There are 251 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
because of the CBA, there's just not a lot of reps to waste in camp and preseason for what in essence would be a search for a starting QB. if Brock wins the Super Bowl, i'd think that question would be already answered.

It already has been answered. Brock is QB1 by far. Even if we do not win the SB he will be the starter on what he has shown so far. There will be no off-season competition and in any event off-season comps do not prove that much particularly if they are close as it much different to being under the pressure of an NFL game and performing at a high level. Purdy and JG can prove they can win in that environment. Trey has only shown he can beat the worst team in the NFL and other than that looks gun shy.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think it's hilarious at this point that people think if they just stop the run, they can beat us. This team has too great of scheme, talent, and execution to completely stop us. We can score so fast now. It's wild!

Run game has never been at this level. CMC is integrated into the club, Mitchell back, Sermon playing as well as he has all year and Deebo with no restriction on his usage in playoffs. Taking it to new heights even.

Mason. A much better player.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
The Trey cult is relentless

I'm a big Jimmy G fan but I'm riding with BCB to the Super Bowl and beyond

Same - I'm a big Jimmy fan and love the guy. I also understand his limitations. Brock is the guy until he proves that he isn't, in my eyes.

the whole Trey situation is going to be interesting when the season is over. If we trade him, keep him, he demands a trade!? Who knows.
a great situation for him would be with the dolphins. Great surrounding talent, Mike mcdaniels knows him well and runs the same system. I'd be very interested in seeing how he does there - his arm with hill!?
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by boast:
because of the CBA, there's just not a lot of reps to waste in camp and preseason for what in essence would be a search for a starting QB. if Brock wins the Super Bowl, i'd think that question would be already answered.

It already has been answered. Brock is QB1 by far. Even if we do not win the SB he will be the starter on what he has shown so far. There will be no off-season competition and in any event off-season comps do not prove that much particularly if they are close as it much different to being under the pressure of an NFL game and performing at a high level. Purdy and JG can prove they can win in that environment. Trey has only shown he can beat the worst team in the NFL and other than that looks gun shy.

My issue is mainly his health. Idk why people act like he isn't injury prone. He's been injured in EVERY games hes played. His rookie year he messed up a finger or something and his knee. His second year he broke his ankle because he doesn't know how to slide. He was hurt as the backup his rookie year. Lol

we got him because apparently Jimmy couldn't stay healthy - if I was another team, that's my number one concern.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
The Trey cult is relentless

I'm a big Jimmy G fan but I'm riding with BCB to the Super Bowl and beyond

It is weird that some cannot give up a lost cause when glory is staring them in the face.

Each to their own. The avalanche of results will sway the doubters in the end.

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think it's hilarious at this point that people think if they just stop the run, they can beat us. This team has too great of scheme, talent, and execution to completely stop us. We can score so fast now. It's wild!

Run game has never been at this level. CMC is integrated into the club, Mitchell back, Sermon playing as well as he has all year and Deebo with no restriction on his usage in playoffs. Taking it to new heights even.

Mason. A much better player.

my bad I didn't even notice that.. I was thinking Mason but typed Sermon. Probably worried about that NFCCG Sermon revenge game
It is weird that some cannot give up a lost cause when glory is staring them in the face.

The irony meter just exploded
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Lol hilarious
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Lol hilarious

Except when JG was QB there was no better QB on the roster. When Purdy stepped up there was. Hence No Irony. Lance was never "better" than JG. Look at the stats - Winning %, Completion %, Efficiency and so forth. Dream on my friends!

Lol hilarious

Except when JG was QB there was no better QB on the roster. When Purdy stepped up there was. Hence No Irony. Lance was never "better" than JG. Look at the stats - Winning %, Completion %, Efficiency and so forth. Dream on my friends!
When CJ was QB, there were no better QBs on the roster
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Kyle said he prefers QBs to read deep to short. Do you see how the safety runs toward the line of scrimmage? "Deep to short" means throw it to Aiyuk. There are MILES of empty space back there to fit the ball. But Aiyuk stopped running the route.

I'm guessing that gets addressed and more WRs will be thinking that they're going to house it instead of just blocking.
Originally posted by krizay:
He is bringing exactly what the Trey guys wanted. The extra 10% plays. So from that aspect I see why they wanted it. However, Purdy can do the other 90% as well.

This guy is perfect for this offense. Just hope he can beat out Stetson Bennett next off season.

Yet a month and a half ago you were talking about a long term Jimmy extension. Clearly there was a better QB on roster.

Lol hilarious

Coming from the person who made posts about how dislocated shoulders don't affect QB play in January
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Jan 16, 2023 at 2:49 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone