There are 212 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
👀

would anyone expect him to say anything else?

2 tickets to sports cliche city please.
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
👀

We rocking!!!! We moving on up with BP AND TREY, IT'S A GAME OVER FOR THESE MOTHERf**kERS!!!! 🤣

Mad kudos to our front office for finding great locker room guys consistently. So impressive
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by kray28:
Mayfield behind Purdy would be a big distraction. Don't need it. We need to just go all in on Purdy and give him all the support he needs to make this work. LFG.

Pretty much this is it.

No it isn't.

Yeah, actually it is, Mayfield stinks.

I know the 9ers locker room is really strong.
I still worry about BM and his potential to be polarizing.

100% agree. And, he's not very good. See also, the two teams that have already moved on from him.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Mayfield behind Purdy would be a big distraction. Don't need it. We need to just go all in on Purdy and give him all the support he needs to make this work. LFG.

Pretty much this is it.

No it isn't.

100% agree. And, he's not very good. See also, the two teams that have already moved on from him.

Agree. I am not big on the idea.

that said it sure would be nice to have a back up you know can come in and sling it if Purdy cant for any reason.

Josh Johnson? maybe.

Pretty much this is it.

No it isn't.

Agree. I am not big on the idea.

that said it sure would be nice to have a back up you know can come in and sling it if Purdy cant for any reason.

Josh Johnson? maybe.

Huge mistake to ride Josh. Can't chance it. If BM makes it thru the wire I fully expect him to be a 9er this afternoon for $1m. It may not be perfect but it's the best solution now.

Get ready to open that welcome BM thread soon.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Dec 6, 2022 at 8:19 AM ]
I was impressed and impressed that Kyle let him throw it 37 times.
If a miracle happens and he balls. We would finally have the storyline on our side.
A movie would be made.
  • thl408
This play doesn't seem like much, but to me it shows calmness in the pocket. Some young QBs panic when there is too much time in the pocket. Brock stays very calm and doesn't waste the precious time seeing ghosts or worrying about pressure that isn't there.
He looks to his right, sees that the Sucker concept is taken away (Tampa2; MIKE takes away Deebo), then progress to his left and hits (I think) his 4th read. I am sure jonnydel will touch on this as a good illustration of how the moment isn't too big. Watch Brock's steady feet.
  • thl408
There is a play where Brock avoids an INT because he is patient enough to see that he is being baited on a Sail concept versus three deep shell. He waits and waits, not because he's slow, but because he knows he can't throw it yet. Then he throws it, what seems to be late, but it's not, to Kroft along the sideline. So good for a rookie.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
High expectations should be reeled in for next week.. He's the last pick of the draft in his second NFL start against a previous Superbowl champion team and Tom Brady. Tampa defense will have more time to prepare for him than Miami did. Young players after they win big games tend to get more over confident as well and prone to more mistakes. I'm not saying we will win or lose, but we shouldn't be expecting him to play as well as he did the last game.

you must have watched the NFL world make Mullens a hero on a monday night and then the resulting train wreck after that.

Exactly

You watch these highlights of Mullens and we are like lets ride the Mullens rocket only to watch him crash down to earth.

The concern is the same thing about Purdy. Too much hype after one game.

[ Edited by ComeOnDeberg on Dec 6, 2022 at 8:31 AM ]
High expectations should be reeled in for next week.. He's the last pick of the draft in his second NFL start against a previous Superbowl champion team and Tom Brady. Tampa defense will have more time to prepare for him than Miami did. Young players after they win big games tend to get more over confident as well and prone to more mistakes. I'm not saying we will win or lose, but we shouldn't be expecting him to play as well as he did the last game.

you must have watched the NFL world make Mullens a hero on a monday night and then the resulting train wreck after that.

Exactly

You watch these highlights of Mullens and we are like lets ride the Mullens rocket only to watch him crash down to earth.

The concern is the same thing about Purdy. Too much hype after one game.

This. Same thing just happened to White too. Now, I will say there is something promising to me about Purdy, and that is that Shanny went out of his way (logic & dollar wise) to keep him over Sudfield this season. There must have been a decent amount of promise that Shanny saw in him to make that move. I thought it was fools gold when he turned the wrong way to handoff a few weeks ago, but he did look good vs. the Dolphins. When teams start getting film on a QB is when things get tougher, but as Purdy gets more snaps, he also theoretically improves making it a moving target.

Originally posted by nolimit2game:
If a miracle happens and he balls. We would finally have the storyline on our side.
A movie would be made.

At least a 30 for 30. "Purdy Relevant"
Originally posted by mattster03:
At least a 30 for 30. "Purdy Relevant"

Lol TM that! Make ESPN buy it off you 15 years from now!
I'm not comparing or saying he will be NEARLY as good as Brady, all I'm saying is that his moxie reminds me of Brady - specifically when he was younger. Just the confidence and presence.

I've said it many times but man I'm so impressed with his poise. It was clear he was leading out there. No one but Jimmy has done that since Kyles been here.

if Brock is actually an average to above average QB - it'll be interesting to see his w/l record with us.
Originally posted by thl408:
There is a play where Brock avoids an INT because he is patient enough to see that he is being baited on a Sail concept versus three deep shell. He waits and waits, not because he's slow, but because he knows he can't throw it yet. Then he throws it, what seems to be late, but it's not, to Kroft along the sideline. So good for a rookie.

Since Mullens is being brought up in here relating to Purdy's first extended playing time. Do you recall Mullens having any similar film in his first start as you are describing in your two posts above about Purdy?
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Dec 6, 2022 at 8:44 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by nolimit2game:
A movie would be made.

And Tom Holland would play Brock Purdy and Denzel Washington could play Kyle Shanahan.
Share 49ersWebzone