got the ball out they had it covered well. Sometimes credit to where it's due NYG played a game. I think he has feel for the moment NFL QB isn't easy, despite how BCB makes it look

I agree with this. I think Osborn may be coming open across the middle but I also think there was a backer there. Either way he had no chance to step up for that crosser and only chance he had was the pass he made.

If he threw it to anyone else no way he has enough on it to get it there

Originally posted by krizay:
He is bringing exactly what the Trey guys wanted. The extra 10% plays. So from that aspect I see why they wanted it. However, Purdy can do the other 90% as well.

This guy is perfect for this offense. Just hope he can beat out Stetson Bennett next off season.

Meh Stetson Bennett will be the starting QB in New England.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

If it's so clear to you Brock is far superior to Trey any "open competition" will result in Brock winning it easily and being named the starter regardless right?

Except it would take reps from a guy who only started 5 regular season games. Reps matter right?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Meh Stetson Bennett will be the starting QB in New England.

Well at least 2 QBs from that draft will be starting next year
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

Except it would take reps from a guy who only started 5 regular season games. Reps matter right?

Not to Purdy, obviously.
Well at least 2 QBs from that draft will be starting next year

Seattle could want Mac to start for a play to injure Warner or Bosa.
Share 49ersWebzone