There are 201 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Maybe this is already common knowledge, but it came as news to me. It appears that by virtue of playing out his contract, becoming a free agent, and then signing a contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, CJ Beathard earned the 49ers a 7th round compensatory pick in 2022, that pick was 262.

I heard that this morning from John Chapman.

Whoa!
Originally posted by Giedi:
Maybe this is already common knowledge, but it came as news to me. It appears that by virtue of playing out his contract, becoming a free agent, and then signing a contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, CJ Beathard earned the 49ers a 7th round compensatory pick in 2022, that pick was 262.

Whoa!

That's amazing
Looks like Beathard wasn't the savior we were hoping but he helped us get him! Give Beathard a statue!
Originally posted by tankle104:
Looks like Beathard wasn't the savior we were hoping but he helped us get him! Give Beathard a statue!

You don't give a statue to another statue
Good, pre-nap watch.
https://youtu.be/VjbgRm2-y1Q
another breakdown by QBSCHOOL!
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Good, pre-nap watch.

Dangit! Beat me to it! Hahah
Good, pre-nap watch.

"These aren't all bad plays. I love his vision. Just out of sync on some plays with his receivers"

Thought he had BAD half!?? Lol all these professionals in here.
Good, pre-nap watch.

i appreciate how he doesn't spend 10 minutes drawing the play art before every play, god i hate that so much
Good, pre-nap watch.

31:50-- what Niners been missing from the offense
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 17, 2023 at 12:27 PM ]

Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Giedi:

Whoa!

That's amazing

I thought so, too. In all fairness I heard this from John Chapman as well, on YouTube yesterday afternoon.

This is all part of the quickly growing legend of Brock Purdy. I love it. Say what you want about CJ Beathard, he unexpectedly provided us incredible value.
Just listened to Pat McAfee talk about Purdy.

I don't normally listen to entire radio/talk/news programs, I generally watch condensed forms that talk specifically about 49ers, cuz I don't have time to follow every team.

But what Pat said really summed it up well. I left out quite a bit because Pat can really talk it up, but this is the meat:

This dude was Mr. Irrelevant, nobody f**kin' wanted him... ...this is not normal what we're seeing right here. This is a guy that we all should be rooting for... ...we should all be happy about it, but people aren't for some reason. It doesn't make any sense to me...

People don't want to be up against a monster team like the 49ers WITH a massive feel-good underdog story like Purdy's. Like it's too much or something.

Hard to fathom how difficult his professional path has been, really. All his learning and growth and development has been UNDER THE GUN, with at least something riding on every game, be it expectations, seeding, and win-or-go home playoff results. Trying to take anything away from him is just bonkers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Come on, Brock - have a Purdy good game.
Any of you collect football cards? Purdy cards are OUTRAGEOUS right now!
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Any of you collect football cards? Purdy cards are OUTRAGEOUS right now!

I have one that i pulled and I think was a common card when it started 😂.
Share 49ersWebzone