There are 218 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Liked his focus. Needs to stay relaxed and calm. No stupid turnovers. No hmm let's see if I can fit this in between 2 defenders s**t cause TB has a legit defense (it's the real reason Brady won another super bowl for ppl who actually the game of football).

His goal should be to get to 20 points slowly over the course of the game hopefully with an easy TD provided by a big defensive int/fumble/kick return.

Don't try to be a hero just make basic plays, get it to the checkdowns early and often, and no turnovers.

Defense needs to be even more dominant that's just a fact. It's going to be tough against Brady and his refs that he pays to give him all the calls. Brady probably deflates the footballs before this game as he can barely hold the ball anymore he's getting so old.
He has a pretty good pocket presence and seems to keep his eyes downfield while being able to move around. If we just keep it simple and let the run game and defense do their job we can win some games. We'll need some points though in crunch time at some point, especially in the post season.

The kid seems to have some moxie to him. I like that.

Strap in your jock, its time for Brock.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 5, 2022 at 11:05 PM ]
https://youtube.com/shorts/gYjncbJ8Jgg?feature=share
I see the team as having two options.

1. Tell Purdy all you need to do is protect the football. Make the easy throws when you get them. Run the ball and limit his passes. Eat clock. Rely on the offensive playmakers and the best defense in the league. Play it safe. Grind out 2 or 3 more wins. Maybe still win the division. Maybe even win a playoff game. But eventually he will have to put the team on his back and will likely not succed. Lose in the 2nd round and say, hey we did pretty dann good for having a 3rd string qb and chalk the season up as a win.

OR

2. Say screw it. We are playing with house money. No one expects us to do anything with Mr. Irrelevant starting. So what do they have to lose? Let the kid play. Let him do what he's good at. Let him make mistakes. But play agreesive and see if the kid can string together 9 decent/good games and win a superbowl. Get him as much experience as he can before the playoffs. Take the bad with the good. Roll the dice and go for broke. Odds are stacked against them but run with the narrative. Take the chance of creating a football legend. If some how they pull it off it would it be one of the greatest moments in NFL history. It's a long shot but they have nothing to lose.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
My bar was low on Purdy coming in cold for Jimmy, and all rookie qb first year, first game for that matter. I kept looking for the deer in the headlights look to Purdy, but it wasn't evident. He was actually slinging it at times.

Impressive redzone plays, and especially that one down the middle to Kittle with free rusher up the middle trynna separate him from his arm. On the money to Kittle to convert a 3rd down with 50 seconds left before half time.

We got a gunslinger in Purdy, if they can curb him from making risky throws too early or often, we might have something. I keep thinking Romo or Cousins

Agreed, that pass really stuck out to me. He knew he was gonna get leveled and he stuck in there and delivered. There was another pass where he threaded the needle (don't remember to who) between two defenders in a really tight window and he did it with zip and confidence

It was the dropped TD to 23. That was one of the more impressive throws of the day.
Originally posted by Hammer:
I see the team as having two options.

1. Tell Purdy all you need to do is protect the football. Make the easy throws when you get them. Run the ball and limit his passes. Eat clock. Rely on the offensive playmakers and the best defense in the league. Play it safe. Grind out 2 or 3 more wins. Maybe still win the division. Maybe even win a playoff game. But eventually he will have to put the team on his back and will likely not succed. Lose in the 2nd round and say, hey we did pretty dann good for having a 3rd string qb and chalk the season up as a win.

OR

2. Say screw it. We are playing with house money. No one expects us to do anything with Mr. Irrelevant starting. So what do they have to lose? Let the kid play. Let him do what he's good at. Let him make mistakes. But play agreesive and see if the kid can string together 9 decent/good games and win a superbowl. Get him as much experience as he can before the playoffs. Take the bad with the good. Roll the dice and go for broke. Odds are stacked against them but run with the narrative. Take the chance of creating a football legend. If some how they pull it off it would it be one of the greatest moments in NFL history. It's a long shot but they have nothing to lose.

Or 3. Do what we did against Miami. Try to tailor the O around his strengths and weaknesses and then go out and win.
👀

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 6, 2022 at 7:27 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
👀

We rocking!!!! We moving on up with BP AND TREY, IT'S A GAME OVER FOR THESE MOTHERf**kERS!!!! 🤣
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Dec 6, 2022 at 7:30 AM ]
High expectations should be reeled in for next week.. He's the last pick of the draft in his second NFL start against a previous Superbowl champion team and Tom Brady. Tampa defense will have more time to prepare for him than Miami did. Young players after they win big games tend to get more over confident as well and prone to more mistakes. I'm not saying we will win or lose, but we shouldn't be expecting him to play as well as he did the last game.
Wild that Brock had an offer from Alabama and chose Iowa State. Lol I wonder what the story is behind that? I'm sure it has to do with their ridiculous qb lineup at the time.

I understand He's a seventh round rookie and there is less than a 1% he ends up being "HIM", but something about his play gave me a ton of confidence and optimism moving forward.

Im just nervous about the Seattle game. Need Seattle to lose a game or two to give us more separation.

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
Liked his focus. Needs to stay relaxed and calm. No stupid turnovers. No hmm let's see if I can fit this in between 2 defenders s**t cause TB has a legit defense (it's the real reason Brady won another super bowl for ppl who actually the game of football).

His goal should be to get to 20 points slowly over the course of the game hopefully with an easy TD provided by a big defensive int/fumble/kick return.

Don't try to be a hero just make basic plays, get it to the checkdowns early and often, and no turnovers.

Defense needs to be even more dominant that's just a fact. It's going to be tough against Brady and his refs that he pays to give him all the calls. Brady probably deflates the footballs before this game as he can barely hold the ball anymore he's getting so old.

agree.

the good news is he was able to go out in play loose within the game plan.

does his brain freeze when KS puts the pressure on him and gives him too much to think about this sunday?

I know nothing about coaching pros - seems like an interesting dynamic.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
High expectations should be reeled in for next week.. He's the last pick of the draft in his second NFL start against a previous Superbowl champion team and Tom Brady. Tampa defense will have more time to prepare for him than Miami did. Young players after they win big games tend to get more over confident as well and prone to more mistakes. I'm not saying we will win or lose, but we shouldn't be expecting him to play as well as he did the last game.

you must have watched the NFL world make Mullens a hero on a monday night and then the resulting train wreck after that.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by kray28:
Mayfield behind Purdy would be a big distraction. Don't need it. We need to just go all in on Purdy and give him all the support he needs to make this work. LFG.

Pretty much this is it.

No it isn't.

Yeah, actually it is, Mayfield stinks.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
👀

would anyone expect him to say anything else?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by kray28:
Mayfield behind Purdy would be a big distraction. Don't need it. We need to just go all in on Purdy and give him all the support he needs to make this work. LFG.

Pretty much this is it.

No it isn't.

Yeah, actually it is, Mayfield stinks.

I know the 9ers locker room is really strong.
I still worry about BM and his potential to be polarizing.
Share 49ersWebzone