There are 168 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I coined it. you all heard it from me.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
"with Brock Purdy, there really is nothing to objectively be mad about at this point"

Are you sure it's not "subjectively?" Lol
Originally posted by Furlow:
"with Brock Purdy, there really is nothing to objectively be mad about at this point"

Are you sure it's not "subjectively?" Lol

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Idk about you guys but I've been smiling from ear to ear all day. This kid is exactly what this offense needed. 4… nearly 5 touchdowns in his first postseason start. He creates, he targets downfield, he can escape the pocket, he protects the footbal… he does it all. Our future is incredibly bright.

It's pretty awesome to use the full field and see someone extend plays…I wish his arm talent was a little better BUT he seems to have that it factor. Let's win this b***h

Every post you degrade his arm tenant.

That'd be like me saying, yea Lance is good and exciting if he'd only have a higher football IQ.. or have a better throwing motion… I can go on.

Point is, can you ever throw Purdy a compliment without pissing on him??

So ridiculous..
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Idk about you guys but I've been smiling from ear to ear all day. This kid is exactly what this offense needed. 4… nearly 5 touchdowns in his first postseason start. He creates, he targets downfield, he can escape the pocket, he protects the footbal… he does it all. Our future is incredibly bright.

It's pretty awesome to use the full field and see someone extend plays…I wish his arm talent was a little better BUT he seems to have that it factor. Let's win this b***h

That'd be like me saying, yea Lance is good and exciting if he'd only have a higher football IQ.. or have a better throwing motion… I can go on.

So ridiculous..

"let's win this b***h!"
Loving that we are playing Dallas.

Big challenge for Brock with their #2 rated defense.

If he is as good as we all want him to be he will play lights out and put up 30+ to get us the NFC title game.

It's getting real now - please 🙏 play like you have been against an elite defense. Desperately don't want to lose to Dallas.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

If he is as good as we all want him to be he will play lights out and put up 30+ to get us the NFC title game.

It's getting real now - please 🙏 play like you have been against an elite defense. Desperately don't want to lose to Dallas.

• Furlow
  • Veteran

So ridiculous..

Agreed the qualified "compliments" are getting old.
Well you know Purdy is already watching film or asleep, so he can get up early. Lol
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/165973-rapoport-49ers-brock-purdy-starting-quarterback-next-year/

"Like, how is he not the starting quarterback next year?" Rapoport said. "... What more do you want? What is out there that he is not doing?"

Alright, BCB getting his first chance in this San Francisco-Dallas storied rivalry. Can't wait.
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/165973-rapoport-49ers-brock-purdy-starting-quarterback-next-year/

"Like, how is he not the starting quarterback next year?" Rapoport said. "... What more do you want? What is out there that he is not doing?"

He checked like every single box he can possibly check so far.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Jan 16, 2023 at 8:10 PM ]

I coined it. you all heard it from me.

"Seems like",....meh. Inconclusive just like the "considered" thing.

Be more aggressive this next draft class.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

So no "open competition" with Lance next year for you?

Why does it matter? What are you afraid of?

If it's so clear to you Brock is far superior to Trey any "open competition" will result in Brock winning it easily and being named the starter regardless right?

So if Mahomes and Burrow have to go through an "open competition" next season, and they're annoyed by that, they are afraid? I disagree. Purdy has already earned QB1 status for next season. A competition is unnecessary and would take away first team reps that would prepare him for the regular season.

Comparing Brock to Mahomes and Burrow? Lmao dude. Mahomes is a champion and Burrow a #1 overall pick. We happen to have a #3 overall pick on the roster that got injured through no fault of his own - not like we have Zach Wilson on the roster playing like s**t for two years and looking non-functional.

Talk to me if Brock wins the Super Bowl. Which I desperately hope he does.

I'm down with whatever Shanahan thinks. If he thinks Brock has earned QB1 and no competition is necessary I'm good with that as he has seen more of both qbs in practice than you or I could ever hope to see. I want whoever Kyle thinks will be the best qb in the near term AND long term. If that's Brock let's do it. If he thinks it's Trey though he should go with that. I just want whoever will be considered the most elite qb five years from now not just in the current moment.

But I'm sure as hell not going by your thoughts and proclamations on the matter.

Very curious to see how the offseason goes.

Brock has to win a SB to be compared to Burrow. Yet Burrow has not won a SB.

Yea Ezekiel38's stance is odd.
1st he is basing his assessment on draft status stating Burrows is a #1 pick and lance is a #3 so they HAVE to be better then Purdy.

Also, If Lance would have had 3-4 games like Purdy did, him and others would have declared him a FQB with no competition necessary. However, since draft status matters to him, and Purdy was a low draft pick, as he has stated, "Purdy needs to win the SB in a dominating fashion" to be declared a FQB.

Such Silly takes.

All bold lol

I said it is the REASONS behind him being a #3 overall pick that is why I want to see more. I liked what I saw from Lance so far.

Purdy may be better than Lance long term but he may not be. We just don't know. I like Brock as much as anyone in here - he's playing great ball.

Y'all acting like we have Zach Wilson on the bench still playing like doo doo for almost two years. Obv Purdy is better than the #2 pick in the draft so in that sense draft status means nothing anymore because we have actually seen what Zach Wilson is. We have not seen barely anything with Trey. I think Trey could do everything Brock is doing if he had started all year.

Who will be considered the better qb five years from now? I'm certainly not ready to claim that Brock will ultimately be the more elite qb five years from now. I want whoever that is and if it is Brock then great I love it as we found the needed upgrade from the trash heap that was Jimmy in the playoffs.

If you think it is so clear it will be as you say and Brock will be annointed the starter right away when OTAs begin. And I'm fine with that as I'm good with whatever Kyle wants.
I did a cut and paste and it bolded it and I was to lazy to change it. No other reason.

Have you noticed Purdy has been setting records? Not a record, but records?
Yet you believe Lance would have walked in and did the same thing this year?
Hmmmmm
I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree. Purdy is doing something pretty special this year and you and a few others are really missing out.
I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree. Purdy is doing something pretty special this year and you and a few others are really missing out.

What??? He's watching the games. Having a different opinion than yours about a couple players doesn't mean he's missing anything,...lol.

There may be posters that 100% agree with you that only can listen by radio. I guess you could say they're missing out?
Share 49ersWebzone