49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 397 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
if Brock takes out Dallas too Im getting a jersey. this dude ended Lance's starting 49ers QB career before it started.

No idea why people are so keen to write off Tray Lance. Purdy had done great but who knows what the future holds.

We have fans more focused on who's the QB next year instead of defeating this weeks opponent on the way to another Super Bowl. I'm glad the team is focused on the next game and not this offseasons QB decisions
Pete said after the game, Brock was playing like Fran Tarkenton. I don't believe I have heard the name before. So, looked him up. If anyone is curious, here's some FT highlights:)

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
if Brock takes out Dallas too Im getting a jersey. this dude ended Lance's starting 49ers QB career before it started.

No idea why people are so keen to write off Tray Lance. Purdy had done great but who knows what the future holds.

We have fans more focused on who's the QB next year instead of defeating this weeks opponent on the way to another Super Bowl. I'm glad the team is focused on the next game and not this offseasons QB decisions

No matter how focused a fanbase is on the next opponent, it will never have any bearing on the outcome of the game. So yes, I'm also glad the team will be more focused on the next game as well.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

I coined it. you all heard it from me.

"Seems like",....meh. Inconclusive just like the "considered" thing.

Be more aggressive this next draft class.

the pun. im referring to the pun.

what considered thing? the tangential word salad you went on about?
Originally posted by Chance:
Wishing Purdy had a better arm is like me wishing my dick was 12 inches long. What's another inch, right?

LOL
  • grif
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Pete said after the game, Brock was playing like Fran Tarkenton. I don't believe I have heard the name before. So, looked him up. If anyone is curious, here's some FT highlights:)

Right....Tarkenton was a "scrambler". Funny how the game evolves and repeats itself. It seemed like teams got away from running qbs because of the possibility of getting injured. Now, a running qb is common, even desired.

You coined something he's had to hear his whole life? LoL cool man. I misunderstood.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
God forbid I want Drew Brees mixed with Justin Herbert lol. How dare a fan want that at QB lol.

I'm team Brock, but I'm just keeping it real.

It would so cool if Trey's intangibles develop to the Brock Purdy level.

Like I said a whiiile ago... Thank God for Purdy.. best thing to happen to Trey. Trey being able to see how Brock runs this offense, instead of Jimmy... to see the offense can really be. The little things Brock does... be it during the week, or during the games. Everything! Trey is going to be a better QB because of all this. Sure it must hurt like s**t (because he's always been the type to want to play, instead of watch), but again it will all be worth it for him long term.

I'm confident Trey can vastly improve. His Texas game and His bears game, plus a portion of the Seattle game, to me, says so. He has a bright future here and possibly somewhere else in the NFL.

I can see Trey being a Brock Purdy with more physical gifts. He'll push Brock to be better. Brock is a rookie, the biggest jump a rookie makes, typically, is in his 2nd year, so Brock also can improve. Both of them competing in the offseason will be tungsten sharpening tungsten. Kyle is too blessed with his QB squad.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
I don't know about his college tape, but I think Purdy has been shown very good mechanics so far in the NFL.

I mean....just be glad he fell to us. If he goes in the 1st or 2nd he never lands here and saves us a bunch of salary cap space for years, right?

I guess my point is he has the physical and athletical attributes to be a top 6 overall pick had he played better in college and shown the mechanics he has now. It is not like his ceiling is so low he has to be a complete outlier to succeed in the NFL.
  • Ruixx
  • Veteran

You've never heard of Fran Tarkenton? Steve Young used to get compared to him pretty regularly.

You coined something he's had to hear his whole life? LoL cool man. I misunderstood.

jeez dude, you really need to lighten up over such facetious posts.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I don't know about his college tape, but I think Purdy has been shown very good mechanics so far in the NFL.

Agree, he does. The thing that impresses me is his ability to go to his 4th read - as a rookie in Kyles complicated offense. And he has that off schedule ability to create something out of nothing. He is an impressive QB, and just so young too.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agree, he does. The thing that impresses me is his ability to go to his 4th read - as a rookie in Kyles complicated offense. And he has that off schedule ability to create something out of nothing. He is an impressive QB, and just so young too.

yeah, other than that talent we've added as a team, his mobility and ability to find the open receiver whilst throwing an accurate quick ball in the process adds another level to the offense we haven't had since Shanahan took over.
Originally posted by Ruixx:

You've never heard of Fran Tarkenton? Steve Young used to get compared to him pretty regularly.

You would think a username of Montana would have some knowledge of NFL QB greats. Heck, Fran Tarkenton was on MNF in 1982 when Joe played in lol.

jeez dude, you really need to lighten up over such facetious posts.

Lighten up? I'm clearly joking.
Share 49ersWebzone