Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
having a cannon for an arm is so overrated

mahomes & allen have seriously ruined peoples brains

I think if you throw a good touch pass, good footwork and have good chemistry with your receivers. I think that trumps laser rocket arm any day.

All that's being said is what's wrong with wishing he had both? You can throw a good touch pass, good footwork and have good chemistry all while having a cannon as well.

While we are at it let me wish he ran a 4.3 flat and played both ways helped our d-backs out
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Chris Simms clown ass said Purdy is a poor man's Mac Jones. Idiotic take, Mac is trash compared to Brock.

trash qb. he wish he was as good as purdy.
Originally posted by boast:

Yeah,...I dont.

Hope you'll one day understand how loosely defined having "loads of" something can be. Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes are 2 guys with loads of talent. Not going to look @ Purdy's web and say yea,...he does too!! LoL

I still think he's talented, though. Loads of talent? No. Reserve that for those faster guys with bigger arms,...per Bill Walsh. I think he knows more than you or I?

I gave you a quote where Walsh factored in size with talent. I guess it's not a sin, then?

The "gotcha" moment you are searching for will have to wait.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 16, 2023 at 4:38 PM ]
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Chris Simms clown ass said Purdy is a poor man's Mac Jones. Idiotic take, Mac is trash compared to Brock.

Wow, I think most everyone would agree that's a garbage take. But don't forget there are still some major McCorkle fans right here.

yeah he said it in the context of purdy making all these accurate throws and he was like "thats why they should have drafted mac jones". hes such a 🤡 but acts like hes so smart.

🤡 Leaving out the fact that Purdy can do everything that McCorkle does but the same cannot be said the other way around.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

I think if you throw a good touch pass, good footwork and have good chemistry with your receivers. I think that trumps laser rocket arm any day.

All that's being said is what's wrong with wishing he had both? You can throw a good touch pass, good footwork and have good chemistry all while having a cannon as well.

Yeah imagine if Joe Montana had Dan Marino's arm talent. Then he would have been a REALLY good quarterback!

Am I doing it right?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
As mentioned earlier BP has some off platform stuff that those others didn't have in there arsenal. Velo from a QB is overrated. Every top bust has a cannon and no clue what to do with it.

Lol I swear before you said off platform stuff is overrated when we discussed all this (and Jimmy was the starter).

I can name a ton of 1st rd picks with noodle arms that were busts all the same.

You know what's really cool? A guy who has a clue how to use his cannon arm. Why is that such a bad thing to want? Love a lot of what Brock does, which his arm talent was better that's all.

you're not wishin an hopin for somethin other than how purdy's playing are you? That's insane. completely insane. Purdy is fine. the package is fine. he recognizes early and releases catchable balls. That cannot be taught at 22. Be happy with the package. He's fine. As long as kyle doesnt over coach him, things will turn out fine.

Marino, Elway, Rogers, Favre, Stafford, Herbert, Kelly all had elite arms. Doesn't mean Brock stinks man…it's a pretty nice attribute to have as a NFL QB, I don't see why these is such a sensitive thing?

I'm not sensitive at all, I just don't care about elite arm strength, nothing stopping a qb from being great with an average arm
Maybe this is already common knowledge, but it came as news to me. It appears that by virtue of playing out his contract, becoming a free agent, and then signing a contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, CJ Beathard earned the 49ers a 7th round compensatory pick in 2022, that pick was 262.

While we are at it let me wish he ran a 4.3 flat and played both ways helped our d-backs out

What's more common, a QB that can run a 4.3 or a QB that has a great arm? The good thing about this and it has already been mentioned is that this is 23 years old Purdy's rookie season; he can definitely add more arm strength. It's not some secret; even he knows that is one of his perceived flaws and a reason he went last in the draft. No doubt in my mind Purdy will work on it more cause he already has

Originally posted by Furlow:

Yeah imagine if Joe Montana had Dan Marino's arm talent. Then he would have been a REALLY good quarterback!

Am I doing it right?

To me sure I understand the sentiment.. also I think wow this man has given me as a fan 100x more than I expected from him this season. I can't ask anymore than what he has already given. He has gone 100x above and beyond this season it's insane. You can wait a lifetime as a fan and not see a last pick QB ball out like this.

for sure
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Am I doing it right?

I could have sworn that *QB intangibles* were a *talent* also?
I imagine this type of post from a Pats fan in 2001 postseason

TB12 was drafted 6th round for a reason. Mooch brought him to a workout in the Bay Area with local area kids, he did nothing to distinguish himself. You can work on arm strength, it's called pliability. That or roids but I'll give TB12 the benefit of the doubt and say it's pliability training and avocado ice cream. Go back to his Bucs champ he was firing high velo rockets. So you can certainly improve this over time with reps, prax, muscle training etc.

Why is everything Tom Brady? Why you gotta change the topic? Brady had a better arm coming into the league.

it's okay man. Brock has other get attributes. Nothing wrong with wanting better arm talent…we don't have to be sensitive about it

Montana, Young and Brees didn't have elite arm strength at all. Much better arms than those in NFL history and even in their time era.

Am I doing it right?

Man you guys are so sensitive lol.
Share 49ersWebzone