There are 285 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've been struggling with a comp for Purdy, as he's more slippery than your traditional pocket passer, but I think Romo works.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
God forbid I want Drew Brees mixed with Justin Herbert lol. How dare a fan want that at QB lol.

I'm team Brock, but I'm just keeping it real.

It would so cool if Trey's intangibles develop to the Brock Purdy level.
Page 666...now we know where Purdy's completely unexpected success comes from
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Biggest worry is Parsons. Brock needs to be careful and stay safe.

Thank god Trent Williams is over there lol
How does Purdy compare to Tua in terms of physical and athletical attributes? It doesn't seem like Tua has higher "ceiling", but he was the 5th overall pick.

Tua is actually slightly shorter, arm strengths are similar, and in terms of mobility, I don't think Tua has any advantage either.
I think Brock is gunna be pretty confident going into this. Got lots of praise last game & lit up with the LeBron comment. Hope he comes out fierce:) 🔥
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Chance:
Wishing Purdy had a better arm is like me wishing my dick was 12 inches long. What's another inch, right?

LMAO

Lolz ✔️
The Legend of Glock Purdy continues...
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Jan 16, 2023 at 10:32 PM ]
Originally posted by libertyforever:
How does Purdy compare to Tua in terms of physical and athletical attributes? It doesn't seem like Tua has higher "ceiling", but he was the 5th overall pick.

Tua is actually slightly shorter, arm strengths are similar, and in terms of mobility, I don't think Tua has any advantage either.

Tua was drafted on accuracy, throwing with anticipation, and sound mechanics.

• Koldo
  • Veteran
Time for Purdy to check off another box: Cowboy killer.

Originally posted by random49er:

Tua was drafted on accuracy, throwing with anticipation, and sound mechanics.

Ok. Aren't these Purdy's strengths as well?

So Purdy could have been a top 10 pick if he played better in college?
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
God forbid I want Drew Brees mixed with Justin Herbert lol. How dare a fan want that at QB lol.

I'm team Brock, but I'm just keeping it real.

It would so cool if Trey's intangibles develop to the Brock Purdy level.

Like I said a whiiile ago... Thank God for Purdy.. best thing to happen to Trey. Trey being able to see how Brock runs this offense, instead of Jimmy... to see the offense can really be. The little things Brock does... be it during the week, or during the games. Everything! Trey is going to be a better QB because of all this. Sure it must hurt like s**t (because he's always been the type to want to play, instead of watch), but again it will all be worth it for him long term.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 16, 2023 at 10:36 PM ]

They're very different players. Purdy's not known for sound mechanics. He's obviously better @ off-schedule stuff as well.

Of course, rarely will a bunch of off-schedule success raise your stock in the eyes of GMs.

For a couple years b4 Mike showed up, Tua's gotten a bunch of flack for being drafted to high by the local media.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Like I said a whiiile ago... Thank God for Purdy.. best thing to happen to Trey. Trey being able to see how Brock runs this offense, instead of Jimmy... to see the offense can really be. The little things Brock does... be it during the week, or during the games. Everything! Trey is going to be a better QB because of all this. Sure it must hurt like s**t (because he's always been the type to want to play, instead of watch), but again it will all be worth it for him long term.

Just hope he doesnt overdo it in offseason workouts. But he'll for sure be pumped.
Originally posted by random49er:

They're very different players. Purdy's not known for sound mechanics. He's obviously better @ off-schedule stuff as well.

Of course, rarely will a bunch of off-schedule success raise your stock in the eyes of GMs.

For a couple years b4 Mike showed up, Tua's gotten a bunch of flack for being drafted to high by the local media.

I don't know about his college tape, but I think Purdy has been shown very good mechanics so far in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone