There are 196 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm in disbelief I just saw a segment of Chris Simms podcast where he's talking about Brock and this dude still has "they should've drafted Mac Jones" PTSD. More exactly he said they should've f**king drafted Mac Jones. He called Purdy a lesser Mac Jones, what the hell is his literally retarded as f**k obsession with Jones. McCorkle can barely sniff Purdy's jockstrap right now. Simms must be jealous AF he was himself never anything close to Purdy and was drafted way the frick higher. The guy literally sounds like he's lost his f**king mind.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
I don't know about his college tape, but I think Purdy has been shown very good mechanics so far in the NFL.

I mean....just be glad he fell to us. If he goes in the 1st or 2nd he never lands here and saves us a bunch of salary cap space for years, right?
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
Ok. Aren't these Purdy's strengths as well?

So Purdy could have been a top 10 pick if he played better in college?

They're very different players. Purdy's not known for sound mechanics. He's obviously better @ off-schedule stuff as well.

Of course, rarely will a bunch of off-schedule success raise your stock in the eyes of GMs.

For a couple years b4 Mike showed up, Tua's gotten a bunch of flack for being drafted to high by the local media.

I don't know about his college tape, but I think Purdy has been shown very good mechanics so far in the NFL.

Haven't you heard?

Purdy is a s**tty QB with poor "arm talent" and an underwhelming spider chart who can't help throwing near interceptions (which end up being completions or TD's only out of sheer luck).

Even Trey with a busted ankle could do a better job than him.
if Brock takes out Dallas too Im getting a jersey. this dude ended Lance's starting 49ers QB career before it started.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by random49er:
Ok. Aren't these Purdy's strengths as well?

So Purdy could have been a top 10 pick if he played better in college?

They're very different players. Purdy's not known for sound mechanics. He's obviously better @ off-schedule stuff as well.

Of course, rarely will a bunch of off-schedule success raise your stock in the eyes of GMs.

For a couple years b4 Mike showed up, Tua's gotten a bunch of flack for being drafted to high by the local media.

Haven't you heard?

Purdy is a s**tty QB with poor "arm talent" and an underwhelming spider chart who can't help throwing near interceptions (which end up being completions or TD's only out of sheer luck).

Even Trey with a busted ankle could do a better job than him.

His arm is so noodle he can just make a 6 yard 3 inch pass with the wind behind him
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
if Brock takes out Dallas too Im getting a jersey. this dude ended Lance's starting 49ers QB career before it started.

Well it technically started for 5 quarters.
if there wasn't enough pressure last week, theres even more now x2 atleast lol...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
if there wasn't enough pressure last week, theres even more now x2 atleast lol...

Purdy feels no pressure. He'll do continue to do what he's been doing, as if it's another game.

No idea why people are so keen to write off Tray Lance. Purdy had done great but who knows what the future holds.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I'm in disbelief I just saw a segment of Chris Simms podcast where he's talking about Brock and this dude still has "they should've drafted Mac Jones" PTSD. More exactly he said they should've f**king drafted Mac Jones. He called Purdy a lesser Mac Jones, what the hell is his literally retarded as f**k obsession with Jones. McCorkle can barely sniff Purdy's jockstrap right now. Simms must be jealous AF he was himself never anything close to Purdy and was drafted way the frick higher. The guy literally sounds like he's lost his f**king mind.

for starters.....

Purdy is the anti-Mac Jones, he was not An Ok QB proped up by stellar talent, second he is not a cancer.

Having said that I have always liked the potential of what Mac Jones could be. I can recognize the talent that he has, the problem is the personality it is wrapped in.

I would much.... MUCHHHH rather have Brock.

We good mister Simms, we good.

Originally posted by English:

No idea why people are so keen to write off Tray Lance. Purdy had done great but who knows what the future holds.

It is because Lance did not do what Purdy did.... come out balling. That is what is expected from the 3rd pick of the draft. This roster is not going to wait around for Lance to "develop" nor is the NFL going to stop and wait for him. Our next Montana/Young has arrived and it was not Lance. This is how the NFL cookie crumbles.
Originally posted by Dshearn:

for starters.....

Purdy is the anti-Mac Jones, he was not An Ok QB proped up by stellar talent, second he is not a cancer.

Having said that I have always liked the potential of what Mac Jones could be. I can recognize the talent that he has, the problem is the personality it is wrapped in.

I would much.... MUCHHHH rather have Brock.

We good mister Simms, we good.

Mac's character defects would not work with FO's moral standards. They probably checked this out before they rejected him in the draft. Good thing he did not come here.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Purdy feels no pressure. He'll do continue to do what he's been doing, as if it's another game.

Obviously I'll back whoever, but I've finally arrived at the point where I'm fully behind Brock and would be disappointed if Trey won the job next season.

Yeah I think he and shanahan had a falling out. But man does he have thin skin. Did you hear that rant where he went off at espn? He was all like "bring it espn". It was hilarious. When skip Bayless retires, gets fired, or kicks the bucket sims can step right in and be the next morning clown.
Share 49ersWebzone